The Furry Basketball Association, usually shortened to the FBA, is a furry-oriented collaborative project that revolves around a fictional basketball league of anthropomorphic players.
The FBA contains examples of:
- Aerith and Bob: The league has players with names like John, Jake, and Charles, but then there are names like Cheeto, Nohea, and Mathiyazagan. Justified as many of the players come from different ethnic groups.
- Ear Notch: Buck Hopper and Cheeto Wolfote both have damaged ears. Bruce Bounder is missing half of one.
- Expy: While the league itself is modeled after the National Basketball Association, some of the players within the league are modeled after actual NBA players. For instance, Healey Davis of the Huntsville Mayors is modeled after Michael Jordan.
- Fantastic Slurs: Given this is a furry universe, there are a number of them. One of them is calling a red fox a "slinger", which was inspired by the fox tossing practice in real life 17th and 18th century Europe.
- Interspecies Romance: Happens quite often. Two such couples include a rabbit with a lioness and a red wolf with a red panda, all of them players.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: There's 24 teams, each with at least 12 players. Add that to the number of free agents, retired players, staff, management, and reporters, and there are easily hundreds of characters.
- Take That: There's a graphic on the wiki of the Anubian Host mascot's dunking on Snappy, the mascot for Hostgator◊. Hostgator was the original host of furrybasketball.com.