- Ambiguous Gender: Invoked with several of the characters.
- Doing It for the Art: All FanPro characters are in the public domain, so there's no royalties.
- Loads and Loads of Characters - There are currently around 2,000 different character designs. The initial goal was only 1,000; however, its popularity caused it to go even further.
- No Name Given - Since there is no canon, the characters are usually distinguished by their numbers.
- Official Fan-Submitted Content: Since the original 100 designs, the makers of Fanpro have begun accepting fan-submitted characters into the official canon. Of course, given that there's no canon, fan content makes up almost the entirety of Fanpro.
- Public Domain Character: Every single one of them.
- Terrible Artist: chiitomero, who designed 0001 through 0063. Tropes Are Not Bad, in this case - it's allowed artists to take a lot of liberties with the designs.
- Several of the later artists that submitted designs aren't the best either.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Quite a few of the designs.
Web Original / Fan Pro
In summer of 2013, a girl named Nikka was given a challenge for a scholarship - make a fandom. Of course, said person couldn't write, draw, produce music, videos, or anything that could cultivate a fandom. Her solution? Allow the net to create the fandom themselves. With the help of some friends, she started releasing character designs on the public domain, giving no context, and declaring everything to be canon. ...And then it turned out that she had lied about the scholarship. (She did apologize for leading everybody on, though.) However, her friends, realizing what an amazing thing they created, decided to keep FanPro going like before, as an open community, just minus the goal of trying to get a scholarship.Information about FanPro can be found at the official Tumblr.