'Wuffle'' is a Comedy Furry Web Comic
created by Piti Yindee
. It is about Wuffle, a Big Nice Wolf
who's a Farm Boy
by trade, and his everyday life in Gingerbread Village
with friends Pui Pui the hedgehog
is for all ages, aiming to be more like the nostalgic comic strips of old.
The comic publishes every Wednesday on its website
, and is free to syndicate and reuse for any reason.
Has a character sheet
- Affectionate Parody: Of folk tales with a big bad wolf (not to be confused with The Big Bad Wolf who appears in fairy tales as a Stock Character, of course).
- The artist has also made one of Astro Boy, but cast with Wuffle characters and personalities.
- Arcadia: Gingerbread Village is a parody of this.
- Copyright: "Wuffle" is a literal subversion of copyright law, as creator Piti Yindee released the work into the public domain via the "Creative Commons Zero" waiver.
- Digital Piracy Is Evil: Subverted - see Digital Piracy Is Okay below.
- Digital Piracy Is Okay: Creator Piti Yindee actively encourages (on his the comic site's "Free License" page) for people to copy, recreate, and even sell copies and derivative works of "Wuffle." This is made as legally official as possible thanks to Yindee's use of the "Creative Commons Zero" waiver, a fairly unprecedented move for most webcomics artists (and artists in general).
- Egg MacGuffin: This precious strip. Wuffle collects a fresh egg from the hens, and cooks it for his meal. Right as he's about to eat it, the egg's cooked yolk hatches into a live chick, right on the dinner plate.
- Another one has a large one that Wuffle thinks would make a good omelet, but when he tries to crack it on the side of a bowl the entire table breaks from the force.
- Face Palm: Foxxo does this when Wuffle outpranks him during April Fool's.
- Furry Comic
- Hand or Object Underwear: Used by Wuffle in an Easter special, after an overzealous group of kids tear up the lower half of his bunny costume while trying to get the eggs.
- Mr Fix It: Wuffle, taken Up to Eleven. Most notable is he once broke something that was like an ipad, and fixed so it made a holographic projection.
- Odd Couple: Wuffle and Pui Pui. Wuffle is genuinely nice, helpful and hardworking. Pui Pui is very lazy and prone to fits of anger.
- Out-Gambitted: Foxxo pranks Pui Pui and Wuffle by asking them to fix his car (when they get there, it's a box on wheels). Wuffle gets Foxxo back but good.
- Petting Zoo People
- Public Domain Character: Wuffle himself, and the entire cast, are all public domain characters thanks to creator Piti Yindee's use of the "Creative Commons Zero" waiver on the "Wuffle" comic series. Unlike most public domain characters, who reside there thanks to an expired or invalid copyright, Yindee's copyright was actually given up willingly with the intention of making the Wuffle comics free for anyone to copy, sell, reuse, recreate, and distribute in general.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: The entire cast.
- Scenery Porn: This.
- Species First Name: Wuffle and Foxxo.
- Status Quo Is God: When Wuffle gets a pair of new overalls, they look like his old ones within a week.
- Straight Gay: Chuck the mail horse and his boyfriend Dr. Greyham.
- Discriminate and Switch: When Chuck states that fact in the Christmas comic, Pui Pui is shocked...that the village has a doctor! Apparently, everyone is so healthy that Dr. Greyham doesn't get to do his job that often.
- Sugar Bowl
- Visual Pun: One of Wuffle's comedy staples.