Stairwell follows the unassured, slightly neurotic, everyman Norman Stairs. But Norman isn’t your normal guy. Based on the phenomenon “L'Esprit D'escalier,” Norman “sees” and “talks” to a manifestation of his brain. Stairwell updates every day.The complete Stairwell comic strip archive can be viewed here.
Frequent Stairwell Tropes:
- Imaginary Friend: Manifested in the form of Norman's brain
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: Norman plays the Straight Man and his brain is the Wise Guy
- I Just Want to Be Special: Norman wants frequently wishes he was more special, could talk to women, was brave, was smart, was funny, was intelligent, etc.
- White Collar Worker: Norman holds a generic office job
- Talking to Themself: Norman goes through long walks in the park where he thinks about things and has discussions with himself through the manifestation of his brain
- Can Not Spit It Out: Norman cannot talk to women without completely messing up
- Sunday Strip: On Sundays, Stairwell emulates a Sunday style strip that is totally unrelated to any storylines that might be going on