TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
Web Comic: Moody Mark Crusaders
Moody Mark Crusaders
is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
webcomic by Slitherpon, following the adventures of Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo wandering through Equestria turned to post-apocalyptic wasteland in unknown circumstances. Can be read here
Contains examples of:
- Alas, Poor Villain: Although Apple Bloom is a jerkass, it's hard not to feel sorry for her when she's Taken for Granite.
- Apocalypse How: Some details still wait to be explained.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: A shop named Knives, Evil Cloaks, and Sofas. Apple Bloom forgets about the sofa.
- Atomic F-Bomb: Scootaloo's sudden "Everypony shut the buck up!" in the page 21 left everypony speechless.
- Berserk Button: Any mention of Applejack is that for Apple Bloom.
- Yelling at Diamond Tiara is that for Silver Spoon.
- Blatant Lies: Apple Bloom in 3rd strip:
Ah'm the kindest, most innocent filly in Equestria.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Sweetie Belle in the first page is talking to "the ponies of the 9th dimension".
- Last three panels of the fifth strip.
- Brief Accent Imitation: Silver Spoon imitates Applejack's accent in the strip 17. Apple Bloom threatens to decapitate her.
- The Cameo: Button Mash and Dinky Hooves in 20th page.
- Captain Oblivious: Whatever happened to Sweetie Belle, left her completely disconnected from the rest of the world:
Apple Bloom: Ah don't get it, Sweetie. Your sister and her friends are dead, Equestria has fallen to horseapples all around you, and yet you still smile like an idiot about everything.
Sweetie Belle: Silly filly! Rarity and the others will be back! They're on vacation!
Apple Bloom: For four years...
Sweetie Belle: Yup!
- Cloudcuckoolander: Sweetie Belle.
- Conspicuously Public Assassination: Deaths of Celestia and Luna. Silver Spoon thinks it was a plot to frame Twilight Sparkle.
- Cool Shades: Silver Spoon sports a pair of steampunk-inspired aviator goggles.
- Deadpan Snarker: Scootaloo.
- Determinator: Silver Spoon.
Pointless Distractions! The whole of Equestria is at stake here!
- Also, Apple Bloom. Even her death didn't stop her.
- Deus ex Machina: Lampshaded by Apple Bloom, when the gang gets an airship-advertising leaflet:
Well... That was convenient.
- Dismotivation: Diamond Tiara, in contrast to Silver Spoon.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him Apple Bloom. Not that it stopped her.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Silver Spoon in the sixth strip. Her first proper appearance is 11 strips later.
- Easily Forgiven: Sweetie Belle immediately stops worrying about the cockatrice when Apple Bloom tells her about an ice cream parlour. Well, it's Sweetie Belle we're talking about...
- Enemy Mine: Scootaloo and Silver Spoon in page 22.
Scootaloo: Actually nevermind, you're pretty cool, Silver.
- Establishing Character Moment:
- In the first strip, Sweetie Belle is smiling widely while breaking the fourth wall; she also seems completely oblivious of her surroundings or the fact that Apple Bloom tries to kill her.
- Apple Bloom's "Go to buckin' Tartarus, Sweetie!" from the first strip.
- Expressive Hair: Sweetie Belle's mane in the strip 13.
- Face-Heel Turn: Apple Bloom, probably before the apocalypse.
- Failed a Spot Check: Apple Bloom on page 25, when she doesn't notice that she died.
- Flowery Insult: Apple Bloom and Silver Spoon's argument contains gems such as "Useless flankface", "Demented hillbilly", "Spoon sucker", and "Pear lover".
- Funny Background Event: Pop-ups ocasionally, usually as a graffiti or posters on the walls.
- Genre Savvy: Scootaloo. Too bad she's too apathetic to prevent anything that happens to them.
- Good Times Montage: Page 18.
- Hikikomori: Apple Bloom locked herself in her room for two months after Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo confronted her about her letter.
- Idiot Houdini: Sweetie Belle. She survives every Apple Bloom's assasination attempt, despite being bubbly and naive.
- I Was Having Such a Nice Dream: Apple Bloom in 12th strip.
- Jerk With A Heart Of Jerk: Apple Bloom.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Strip 9.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Scootaloo:
I often lay awake at night wondering if our lives are secretly dictated by some cruel overseer in another dimension.
- Madness Makeover: Everyone, especially Apple Bloom and Cadance.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Sweetie Belle, to Apple Bloom's fury.
- Noodle Incident: Several. How exactly Scootaloo injured her wings? What happened to Equestria?
- Whatever happened to the Mane 6. Their cutie marks on the trees, Apple Bloom's expression when Scootaloo mentions Applejack and Apple Bloom's reply give rather disturbing clues.
Remember the iron maiden?
- Not So Different: Diamond Tiara and Scootaloo. Also, Apple Bloom and Silver Spoon.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Apple Bloom thinks Sweetie does that.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: How did Sweetie Belle tame the cockatrice and make it change Apple Bloom back to normal?
- Also, whatever Scootaloo did to Apple Bloom between strips 22 and 23.
- Offscreen Teleportation: In 4th strip, Sweetie Belle managed to get out of the river and get back on the bridge in 2 panels.
- Oh, Crap: Apple Bloom's face at the end of page 9.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Apple Bloom's sudden change of mood when she thinks Sweetie Belle is dead in strip 4.
- Also, Sweetie Belle after Apple Bloom bucked the cockatrice into the tree.
- Parental Abandonment: Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon:
Silver Spoon: Our parents are going back to Canterlot soon and they tend to forget about us on trips like this...
Silver Spoon: ...and in general.
- The Password Is Always Swordfish: Or rather, "well, that's just silly".
- Perpetual Frowner: Apple Bloom, with a few exceptions.
- P.O.V. Cam: After Apple Bloom is turned back to normal.
- Precision F-Strike: Scootaloo delivers one in page 21.
- The Quiet One: Scootaloo and Diamond Tiara.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Scootaloo, of all the ponies, delivers one to Apple Bloom. When she's turned to stone by a cockatrice and can't hear her.
- The Reveal: Cadance is the queen.
- Sarcasm-Blind: Sweetie Belle.
- Scenery Gorn: Desolated Ponyville in page 8.
- Seen It All: Apple Bloom at the beginning of the seventh strip.
- Shrinking Violet: Diamond Tiara, at least when Apple Bloom is around.
- Something Completely Different: Sixth page, which consists of a narrative told by Silver Spoon, shedding some light at the backstory.
- The Stoic: Scootaloo.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: "Totally not an ice cream parlour".
- Taken for Granite: Happens to Apple Bloom in the 10th strip.
- Totally Radical: A part of Scootaloo's "The Reason You Suck" Speech:
Let's face it. You're a complete douchebagel. Like, totally evil douchebagel.
- Unsound Effect: Scootaloo's yawns and sighs are rendered as *scootayawn* or *scootasigh*.
- Also "Loud Noises!" in 20th strip.
- *Scootaboss*, *Scootaleader*, *Scootatakecharge*.
- The Voice: Apple Bloom, for the first 2 strips.
- We Can Rule Together: Cadance to Apple Bloom in the 10th strip.
- Wham Episode: Fifth page. We learn that Apple Bloom serves the mysterious "Queen" and her mission is to kill Sweetie Belle.
- Sixth strip even more so.
- Wretched Hive: Hoofington:
Apple Bloom: This is my kinda town. Dark, crowded, full of ponies that aren't you two nutjobs.