The Cloak is an original web animation created by the master of random comedy, Jason Steele
, at Film Cow
Productions. The plot is pretty simple: the Cloak (self described "private investigator
and life-long fighter of the international Communist conspiracy
") teams up with his sidekick, the disembodied head
of film-noir legend Robert Mitchum. Together, they set out to destroy the evil forces of Communism
, as well as many innocent bystanders
.Click here to watch the video...
This video provides examples of:
- Aborted Arc: We never do find out the fate of Joshua, the Libertarian Lizard.
- Considering the mental state of the two protagonists, it's possible that they just forgot about the whole mission.
- Affably Evil: "Well, we gotta get this body out of the building. Oh, how about seafood for lunch?
- The Alcoholic: Robert, though he doesn't seem to get drunk off it all. Then again, he doesn't seem to digest it in the first place.
- An Axe to Grind: Cloak's "Axe of Capitalism".
- Ax-Crazy: The Cloak, quite literally.
And that's what you get. You get my Axe of Capitalism... right in your face.
- Black Cloak: The Cloak is show to be a animate talking cloak rather than a person wearing a cloak.
- Bloody Hilarious
- Boom, Headshot
- Cloudcuckoolander: The Cloak, Robert, and possibly the cheery Mormon CEO.
- Everything Fades/This Was His True Form: Spoofed with the CEO of Toy Barn. Cloak was expecting him to turn into a "giant red squid of some sort" or otherwise just dissolve.
- The Hero Dies: Both the heroes actually, assuming you could call them that.
- Humanoid Abomination: The Cloak- a walking, talking cloak with a hood with an extremely weird vision of reality.
- In the Hood: His head is nothing but hood.
- Metaphorgotten: "My precious childhood is being raped in front of my eyes, and by Eskimos, no less... with their cold, feely hands."
- My God, What Have I Done?: Robert's reaction after microwaving his cat on an impulse.
- Private Detective
- Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies: Cloak and Robert are killed by a SWAT team.
- Shout-Out: In the Toy Barn, you can see toys from Charlie The Unicorn and Mr. Happy Face, as well a characters from a video that didn't exist at the time, Bino the Elephant.
- Spider Limbs: Robert uses his spine to manipulate objects.
- Spoof Aesop: "Antonio, Communism is a Mistress, which you soon find out is a Mister, and no amount of salt-baths will ever rinse you of the shame."
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: 'I have shrimp for sale, none of which I've licked.'
- Talkative Loon: Robert says some very strange things:
I believe in America!
By Jove, we've done it! Pull the hatch forward! What year is it, good sir?
I like shrimpies.
Dearest me, I've forgotten my tulips.
- The Cuckoolander Was Right:
The Cloak: Well it seems the law has been laid down, Robert.
Robert: What's "the law?"
The Cloak: Harsh and unforgiving, and now we're on the lam, outcasts of society. Pushed away from the large, warm bosom of Lady America. It's not fair, Robert, I want that bosom!
Robert: Well you did axe up two innocent people!
- Trademark Favorite Food: DELICIOUS CRAB MEAT.
- Unexplained Recovery: Cloak's office seems to be the only thing that wasn't actually damaged by the city-wide inferno that started out in the very same office.
- Villain Protagonist: Our heroes: the casual serial killer and the deranged cat-microwaver.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist
- Word Salad Lyrics: "My chalupas I defend! From the king of the great chalupa sea, with his arms of modern steam-powered engines of the future. $6.99 FOR A VALUE MEAL! $6.99 FOR A VALUE MEAL!!!"
- You! Exclamation: "Yes, meeeee... can I help you?"
- Your Mom: "Well, you've got an ax in your face!")