Minecraft: The N00b Adventures
is a Web Animation
series set in the popular Minecraft
video game. It's hosted on YouTube
via Machinima, as well as Newgrounds.
The story revolves around three newbie Minecraft players who join a server one day, only to find it oppressed by the tyrannical Gaylord_Steambath. They resolve to fight him and his griefing ways, but must first meet powerful allies, learn what happened to the server, and, you know, learn the ropes of the game.
The series can be found here
Tropes present in these videos include:
- Ambiguously Gay: Fittingly, Gaylord_Steambath.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Uglina the Witch saves the heroes from the Wither because, unlike Milky_Dad, they were nice to her and gave her a name.
- Dirty Coward: Gaylord will quickly teleport himself or his enemies away whenever he's on the losing end.
- Face-Heel Turn: In exchange for his survival, Milky_Dad makes a deal with Gaylord_Steambath. He is now Gaylord's right hand man.
- Fantastic Racism: Milky_Dad really hates NPCs.
- Freudian Trio:
- Giving the Sword to a Noob: Only three noobs can defeat evil!
- The best equipment among the group is also given to Noobly, the noobiest of the three. Fart gets second priority of high grade equipment as well.
- G-Rated Drug: Milky_Dad's merchandise, which includes unspecified potions, mushrooms, and glowdust, none of which have intoxicating effects in the actual game.
- Griefer: Gaylord_Steambath. Hackers like "Xx_Dark_PvP_Hacker_xX" count as well.
- Hero Killer: Milky_Dad drops Fart in a dark pit to prove his new loyalty to Gaylord. Luckily, Fart survived.
- Hidden Depths: Fart, who knows a lot about French philosopher Descartes. He goes off for about 15 seconds, only to be cut off by Snake.
- I Call It Irene: Milky_Dad's sword. Doubles as a Companion Cube.
- It Is Pronounced Tro PAY: Concerning a certain ghost of the creator's brother, it's either "He-ro-bro-nay" (Snake), "Hero-briny" (Fart), or "Hero-brine" (NPC Villager)
- Knight of Cerebus: Xx_Dark_PvP_Hacker_xX
- Man of a Thousand Voices: Jeff Schwertfeger, who voices Fart Garfunkel, Gaylord Steambath, and Milky_Dad, none of whom sound anything like each other.
- Meaningful Name: Yoda_Morpheus and possibly Gaylord_Steambath.
- The dark clad player fighting hacker that Gaylord recruits is, fittingly named, Xx_Dark_PvP_Hacker_xX
- The Mentor: Yoda_Morpheus.
- Younger than They Look: Played with. Despite being an Obi-Wan expy, with Yoda's name, it's pretty easy to tell he's a kid in real life.
- Metaphorgotten: Gaylord makes up his own idioms occasionally when not making quote references.
- Quip to Black: Fart Garfunkel is very fond of this, even possessing a pair of sunglasses for just such an occasion.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Fart makes it his goal to use Irene to personally ram it up Milky_Dad's "blocky asshole".
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Used in part 20 when Snake has a unfortunate encounter with Herobrine.
- Shout-Out: To Star Wars, The Matrix, and many others.
- Sissy Villain: Check out those short shorts on Gaylord Steambath!
- Sixth Ranger: Milky_Dad.
- Smurfette Principle: So far there has been only one girl in the entire series.
- Team Pet: Descartes the pig.
- The Mole: Gaylord_Steambath's backstory involves him becoming an admin by pretending to be a Nice Guy. Truth in Television on Minecraft servers.
- Unfortunate Names: Pretty much everyone has these.