A short CGI crossover Fan Film
by Monty Oum
. As the title suggests, it crosses over Halo
. It consists of nothing but our favorite Power Armor
-clad protagonists kicking ass (including each others') without regard for minor things like the laws of physics
. It was Monty Oum
's big break, securing his status as an Internet
legend. Something of a rough diamond compared to his later Dead Fantasy
series, it was nevertheless an impressive feat - put together in a barely over two months by one man with no formal training or a budget, on his home computer. Showcasing spectacular fight scene choreography, polished visuals, a fair bit of Fanservice
and a Twist Ending
, it's a loving send-up to both games as well as shooters/fighting games/action movies in general.
It can be found at any of the following links:
This work contains examples of:
- Back-to-Back Badasses: Oh so much.
- Between My Legs: The shot immediately after Samus' Bring It gesture begins this way, then zooms in on MC.
- Bomb Jump: Although not by choice.
- Bring It: Samus' The Matrix style "come get me" gesture to MC.
- Credits Gag: Type 5 (Monty Oum is listed as doing everything)
- Curb-Stomp Battle:
- It takes about thirty seconds for the ODSTs to all get killed.
- The Covenant get thoroughly squashed shortly after.
- After Samus loses her power armor, she starts kicking Master Chief around like a ragdoll. Chief would've easily been killed were it not for the Covenant's timely return. Word of God is that this is because MC had fallen in love.
- Dance Party Ending: Done purely for Fanservice and lulz.
- Deadly Dodging
- Dual Wielding: Samus does it with energy swords. And shields if you count them as weapons.
- Enemy Mine: Samus and MC join forces when more Covenant troops show up.
- Equippable Ally: MC picks up Samus for a rocket-boot powered Spin Attack.
- Fanservice: Zero Suit Samus.
- Grenade Tag
- Gun Fu: MC takes down numerous Elites and Grunts with a plasma rifle this way.
- Guns Akimbo: Only replace guns with minigun and a cannon.
- Homage Shot: To The Matrix films.
- A certain scene, with handguns swapped for rocket launchers.
- Another scene, with a metal pole replaced by a laser whip.
- Another scene, where Samus twirls around, with a metal pole replaced by MC.
- I Do Not Own: In the end credits
- I Just Shot Marvin in the Face: A grunt demonstrates this with a shotgun right after the opening credits. On himself.
- Implausible Fencing Powers: Samus.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: MC. At one point Chief kills about 30 covenant with a single sniper shot.
- Intimidation Demonstration: After the first time Samus activates her Laser Blade, she performs some basic cuts and swings with it.
- Laser Blade: Samus has one that not only cuts things but acts as a tractor beam, blaster and stasis field generator.
- Let's You and Him Fight
- More Dakka: MC doesn't like having an empty hand, and Samus has the Power Beam.
- Morph Weapon: The stun gun / laser whip/sword that Zero Suit Samus uses.
- Neck Lift: A Covenant Elite does this to an ODST near the end of the initial battle.
- Offhand Backhand: Done by Samus to a pair of elites, while Dual Wielding a pair of energy swords.
- One-Man Army: Times two.
- Outrun the Fireball
- Pinball Projectile: MC combines this with with a a Sniper Rifle, a pair of Energy Shields, and some serious Improbable Aiming Skills. Twice.
- Reverse Grip: Used to stab two enemies without turning around.
- Rocket Boots: Another reason why Zero Suit Samus rocks.
- Running Gag: Crotch: *ffzzzt*
- Samus is a Girl: The effect of the trope name was replicated for Master Chief. MC was surprised (and aroused, as the sparkle crotch indicates) to find this out. Also that ambiguous looking pig thing, it turns out nah, just kidding, no pig thing. Turns out MC is a girl too. It's short for Master Chick and she's meant to be Nicole-458 - the secret Spartan character from Dead or Alive 4. Her identity is made explicit due to the number on her unarmored model's bodysuit.
- Self-Destruct Mechanism: MC's Spartan armor has a detachable breastplate that can be set to detonate like a nuclear bomb.
- Shout-Out: Samus' whip sounds like a lightsaber.
- As well as numerous shout-outs to The Matrix series.
- Something Else Also Rises: Distaff example. Since the Chief was actually female, instead of getting a boner, she got wet.
- Sphere of Destruction: Courtesy of the Spartan armor's Self-Destruct Mechanism.
- Stat O Vision:
- Threat level — '''Massive'''. We don't get to see any faces during the battle, but at this point, an Oh, Crap reaction can be implied.
- Before removing the outer armor, MC's HUD goes through a booting up, including the Bungie logo and "SO VERY TIRED", which was either our Spartan's feelings on the matter or that of the AI in said warrior's armor.
- Stealth Pun: There were two different Floods in this video; one resulted in sparks.
- Sticks to the Back: Justified. The SPARTAN armor is magnetized to provide this precise effect.
- Throwing Your Shield Always Works: MC cuts a Covenant member in half with a thrown shield.
- The War Sequence: Zerg have nothing on the Covenant.
- Weaponized Exhaust: Samus's rocket boots do more than just lift her up.
- You Don't Look Like You: The SPARTAN's unarmored appearance has never been revealed, but according to Dead or Alive 4 Nicole has a BWH of 49-30-41, a good deal more shapely than her unarmored model in the video.
- Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny
- Wave Motion Gun: Samus with her Zero Laser.