Web Animation: FF7: About Random Battles
FF7: About Random Battles is a flash animation by Legendary Frog on Newgrounds.com, parodying Final Fantasy VII, particularly Random Encounters.
These are the following tropes:
- Deadpan Snarker: The Narrator.
- Interactive Narrator
- Lampshade Hanging:The Narrator: Yes, I have no idea why these random animals were carrying 148 gil and a magic fire ring. It will forever be a mystery!
- Lemony Narrator
- Mini-Game: Materia Madness. Complete it to unlock bonus scenes.
- Money Spider: Lampshaded.
- Not What It Looks Like: In one of the extra scenes, Barret and Tifa talk about Tifa's melons. Not those melons.
- Oh, Crap: The Tonberry... THE TONBERRY!
- The Scrappy: Yuffie and Cait Sith. "Just kidding, guys! No one likes you!"
- Stylistic Suck: The final bonus scene plays out as crayon scribbles.
- The Voiceless: Everyone but the Narrator. Justified in that it appears to be done in the style of a silent movie.
- With a Friend and a Stranger: Cloud chooses Tifa and Aeris in his party. The Narrator is pleased.The Narrator: Nice job, Cloud! They're hot!