->''"Can you write?"\\
"Of course, duh."\\
"How about drawing?"''\\
- Written dialogue between the two main characters
''Draw With Me'' is an animated short set to a short-edit of Otsuka Ai's song ''Cherish'', made by [[http://mikeinel.deviantart.com/ Mikeinel]]. It's about a girl and a boy separated by an unbreakable glass, and is considered one of the [[TearJerker saddest]] original works on Website/YouTube. Watch at your own risk. This does not stop it from being face-meltingly popular across the Internet, though.
It can be found on Website/YouTube [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvjZ6VkLuCM here]], and on Website/DeviantArt [[http://mikeinel.deviantart.com/art/Draw-with-Me-Video-129928138?q=gallery%3Amikeinel%2F17767&qo=145 here]]. It also has several supplemental works, including [[http://mikeinel.deviantart.com/art/Them-with-colors-121409756 color roughs]], [[http://mikeinel.deviantart.com/art/How-I-Made-Draw-with-Me-118709076 a Making Of]], [[http://mikeinel.deviantart.com/art/Draw-With-Me-Valentines-112788303 a very sad wallpaper]], [[http://mikeinel.deviantart.com/art/Draw-with-me-Page1-100954745 a preview comic]], a ''very depressing'' [[http://mikeinel.deviantart.com/art/I-Don-t-Want-Your-Arm-137465346 direct followup]] (spoilers!), and a slightly happier [[http://altiz-studio.deviantart.com/art/DrawWithMe-119999661 distant finale]] (spoilers!!), another less-happy distant universe expansion after that [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb_ZU1lCgnc#t=2m31s here]] and finally a much happier [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWKUT19LK00 sequel]].
It can also be downloaded [[http://mikeinel.deviantart.com/art/Draw-With-Me-116362642 here]].
!!This animation has examples of:
* AllThereInTheManual: The extras above are mostly just things to [[TearJerker make you cry yet again]], but the EasterEgg in the video for "Who" tells you many important things, like why they couldn't just use a ladder. [[spoiler:Living things have a tendency to die when they pass over the wall.]]
* BeautifulVoid: The setting.
* CatGirl: The look of the girl in this, and the boy appears to have a wolf tail.
* ChekhovsGun: Dominant hands.
* CouldntFindAPen: The use of coal on the wall.
* DoesThisRemindYouOfAnything: Long-distance relationship seems to be an influence on the themes, and anyone who has little contact with the one they love will tell you that it hits a little too hard. [[spoiler: The ending also alludes to organ transplantation such as kidney transfers or stem cell donations for loved ones.]]
* DownerEnding: The creator has stated that he doesn't like [[HappilyEverAfter sugar-coated perfect endings]]. He ''certainly'' hit his mark here.
* ExposedToTheElements: If that really is snow, these two are most certainly underdressed for it, especially the girl.
* HopeSpot: When the boy punches through the glass, [[spoiler: which then ''instantly'' reforms, shredding the boy's arm and many crucial tendons in his drawing hand]].
* LoveMakesYouCrazy: Most certainly on display here.
* MeetCute: Done ''right''.
* NoNameGiven: Both our main characters are this. However, [[spoiler: on [[http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=324208167620805&id=161009323940691 Mikeinel's facebook page]], he calls the boy Zefyr and the girl Lilian.]]
* TheNoseless: This too.
* PinkGirlBlueBoy: The color scheme, anyway.
* ThePowerOfLove: What [[spoiler:compels the boy to try to break through the glass]].
* SeparatedByTheWall: A textbook example of this trope.
* SnowMeansLove: Well, at least the firefly-like things look like snow.
* StarCrossedLovers: Well, kinda...
* StatusQuoIsGod: Apparently averted, played straight, subverted, and then ''played straight again'' in a rather disturbing way.
* TheStinger: One that bothers a lot of people, to put it lightly.
* TheVoiceless: Because sound can't reach across the wall.
* WhamLine: "It feels cold." It's after this line that everything starts progressively turning into a heap of emotion for both the characters and the viewers.
* WindowLove: Or rather, wall love. The principle's the same.