Web Animation: Da Amazin OT Advenchr
Da Amazin OT Advenchr
(DAOA for short) is a series of (purposely)
crappy web animations
. The first episode
(or appisote) was released on his channel July 24, 2013.
The series stars the formerly-Satanic Liteslayer, in his adventures in the noticeably barren
and mostly colourless landscapes of ROBLOX
Off Topic. Everyone in the series talks through text, and nearly no one can spell right. Other characters include Deine and TNT, Gr33n and Lrodneo, the tOLPers, and more.
Doormat, one of the tOLPers and Toaster’s friend, has made a website dedicated to listing all of the episodes here
DAOA provides examples of:
- Art Evolution: Most characters on the show were drawn as obese until around A.5, when they became stickmen as a result of art changes.
- Art Shift: In Appisote 18, Lite freaks out as the show starts getting colours, shading, and backgrounds.
- Better to Die Than Be Killed: In A.22, a Christian decides that he doesn’t want to die by the hands of Satan (who is really Nascar), so he kills himself.
- Blatant Lies: In DSAOA 3, “Not Microsoft Land”. This place also contains a bunch of signs pointing at a specific room that has “Not Where Bill Gates Lives” written on them.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: As seen in the page quote, Deine called DAOA itself crap when it started “evolving” during Appisote 18.
- The Bully: In the very first appisote, a bully calls Lite a “bgi fookign fgt” which causes him to cry and seek revenge.
- Character Name Alias: The tOLPers identify Liteslayer as “ToasterApocalypse”, while the OTers identify him as “Lite”.
- Christmas Episode: “Da Amazin OT Cristmats Advenchr” (while not a real appisote, it is set during Christmas).
- Cutaway Gag: DSAOA Appisote 3 features two, which Lite and TNT freak out about.
: hory fuk dat wos in no waye relotid 2 da appisote polt TNT
: wich meens wot?/ Lite
: dat wos a cuttawaye gagg TNT
: hory o no dat meens... Lite
: ya teentee [beat] fambilee gay
- Disproportionate Retribution: The “Buli” and Noobomatik call Lite a “fgt” in appisotes 1 and 2. He then proceeds to kill them in A.3.
- Droste Image: One is seen at the beginning of Appisote 9.
- The Face of the Sun: In Appisote 18, the sun has a rather… queer face.
- Fan Disservice: See Freeze-Frame Bonus below.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: There are quite a few of these in DAOA, including a drawing of Lite in Curly’s panties near the beginning of A.22.
- Inherited Illiteracy Title
- Obligatory Swearing: The characters do swear quite a bit (albeit mispelled, of course).
- Parody Name: Dootmat. It annoys the real-life Doormat.
- Running Gag: Samario dying in all Appisotes he appears in (with the exception of A.7 and A.11), and then returning with no explanation.
- TNT defecating in the LMaD food supply in A.9 causes Lite to keep the OT food supply far away from him.
- Super Gay Hexagon, a parody of Terry Cavanagh’s mobile game “Super Hexagon”, is often seen in lesser parts of the frame, such as Lite’s shirt in A.3.
- Satanic Archetype: Nascar returns as one in Appisote 22.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: When Doormat sees Dav die in Appisote 5, he runs away.
- Self-Deprecation: See the page quote.
- Stylistic Suck: As you can see.
- Take That: Appisote 5 was a big Take That to the tOLP community (they weren’t pleased).
- In A.17, the same tOLPers became Nazis.
- A.22 had plenty of Take Thats to Christians.
- They Killed Kenny: Samario. See Running Gag above.
- Justified, since Samario is simply based off the main characters of VVVVVV, and therefore it should be logical that he respawns at a checkpoint.
- To Be Continued: Seen in many of the early appisotes. For an example, according to the first appisote, it would be continued on “NOVEMBR 34TH 2069”.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: In A.19, when Lite lands on Pluto after being kicked in the ass BY an ass, an alien there shapeshifts into Nascar to fool Lite.
- We Will Meet Again: Lite is thrown out of the Satanic church after it’s been taken over by Christians. He then delivers one of these (and Lampshades it).
- White Void Room: The entirety of the series takes place in a void landscape, save for Appisote 18.