Web Animation / Clock Suckers
is a web-based cartoon
created by Mike and Andy Parker and released under the College Humor website. The show stars Ben (voiced by Mike Parker), a thirty-something slacker who inherits a time machine composed of a bathtub and a Simon game from his deceased grandfather. Along with his friends, Kate (voiced by Hollie Bertram) and Tanner (voiced by Andy Parker), Ben uses the time machine to travel through time, changing and altering the timeline along the way. The cast is rounded out by Grit, a sarcastic robot
, and Rocco, a talking cat, both of whom Ben has also inherited from his grandfather.
The 13 cartoons were released from 2007 to 2008.
Clock Suckers provides examples of:
- Bad Future: Ben, Kate and Tanner create one, though it doesn't seem so bad to them.
- Bungling Inventor: Ben's deceased grandfather. Also insane, as shown in one episode where they go back in time to see him.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Just about any famous people they meet in the past is like this.
- Crazy Enough to Work: The way Tanner's... um, friend, tried to get them out of the alternate dimension. It didn't work.
- In the Past, Everyone Will Be Famous: Happens in some episodes.
- Jerkass: Kate, although all three main characters qualify.
- Loveable Sex Maniac: Kate and Elvis.
- Last Name Basis: Tanner. Even his mom calls him that.
- My Future Self and Me: Happens with Tanner in one episode.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Billy Murder.
- Non Sequitur Causality: Delaying the death of Abe Lincoln turns Kate into a guy.
- Of Corpse He's Alive: Thinking they killed Lindsay Lohan (she was only in coma), they do this while starring in a movie, and actually wins an Oscar.
- Our Time Machine Is Different: It's a bath tub with a board game for the controls. Also, Ben convinces Kate that it won't work if she has a shirt on.
- Parallel Porn Title: The episode Demolition Man is Not a Good Movie begins with Ben saying he can take any movie titles and turn it into a porn title, with Kate listing some movie titles. He struggled to come up with one for The Bridges of Madison County when the main plot kicks in. When the future is under attack (It Makes Sense in Context), Ben finally comes up with a porn title for the film (The Bridges of Madison Cootchie).
- Really Gets Around: The final episode shows the three discovering that Elvis Presley had sex with Tanner's mom nine months before he was born, so they go back in time so they can bring him back and confront Mrs. Tanner about it. In the meantime they notice Elvis's notebook listing names of all the people he had sex with, among them Betsy Ross (later seen humping her skeleton remains), Minnie Mouse, and Xantar the Horrible.
- Talking Animal: Rocco the cat, who is able to talk through a machine Ben's grandfather invented.
- Time Travel: The whole premise of the series.
- Time Travel for Fun and Profit: Every single episode.
- Wayback Trip