Vinnie Veritas' CCC is a flash series hosted on Newgrounds here
and on Vinnie's personal site
and a comic hosted here
with an english translation available here
and is centered around the CCC city, aka The City of Opportunities.
The comic is about a newcomer to CCC named Lucio and follows his exploits around the city as he meets up with colourful characters and gets involved with some of the various shenanigans that are part of everyday life for the denizens, with the flash animations as a sort of supplement, and are focused on other characters, often with no connection to the main story.
A strange and fun combination of Real Life
, fantasy, sci-fi and Mexico rolled up into a multitude of short and micro stories, combining the relatively mundane and slice of life bits with action packed scenes like people fighting robots, sword fights and giant snooker balls, not to mention complicated high school love stories, giant kite mishaps and the ubiquitous blimps that populate the CCC city itself and which are a symbol for the series.
It's probably best to see it for yourself.
The flashes are specially notable for having a pretty unique soundtrack consisting mainly of Spanish rock and pop songs and for the diverse character designs the series has. Most of the people in the CCC universe are only seen for a second or two before they're gone, yet they still seem to have a life of their own and feel unique and interesting, leaving a lasting impact.
inofilm has adapted
Rush ++ into a short live action video.
Not related to the Chaos Computer Club in any way.
Some tropes found in this series are:
- Art Evolution
- City of Adventure
- Cool Airship: A grinning airship too!
- Cool Sword
- Cool Train: Would you kindly see this video?
- Cast of Snowflakes: To a large extent, despite the trope below. This is mainly because of their clothing and actions/personalities.
- Downer Ending: Gravitaxis++. It may be hard to see as it's in <<RWD mode, but search for a FWD>> version and it becomes rather sobering.
- Gravity Screw: In Gravitas++, made possible with illegal anti-gravity drugs made in an apartment room.
- Impossibly Cool Clothes: The primary way most of the characters are distinguished. There's even a Virtual Paper Doll flash animation that lets you go through dozens and dozens of possible clothing combinations.
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- Love Martyr
- Made of Iron: A lot of people survive things those not from the CCC would die from.
- Only Six Faces: Though given its simplistic art-style, it's not necessarily a bad thing.
- Rule of Cool: Just look at the page description.
- Scenery Porn: some exceptionally detailed and original backgrounds (clearly inspired by Mexican landscapes) can be seen.
- Tsundere: Lam certainly seems to be this way.
- Winged Humanoid: Some people in CCC have tiny wings. It's never been explained why.
- Rush 2 manages to explain part of it while raising more questions at the same time. But, if you have enough brain left to question this during the Crazy Awesome and high HSQ of Rush 2, find another series. Mull it over later.
- Word of God says that an enormous highly techonological war took place in the past, and some people still have traces of the genetic experimentation from that time.
- World of Badass: Everyone in CCC has either a), highly augmented reflexes, b) super strength, c) super durability, d) a weapon of some sort, (Whether it be yoyos, scarf tentacles, explosive cards, revolvers, or katana.) and usually they have e), all of the above.
- World of Ham: It's an incredibly chaotic world where unrequited high-school love can result in explosions, there's a festival where people have to defeat a giant robot clown, and it's a World of Badass.
- Wrench Wench: Well Lam does have a large wrench...