Web Animation: BUTTON
BUTTON is a Web Animation created by Kazuki Takahashi (yes, that Kazuki Takahashi) and produced by Studio Dice.In the middle of the boundless landscape of space is Planet BUTTON, a place where buttons govern everything, from everyday lives to the government itself. A press of a button can do anything, from paying your taxes to making important decisions to maintaining the planet's plasma cannon.However, the peace of the planet is disrupted when Dr. Walkure sneaks into the Planetary Parliament and causes the planet's ruler, Munoh, to press the one dreaded button...It is up to Button 229, a young planetian, to save the space one day.The animation, currently up to the prologue and the first episode, is available on Studio Dice's website here.Not to be confused with other kind of buttons or the Troper named Button.
This web animation provides examples of:
- Big Bad: Dr. Walkure.
- Big Red Button: A literal representation of it, which appears to be the planet's plasma cannon. But then the planet's ruler is coaxed into activating the said defense mechanism...
- Earth-Shattering Kaboom: Planet BUTTON is blown up by the plasma cannon.
- Freud Was Right: Those cannons are placed on the spaceships in a rather odd way.
- Shattered World: Planet BUTTON after its destruction.
- Traitor Shot: Dr. Walkure looking shifty when sitting in the Planetary Parliament.
- Zipperiffic: Several of the planetians have zippers on them.