Our hero, Litho.Audience
is the second web series from Run To the Battle Productions. This show is incredibly ambitious for an independent crowd-sourced project, with a full voice cast, and a professional audio engineer.
The stage is a land of talking quadrupeds and feudal kingdoms upturned two decades ago by "seams" in reality splitting apart. Litho is a young loner whose only friend is his sister, Rags. He lives in the Quasar Kingdom, ruled by King Oxymoron, though everyone calls him Oxy. Even for The Stage
this kingdom is quite peculiar, and circumstances can only grow more curious, as the villainous Showtime has arrived, and he intends to throw quite a party!
It is something of a Spiritual Successor
to RTTBP's previous series, The Birds Are Working
Audience contains examples of the following tropes:
- All There in the Manual: The majority of what the fandom knows comes from Word of God or brief shorts.
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: This series has strong ties to the Furry Fandom and the feral oc fandom. Naturally, some of the character designs are quite vibrant. The creator has a lot of skill with color theory and a deep understanding of aesthetics, so it's never egregious. Also, all the character's with prominently unnatural colour schemes are supernatural in nature. Parti, for instance, is a Piņata.
- Anthropomorphic Food: One of the Darkkies, Sugar Rush, is made of what appears to be classic candy treats including candy cane and sour tape.
- Art Evolution: Many characters have drastically changed since the original shorts and game.
- Litho's design has changed four times.
- Artistic License - Astronomy: The sky is delightful. Just◊ look at it.
- Ascended Extra: Please began as a female background character to balance out the cast's gender distribution. She's now in possession of a complex origin story and Character Development.
- Assimilation Plot: Showtime is ...up to something. What with the manipulation, mind control, and "collecting" of people.
- Backstory: Life's a stage. Everyone has a story. Everyone.
- Bag of Kidnapping: The fake guards put Oxy into one.
- Beleaguered Assistant: Toonny is this to Showtime. Showtime is regularly seen using him as furniture.
- Bilingual Bonus: Whenever Mingu speaks Hangul (Korean).
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: Litho and his sister Rags
- Crapsack World: In the early years of his reign, Oxy has a 0% Approval Rating. Things aren't much better after Showtime shows up.
- Dances and Balls: Oxy's castle is host to ones in the parody "Oh Queen Paint!" and the MAP music video "The Bidding".
- Evil-Detecting Dog: Considering that almost all the characters are dogs, this is hilarious, but yes, characters do this sometimes. Sentient or not, an evil detecting dog is an evil detecting dog.
- Evil Laugh: Oxy, isn't he a good guy?
- Fantasy Kitchen Sink: You'd be surprised by the variety of creatures you would meet in the Quasar Kingdom if you spent enough time there. The main cast contains a water monster, a ghost, and two ghouls. This diversity is afforded by seams in reality that import oddities.
- Fisher King: Oxy, according to this.
- Good Cop/Bad Cop: Leaders of The Dark Guard, Day and First, respectively. Day is an exhausted optimist with insomnia and First is an implacably austere authoritarian that never sleeps, literally.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: The character of Darkky is actually the fursona of the series creator. The different forms of Darkky come from phases when she entered new fandoms or felt like reinventing the character on a whim. There were so many forms that it became a "thing" and their existence was implemented by a writer as a major facet of the plot. In the show, the Darkkies are dissociated stages of the character's personal development.
- Rightful King Returns: ...sorta.
- Right-Hand Cat: Oxy has Brighting, his cat butler.
- Schizo Tech: This is a world containing sentient robots and subterranean feral dens. You better believe it.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Tenebris Arx Turrim is ostensibly a prison for supernatural beings, however it's original purpose was to keep All from interacting with the other Darkkies, especially Showtime.
- Sliding Scale of Animal Cast: A type 1. This is a world ruled by talking dogs and cats. Though the seams open the potential for anything.
- There Are No Therapists: Several characters are described as mad or insane. No characters are described as psychiatric health professionals.
- Tyrant Takes the Helm: Oxy's parents are benevolent rulers. Oxy... not so much.
- Weirdness Magnet: The Quasar Kingdom is noticeably more prone to seams and the oddities that emerge from them than other kingdoms.
- World of Funny Animals
- Young and in Charge: Subverted. Oxy was meant to have his coronation as a puppy. Things didn't go as planned. When he returns from imprisonment, he is changed.