copy of an overpriced animation utility
and animated a bunch of strange pop-
culture images set to even stranger
Japanese music. Like moths to a flame,
a dozen copycats completely ripped off
the idea, starting a freaky movement.
And everybody say... "Yatta!"
- Hyakugojyuuichi, generally considered the first animutation of note, though an earlier example (Japanese Pokerap) exists
- French Erotic Film, first part of the Colin Mochrie Vs Jesus H Christ fanimutrilogy, continued with a part 2, Plan 9 From Underpants, and a part 3, Conquest of Animutopia.
- Irrational Exuberance
- Earth vs. Funk
- We Drink Ritalin, notable for its song, Hot Limit. It's an English translation of a Japanese song, done by an Italian band who can't speak English. The end result? Gratuitous English unlike anything you've ever seen before.
- Chocolate Niblet Beans, especially notable for popularizing animutations where certain elements are randomized for every individual viewing.
- Wizard Power
- Captain Lou Albano's Steady Descent into Madness
- The Fingertips Project
Tropes frequently found in animutations:
- Ascended Extra: See Breakout Character.
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: Captions consisting entirely of Mondegreens, almost always from a foreign language.
- Breakout Character: Colin Mochrie. He appeared in The Japanese Pokerap, but Mike Brady was the star and Mochrie was only a background singer. Starting with Hyakugojyuuichi, Mochrie became increasingly prominent while Brady fell by the wayside.
- Clip Art Animation
- Clumsy Copyright Censorship: The Jamezbond animutation featuring Peter Pan cosplayer Randy Constan was censored on YouTube, since the real Constan filed a DMCA complaint for "infringing on his trademark". He was covered up with text lampshading the situation on that version only. 
- Deranged Animation / Widget Series: The genre both loves these and is these.
- Easter Egg
- Gag Sub
- Loads and Loads of Characters: There's a couple dozen characters that appear frequently in animutation, and more than four thousand have appeared at least once.
- Mind Screw
- Mondegreen: An intentional use of mondegreens is a staple of the genre.
- Retraux: It is quite common to see newer Animutations deliberately made in an early-2000s-esque style.
- Running Gag
- Stupid Statement Dance Mix
- Unreadably Fast Text
- Video Collage
- Word Salad Humor
- Word Salad Title
Tropes relating to specific animutations:
- And I Must Scream: Bert's mouth gets sealed up in "Jammer Yama".
- Apocalypse Hitler: "Exotic Japan" and "Revenge of the Nazis" both involve Adolf Hitler taking over the world.