A Father/Son Story
is a series animated in Go Animate
by Youtube user seinfeldspitstain
. It tells the tragic story of a large father and his small son. The series is set in reverse order, showing the stories of each family member and each deaths.
A Father/Son Story provides examples of these tropes:
- Accidental Murder: Large Father accidentally pushes his wife on a standing screwdriver lying straight up on the ground, impailing her face.
- Aerith and Bob: Small Son, Large Father, Average Sized Mother, and... Kelvin?
- Asshole Victim: Kelvin was killed in the hallway by a stray screwdriver.
- Back to Front: Each episode is a prequel to it's predecessor. The episode will reveal what might have happened the episode before and each characters' intentions.
- Big Bad: Kelvin is revealed to have kicked off the plot at large as the story goes further back.
- Bitter Sweet Ending: Even though Large Father and Small Son burn to death, at least they burn together.
- Decoy Protagonist: Small Son actually has the shortest origin segment.
- Drowning My Sorrows: After getting fired, Large Father goes to a bar and orders five vodkas. This catches Kelvin's attention.
- Freudian Excuse: The reason for Small Son and Kelvin's behaviors are the deaths of their mothers. Kelvin's legitimate mother died and hates his father for having an affair with Average Sized Mother.
- Flashback Nightmare: Large father has nightmares about the war. upon revealing this to Kelvin in a bar, he is hired to murder his father.
- Hero of Another Story: Large Father and Average Sized Mother in the first two videos, whose stories wind up getting told in the later parts. Anti-Villain Villain Protagonist of another story in the former's case, really.
- Jerk Ass: Kelvin is a rude kid who hates his parents, makes rude comments to anyone, bullies Small Son. He doesn't care because his parents were dead. And he is the one to blame.
- Meaningful Name: Large Father is a father who is large in his son's eyes. Small Son is Large Father who is as unusually small as a toy. Average Sized Mother is reasonably smaller than her husband and larger than her son.
- Posthumous Character: Average Sized Mother, for the first two videos. In her and Large Father's videos, she's present, though.
- Stylistic Suck: This tragedy is animated in Go Animate.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Who killed Kelvin?