Web Animation / A Father Son Story
A Father/Son Story
is a series animated in GoAnimate
by Youtube user seinfeldspitstain
. It tells the tragic story of a large father and his small son. The series is set in reverse order, showing the stories of each family member and each deaths.
A Father/Son Story provides examples of these tropes:
- Accidental Murder: Large Father accidentally pushes his wife on a standing screwdriver lying straight up on the ground, impailing her face.
- Aerith and Bob: Small Son, Large Father, Average Sized Mother, and... Kelvin?
- Art-Style Dissonance: A dramatic, tragic story of murder...made in GoAnimate
- Asshole Victim: Kelvin was killed in the hallway by a stray screwdriver. However he was a horrible individual that you won't feel sad for him.
- Back to Front: Each episode is a prequel to it's predecessor. The episode will reveal what might have happened the episode before and each characters' intentions.
- Big Bad: Kelvin is revealed to have kicked off the plot at large as the story goes further back.
- Bitter Sweet Ending: Even though Large Father and Small Son burn to death, at least they burn together.
- Decoy Protagonist: Small Son actually has the shortest origin segment (get the pun?).
- Drowning My Sorrows: After getting fired, Large Father goes to a bar and orders five vodkas. This catches Kelvin's attention.
- Freudian Excuse: The reason for Small Son and Kelvin's behaviors are the deaths of their mothers. Kelvin's legitimate mother died and hates his father for having an affair with Average Sized Mother.
- Flashback Nightmare: Large father has nightmares about the war. upon revealing this to Kelvin in a bar, he is hired to murder his father.
- Hero of Another Story: Large Father and Average Sized Mother in the first two videos, whose stories wind up getting told in the later parts. Anti-Villain Villain Protagonist of another story in the former's case, really.
- Jerk Ass: Kelvin is a rude kid who hates his parents, makes rude comments to anyone, bullies Small Son. He doesn't care because his parents were dead. And he is the one to blame.
- Karmic Death: Kelvin has his own father assassinated. Only for Kelving himself to later be assassinated too, but with a screwdriver.
- Meaningful Name: Large Father is a father who is large in his son's eyes. Small Son is Large Father who is as unusually small as a toy. Average Sized Mother is reasonably smaller than her husband and larger than her son.
- Posthumous Character: Average Sized Mother, for the first two videos. In her and Large Father's videos, she's present, though.
- Stylistic Suck: This tragedy is animated in GoAnimate.
- The Sociopath: Kelvin has shades of this. He has no empathy for those around him, is rude to and bullies anyone for no reason other than his own amusement, he's willing to have anyone assinated out of spite with no guilt, and finally, he cons people (he promises large father money if he kills his father but refuses to give him any in the end).
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Who killed Kelvin?
- Another video by seinfeldspitstain known as "creation" rveeals it was Carl Wheezer.