Well, he did say that, where he comes from, Fusion Summons are common. And he was being secretive about what just that is.
- I like this theory, let's expand it a little. Sora was a student in Academy, he is from Obelisk Blue (his jacket is part of uniform, which was slightly altered with time). He is also an illegitimate son of Sho (because... hair). He also was named Sora in honor of victory over satellite SORA what almost destroyed Earth.
- Unlikely. Sora knows a lot about Synchro and Xyz summon. Those way of summoning didn't exist in GX times.
- Even less likely now, considering he's (probably) from Heartland City.
- He's presumably not from Heartland, since it is a city of Xyz Duelists; he merely targeted Heartland because of that.
- More like Dimension Traveler, but Duel Academia is shown in a recent episode as the home of Academia, the ruthless invaders who destroyed Yuto and Kurosaki's hometown Heartland City. And they're explicitly said to have trained students to be sociopathic "Duel Soldiers".
Pendulum Monsters replicate by turning other Duelists' monsters into Pendulum Monsters
Let's face it. Nobody knows exactly what Pendulum Monsters are or how they work, aside from possibly Yuya. We saw in episode 3 and 4 that other people are also able to use Pendulum Summoning, so it's not restricted to the Pendulum. Who's to say that Pendulum Monsters don't turn random monsters in their user's deck into other Pendulum Cards to make the entire thing a bit more balanced?
- If so, then Sawatari may now have Pendulum monsters of his own in his deck, if they got "infected" by Stargazer & Timegazer Magician.
- Considering he changed decks to Monarchs, I'd say no on that.
- Jossed. They're either pulled out of thin air or manufactured, just like any other card.
The Mysterious Duelist/Yuto from Episode 7 is...
- ...either Yuya's long lost brother/ half brother or an alternate-dimensional Yuya
- I'd like to think they wouldn't do a Z-One thing again
- It should be noted that Z-One wasn't actually a future Yusei. It was a completely different person that made himself look like Yusei.
- What I meant was I hope they don't do something like that again, seeing as no one liked that twist as oppose to 'evil future Yusei'
- ...a manifestation from Yuzu's subconscious that has taken a life of its own. She kept having intense heart pounding reactions to him, and her bracelet glowed around him, there's definitely some sort of connection between her and him.
- ...Yuya and Yuzu's son from a ruined future. Hence why he resembles Yuya and also is protective of Yuzu.
- And Sora is from the future to.
- And Ruri isn't Yuto's girlfriend; she's his sister.
- Actually, Ruri is Kurosaki's sister.
- Confirmed about the ruined part, "future" is unclear.
- Someone who has watched the entirety of the other four Yu-Gi-Oh! series. His Deck has at least 1 Mystical Space Typhoon, which on it's own would win practically every important Duel in the entire Franchise by killing the Heel's primary Spell/Trap card, ruining the quote-unquote "unbeatable" combos the baddies rely on.
- He also realizes (unlike Sawatari's minions) that Xyz Summoning is not some kind of Dangerous Forbidden Technique meant only for the highest level duelists, but something anyone can figure out relatively quickly, and should use if it fits their deck.
- Female, and attracted to both Yuya and Yuzu.
- That.....would be a bit hard to pull off. I'd give them props if they did....but somehow I don't think any gender shocks are in the future.
- No, no, dude, this is definitely gonna happen.
- Everyone, I have some bad news... As you all know, in the years note that Arc-V has been airing- YEARS! That Arc-V has been airing, the exact identity and gender of the Dark Duelist has been a mystery. It is a mystery no more, and I am truly saddened to reveal to you all that... this theory has been Jossed... I know that this is troubling news, but we must simply... 'breaks down crying'...
- ...planning the downfall of LDS. He took advantage of his resemblance to Yuya, who he saw on TV, and specifically targeted Sawatari due to his father being a high-ranking official in order to spark the war between You Show and LDS, confident that You Shou, especially Yuya, would win, possibly destroying the reputation of LDS. His motive is to punish LDS for keeping the strongest cards to themselves and treating them as only good enough for the elite. His ace's name hints to this (Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon), as does one translation of its summon chant containing the phrase "rebelling against the power of stupidity" (referring to LDS's overconfident elite).
- An alternate version of Yuya that came from the pendulum he wears. Something happened to Yuzu in another timeline and that along with his daddy issues drove him to being more cynical. His Dark Rebellion dragon is an Xyz version of Odd-eyes dragon.
- The 'alternate universe' idea seems to be getting more credence, as we've seen a ruined timeline where Yuto (Dark Duelist) was fighting a White Duelist on a D-Wheel, and Kurosaki (the second guy) was there too. They also mentioned a 'Ruri' and she seems missing. So Yuto is alt-Yuuya, Ruri is alt-Yuzu (which is why he is caring about her) and... we have no idea about Kurosaki.
- A cynical and heartbroken future Yuya, who witnessed Yuzu's death at the hands of the Leo Corporation. He then tore up his Pendulum and Entermate cards, broke his necklace, and disowned his father, blaming them on the grounds that if he had never Pendulum summoned, Leo would have never come after him, thus avoiding Yuzu's death. He builds a new deck and enters a strained homosexual relationship with Shun Kurosaki in order to travel to the past to try to save Yuzu. However, Kurosaki dies, and Yuya will find out that You Already Changed The Past, leading to him Jumping Off the Slippery Slope, so he goes back even further to orchestrate the Zero Reverse in Z-One's timeline, prompting Z-One, Antimony, Paradox, and Aporia to also go back in time, the four of which are stopped by Yusei. He travels back even further by thousands of years, losing his humanity and manifesting as Zorc Necrophades. After being defeated by Atem, he reincarnates himself as both Darkness and the Light of Destruction. Being defeated once again, he recollects his fragments and travels back to the creation of the universe, gathering the chaos ejected from the Astral World as they attempt to Rank-Up, and using its power to create the Barian World, claiming himself as its god, Don Thousand.
- Alternatively, he goes to the Astral World and attempts to stage a bloody uprising using the power of Chaos, but is defeated by Eliphas and Astral. The Astral World, now paranoid because of Yuya/Don Thousand's abuse of Chaos, decides to banish it entirely from their realm, making him the sole reason for the segregation of the Astral and Barian Worlds, and the strife between their denizens.
- In light of the possible connection of Marco's kidnapping with the Dark Duelist, this Troper has realized that Marco was the one specifically responsible for Yuzu's death, out of revenge for his kidnapping, which ties in to how Yuya Already Changed The Past.
- If you're still following this particular WMG, you may now be wondering "How could Marco kill Yuzu if his soul was sealed into a card?" The answer is straightforward: ... He got better.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension between Yuto/Kurosaki confirmed!
- ...a split personality of Yuya's, one where his pessimism overrides his joy, that somehow exists separately from Yuya. As both are technically Yuya, they share certain qualities, one of which being their care for Yuzu. The difference is, while Yuya thinks Yuzu can handle herself, the Dark Duelist is not willing to take that chance and puts himself in her place on the battlefield. The Dark Duelist's Perpetual Frowner persona represents an inner doubt of Yuya's that, regardless of what he tries, even his own smile may vanish forever.
- Like ZONE for Yuya. You know how ZONE traveled back in time to prevent his own dark future from happening, and he underwent plastic surgery to look like Yusei in order to drive him insane?
- I... don't think they'll reuse a plot-line...
- Not A Villain. Instead, he simply wants to start a band with Yuya/Yuma/Yusei/Judai/Yugi/Yami, and wants every character, major and minor, from the past four series as his Roadies. Personally, I think that Aki/Anna/Astral/Asuka/Otogi would make especially awesome Roadies... The instrument that the D-D wants to play? The ukulele.
- Actually Yuya himself from the present time. Either in the form of a Superpowered Dark Is Not Evil Side or that Yuya is just Obfuscating Stupidity. Before his father disappeared (thanks to the Leo Corporation), he gave Yuya another deck and instructions to Take Up My Sword.
- A wandering shipper trying to make sure Yuya and and Yuzu have the sex.
- Dude, that's even less likely than my Ukulele thing...
- His ploy is that by looking like Yuya, he deliberately fools her into thinking he is Yuya, as well as conveniently timing his exits with his entrances. Thus, he will make Yuya as badass as possible while demonstrating protectiveness towards Yuzu, thus increasing her attraction towards him.
- Furthermore, the D-Wheeler in his flashback shipped Yuzu with Masumi, and the duel between the Dark Duelist and him was actually Ship-to-Ship Combat.
- A descendant of Mizael. A dragon tamer with supernatural powers and a competent Xyz duelist. Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon has a very similar color scheme to No. 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon and uses the same roar sound effect. Additionally, he has a motorcycle riding opponent clad in white, who wields what appears to be a Light Dragon monster that uses the same roar sound effect as Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon.
- Yuzu's biological brother, who has come to look for her, and her actual name is Ruri. However, as Miami City is better than his home, he decides to stay and protect her from afar.
- A reincarnation of Yuya, sent back in time through the Pendulum to get what he needs to save the world and pass on. Basically, Yami, from the opposite side of the timeline.
- Droite and Kaito's son, from ZEXAL. I mean, he has the eyes and hair, even the damn upright hairstyle.
- A person from the real world who plays the card game and managed to somehow enter the TV show in order to make the show match the actual card game more. That MST speaks for itself.
Because she gave off a serious Ragyo Kiryuin vibe in episode 8.
Yuzu will defect over to LDS and pull a Face-Heel Turn
due to not being able to fully trust Yuya thanks to the Dark Duelist.
- It's very unlikely, but you never know.
We all know that all the Yu-Gi-Oh
protagonists have the "Yu" Syllable in their names. By this logic, ARC-V
is the first Yugioh series to have both a male and female protagonist; Yuya and Yuzu.
- It should be noted that the "Yu" in Yuya (遊) and the "Yu" in Yuzu (柚) are actually two different Japanese characters, and though they sound similar in English, they have different meanings in Japanese.
- She at least wants to be; she faced down Sawatari with every intention of beating him, and is similarly motivated to beat LDS. Time will tell how much she will get to duel, though.
- Alternatively, she'll just be the other major duelist besides Yuya; essentially the Jounouchi to his Yugi.
- In episode 8, Himika states the You Show vs. LDS duels will be 2 out of 3. Episode 9 has Yuya victorious. Episode 10's preview states that Yuzu misplays. Episode 11 states that Gongenzaka duels. In other words, Yuzu is thrust out of her duel and loses her next, after just one victory. At worst, this may be premature Chickification the likes of which happened to Aki in 5D's.
- Her bracelet glowing the way it did in Episode 7 shows that it seems to have some kind of power, though what it is hasn't been explained - just like most of the previous protagonists having some kind of magical accessory, though not in the form of a pendant or necklace in her case.
- Per ep. 18, it seems to force-teleport Yuto/Dark Duelist around. In 18, he was teleported to where the other Dark Duelist, Kurosaki, was dueling Tio from LDS. WHY it teleports him is another matter entirely.
Someone will use Ritual Monsters against LDS
It's the only summon type, bar Pendulum, the LDS do not apparently have a monopoly on. A Ritual Monster (Elemental Mistress doriado) also appeared on a advertisement, the only of the special summon type monsters to do so. Plus, Sawatari did throw Hungry Burger at Yuya as a 'trash common'.
- An upcoming foe Yuya is to duel will be using them, though her allegiance is of yet unknown.
- Mieru has now made her appearance, and has joined the protagonists.
It would certainly explain their resemblance.
- Doubtful; I think he'll use the Kaiba name in that case, just for the connotations.
- But its possible his name may have changed as time goes on.
Sora is connected to the Dark Duelist/Yuto
- Doubtful, considering they met face-to-face in episode 15 but Sora didn't recognize him at all, and vice versa.
- They still might be somehow related. Sora mentions that the Dark Duelist isn't "from around here" and he retorts the same about Sora. Where exactly they are both from might be the same, explaining their Genere Savviness.
- Confirmed. Sora is part of the enemy Fusion faction Yuto has been fighting against.
There will be a series of dragons named after the various Summons
We already have Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon and Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon.
- Considering that in a flashback, the Dark Duelist faced a white dragon wielded by an apparent D-Wheeler, we might have a X Y Synchro Dragon, considering the connection between Synchro monsters and D-Wheels. As he summons it, there is the same beam of light from which Synchro monsters emerge present, albeit without the green rings.
- Add to that Clear Wing Synchro Dragon, the above monster.
Yuya will eventually duel his father, who will use the Odd-Eyes archetype. His ace monster is "Odd-Eyes Magician", which is the monster seen with him in the intro.
It's been heavily implied that Odd-Eyes Dragon was a gift from Yusho, and for once, the protagonist's father both duels and has a different deck from the protagonist. As well, the real-life effects of Stargazer Magician and Timegazer Magician specify any "Odd-Eyes" monster and not just Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, hinting at the existence of more Odd-Eyes monsters in the future. Yuya will probably go on a journey to find his father later in the series, who somehow got abducted by the Big Bad
, and they will duel.
- OR Yusho is the true Big Bad, and they will duel to end the series!
- It'll probably be the very last duel, after the Big Bad has been defeated, similar to Yugi vs. Atem, Judai vs. Atem, Yusei vs. Jack, Yuma vs. Astral.
How Leo Duel School managed to get a monopoly on the Extra Deck:
First, these kinds of cards are rare to begin with, so it wouldn't be as hard as in real life. Then, if someone gets one, they get challenged to a duel. If they win, they get automatically enrolled into LDS, since they are good enough to qualify. If not, the card gets taken from them. If they are found before being played, then the holder may sell it to LDS; otherwise, it gets stolen. All of this is managed by a dedicated enforcement squad.
- Alternatively, LDS has managed to keep hidden the fact that duelists can pull brand new cards right out of their asses. Yaiba's "training sessions" with Gongenzaka was probably just informing him of that fact, and a few practice duels to get accustomed to the strategies for it. Same with Sora and Yuzu.
The show's setting up characters to represent the 4 summoning techniques.
Yuya obviously represents Pendulum Summoning. Sora represents Fusion, the Dark Duelist Xyz, and possibly Sawatari or Reiji (though the latter might get Pendulum, because he's The Rival
) could represent Synchro. All four would have an important role because of their summons.
- Do Ritual Monsters fit in here somehow?
Reiji will create his own Pendulum cards
Word of God
has stated that Reiji is highly intelligent, and he has shown great interest in Pendulum summoning. The manga oneshot shows him using "DD" cards, a new Pendulum archetype. The episode 13 preview
states that during Yuya and Reiji's duel, "Everyone, including Yuya, can't believe their eyes at what they see!" Looking back to Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL
, episode 13 was wherein Yuma gets curb stomped
by Kaito... and we may see a parallel here.
- Confirmed, though they do malfunction due to changing level scales.
- And the duel gets cancelled, too, for the benefit of the protagonist. Though in this case, Reiji's victory is only implied by his set card, rather than shown as imminent with Kaito's attack.
Evilswarm Monsters will be used by a future adversary.
Someone might get corrupted or the person using the Evilswarm will be connected to the Big Bad
of the season. Also, three of the Duel Terminal archetypes note
are used by characters in the series.
- Later fully confirmed: he created fully working Pendulum Monsters for Shingo.
Ms. Akaba and Shuzuo will eventually fall in love
Rather than giving us shippers a middle finger about character relationships, Yuya and Yuzu will become a couple before the series is over
The series takes place in an alternate world than the one in the previous canon, and Sora and The Dark Duelist/Yuto are both from the world of the previous series' timelines.
This would explain why they both have access to summoning types that supposedly LDS has a monopoly on, and there's been no word on whether or not Miami City is the future version of/related to any of the previous cities.
Sophia, Goddess of Rebirth will appear in the series
This series already has all 4 summoning types (Sophia requires a Ritual, Fusion, Synchro and Xyz Monster as Tribute to Special Summon) required to summon her card. All 4 have been proven to at least, exist in this series.
There will be a Syncho user who is a descendant of Yusei and Aki.
This series has done things a little differently from previous series. I'm hoping a significant appearance by previous protagonists or their descendants is yet another of those things they are doing different.
Yuzu's bracelet will...
- Grant her Pendulum Monsters.
- Seeing how it glowed and when Yuya's Pendant glowed, it granted him Pendulum Monsters. It will grant her the Monsters when she has a realization about Yuya and The Dark Duelist.
- Grant her Xyz Monsters.
- Alternatively, the bracelet resembles the Overlay Units of an Xyz Monster. So instead of Pendulum, it will grant her Xyz Monsters.
- (going of of this and another theory) It was SUPPOSED too until the time traveling Sora interfered and made her want to Fusion summon, thus removing some future he didn't want to happen.
- Give her a MASSIVE lady-crush on Aki's tight ass.
- Sora did give her Polymerization, but anything else remains to be seen
- It does seem to be related to the Dark Duelist. Because it glows a second time in his presence, allowing him to escape from Masumi and Sora.
- It force-teleports him when it glows (note how he was just GONE when it happened the first time, and in 18 it happens and then he's like 'Uh, where am I?')
- Make a Heel-Face Turn and join You Show as a protagonist.
- End up being plot relevant in some way.
- Somewhat confirmed in that she decided to find Professor Marco when he went missing. Which will likely put her into conflict with the Dark Duelist.
- Confirmed in that she did interact briefly with the Dark Duelist, though he was able to escape.
- Somewhat more confirmed thanks to her duels with Kurosaki and Yuzu.
The Dark Duelist/Yuto had something to do with whatever happened off-screen that required Reiji to cancel his duel with Yuya.
- Confirmed. The Dark Duelist attacked Fusion Professor, Marco.
- Not quite confirmed yet. It might have been Shun Kurosaki, a new character who is said to know the Dark Duelist and to have attacked LDS.
- A flashback shows the Dark Duelist and Kurosaki apparently working together, and Kurosaki is shown to be able to seal souls into cards, which is shown to the fate of Marco as well as one of the main investigators in Marco's disappearance. Additionally, the claw marks Kurosaki's monster makes are identical to the ones that were at the site of Marco's disappearance. So while the Dark Duelist is not directly responsible for the attack, he's involved in some way.
- Jossed-ish. It was in fact Kurosaki who attacked Marco.
Yuzu will get her duel with Sawatari in the future.
Reiji's true ace will be an Expy of Blue-Eyes White Dragon
If it fits in with his DD/DDD archetype, it might even be a DDDD (Different Dimension Daemon Dragon).
- All of his DDD monsters except for the last one are named after famous historical conquerors. Maybe the last one will be named Kaiba?
- Reiji's ace and ARC-V's Blue-Eyes White Dragon Expy seems to be Hell Armageddon. He even has three copies of it, just like Kaiba owned three Blue-Eyes.
- He might pull a Manjoume and switch up his aces. Arc-V may well keep in line with the recurrence of aristocratic rivals using 3000 ATK dragons. Alternatively, the Dark Duelist may upgrade/rank up(!?) Dark Rebellion into a form that has 3000 original ATK.
- Of the four DDD monsters, Hell Armageddon is the odd one out. It's the only one not named after a historical figure, the only one not associated with a classical element, and the only one without a humanoid appearance. It also has a purely defensive effect. Reiji will probably replace it when Leo Corp improves it's ability to manufacture Pendulum Monsters.
Yuya runs 2 or 3 copies of Timegazer, Stargazer, and Odd-Eyes
- It may never show up, all 3 of them at once, but there is no way he's lucky enough to continually draw those same three every duel. It makes sense with Yusei always getting Stardust or Yuma always getting Utopia, but those are extra deck monsters that don't require specific monsters.
- all of Yuya's Pendulum monsters are unique magically altered versions of non-Pendulum monsters Yuya already owned, he hasn't summoned non-Pendulum versions of any of those three since they were made Pendulum monster (suggesting that all his copies of each were changed at that time ), and he acted like he couldn't Pendulum summon after Timegazer and Stargazer were stolen by Sawatari (meaning he didn't have any Pendulum monsters other than one copy each of those two and Odd eyes) all of that adds up to Yuya only owning one of each and just being that lucky (unless he bought two new copies of each off-screen after his duel with Sawatari and they immediately became Pendulum monsters.)
- That makes sense. As said previously, When he dueled Sawatari, Odd-Eyes, Stargazer & Timegazer were the only three Pendulum Monsters he had. Then, during his next duel, some of his Entermate Monsters were Pendulum Monsters without any explaination; that probably means he now knows how to make at least some of his monsters Pendulum now. And it would be nice if we had a protagonist that is good enough at deck building to have multiple copies of a card they need.
- For what it's worth, when Yuya spreads out his cards in episode 16, he only had one copy of each. It's common deck-building practice to place duplicate cards atop each other or otherwise adjacent, and the fact he did not do this suggests that he may indeed only have one of each.
Sawatari will get Pendulum/Xyz/Synchro/Etc Monsters
He has that necklace of his, although it hasn't glowed like Yuya's pendulum or Yuzu's bracelet. He'll probably get something in relation to what Yuzu gets, if anything. (I'm still considering the chance that her bracelet glowed because it detected the Dark Duelis, or some shit like that.)
- He may get Ritual Monsters. He has previously shown a preference towards main deck monsters, including having a Monarch deck (where all of their new support has the drawback of not using your extra deck).
- Confirmed, he gets Pendulum monsters. Though his necklace had nothing to do with it, as far as we can tell.
The Dark Duelist/Yuto, will, at some point, get cornered in a duel where nobody thinks he can win...
- ... Only to topdeck Mystical Space Typhoon and use it to destroy a Spell/Trap (or even Pendulum!) card that was integral to his opponent's combo, allowing him to secure victory.
- Yuto and Michio both enter the tournament. They face each other. Yuto uses MST on Food Cemetery. Michio cries, his strategy totally ruined.
- Oh for the love of God in heaven! When will these Mystical Space Typhoon guesses end?!
- Never, because an anime character simply using the card is an instant level in Badass.
- Did it make Shark from ZEXAL more badass because he used it once? Just asking not arguing.
- Yes, it certainly helped enforce his badassery (Face Heel Revolving Door tendencies aside).
Yuzu was supposed to get Xyz, but Sora changed that
Her bracelet has been compared to Overlay Units, she has a connection towards the Xyz-using Dark Duelist, and her a few of her cards can special summon other monsters out to her field. The show was purposely trying to get viewers to assume that she'll get Xyz, so they could subvert it with Fusion.
And it we go by the theory that Sora is a time traveler: the reason why he was so hesitant to teach her was because he knew that she was destined to use Xyz in the future. He's teaching her Fusion so she can get stronger, because in the future, she's likely saving the world ala every main character (that duels) ever in the franchise.
- It is not impossible she can do both.
In Sora's timeline, Yuya and Yuzu were at the center of a 'Dueling Revolution', brought about by their shared mastery of all known summoning mechanics and as such, viewed as their generation's Yugi Muto
. Hence his extensive knowledge of Duel Monsters: His parents are ones who re-discover it, so of course their child would know.
Under the pressure of the King and Queen of Games
and being in the pro-leagues, one thing led to another, and the little guy was a teenage pregnancy. His hair-color and eye-color supports it
(have a chart for ease of reading):
Yuya: Green (and red) Hair - Red Eyes | Yuzu: Red Hair - Blue Eyes | Sora: Blue Hair - Green Eyes
He was sent back in time to preserve their timeline
; what would happen if he doesn't is unknown, but the possibilities are largely narrowed down to (A) harmless alterations of history or (B) a Reality-Breaking Paradox
So, as shown in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds
, the planet itself seems to have an issue with Synchro Monsters. And, at some point in the future, the Meklord Emporers will arise, during a time when Duel Disks are made of hard light. This will be very bad for humanity. The Genocide was seemingly averted when Yusei and friends were told about it, but it may still occur as long as people use Synchro Monsters.
- Ehhh, doubtful.
- Or they will try to destroy humanity and fail because they were not prepared for a world where Xyz and Fusion monsters are used just as often as Synchro monsters.
- It's not Synchro monsters that are problematic, the problem arises from when people use Synchro summoning for selfish or destructive ends. Momentum is basically Life Energy that can be influenced by Synchro summoning. When people Synchro summon with selfish emotions and desires, this negatively charges the Momentum, which in Z-One's timeline caused it to become uncontrollable and spawn the Machine Emperors and ultimately explode outright. Yusei designed a program known as Fortune to monitor the Momentum to prevent control loss. Thus, barring a Failsafe Failure coupled with ObstructiveBureaucrats, the possibility of a Zero Reverse or creation of Machine Emperors is nil. Again, Synchro monsters themselves aren't bad; it's the combination of negative emotion + Momentum + Synchro summons. We don't even know that the Duel Disk/Action Duel systems even operate on Momentum.
LDS is the reason we haven't seen anything about Yugi, Judai, Yusei, Yuma or their pals in a while
- I doubt that: Look at it like this.
- Duel Monsters (1996) - GX (2006) - 5D's (2026) - ZEXAL (2036) - ARC-V (2046). The point of all this? Simply that most of the previous series characters are now considerably older than last time we saw them by Arc-V: There's been too much time, and while it would be a novelty, this troper has his doubts that a sixty-something Joey Wheeler or a fifty-something Asuka Tenjouin would appear.
- So, Reji didn't organize their murders?
- While DM, GX, and 5D's are set in the same universe, we don't know if ZEXAL and ARC-V are as well.
- I'd say 5D's is at least 50 years past GX. Kaiba Corp. still exists, but there's no mention of either Seto or Mokuba.
- Actually, I think we can safely assume that the GX-5D's timeskip was 20 years, give or take a few; Tetsu Ushio was still alive by the time of 5D's, and given how he appears or is alluded to in both DM (the Penalty Game) and GX (Trueman's list), it can be put down as canon fairly conclusively.
- Wasn't he a descendant, rather than the original character, though?
- I believe that he was hinted by that anniversary guide book and the Duel Terminal game be Yugi's contemporary.
- Bonds Beyond Time suggested otherwise. That or he's a lot Older Than He Looks. Whether or not it's the same Ushio in DM and 5D's is a WMG in and of itself. If the timeskip is only about 20 years or so, that spawns a whole lot of WMGs about the other characters... unless they were all killed in the Zero Reverse...
- Correction: The above timeline does not account for elapsed time within each series. The correct timeline is DM: 1996-1998, GX: 2008-2010, 5D's: 2030-2031, ZEXAL: 2041-2042, placing ARC-V's beginning in 2052.
- I'll admit to be proven wrong in regards to the YGO-verse timeline; however, the 2052 estimate really just proves my point further.
Core (Yuya's cat) is...
- Actually an embodiment of the spirit of Odd-Eyes! As How to Train Your Dragon taught us, dragons are giant fire-breathing cats. The fact that Core also has heterochromia iridium is irrefutable evidence of this fact!
- Core will grant Yuya a fusion card to summon the newly leaked Beast-Eyes Pendulum Dragon.
- ... After he returns Yuzu's Polymerization to her.
Reji and either the Dark Duelist/Yuto or Kurosaki will duel for the duel at the end of the first arc
- Jossed, despite the setup suggesting it.
Yuzu will enter the Junior Youth Championship and debut a fusion monster
- This... actually sounds plausible.
- What!? I believe WMG's should be somewhat reasonable.
- Confirmed, though she failed to summon it initially because she incorrectly placed in her Main Deck.
- Maestrin Schubert and Bloom Diva.
ARC-V will retcon the endings of Duel Monsters, GX, 5D's and ZEXAL
It will be revealed that some of the vampires from GX
survived the vampire genocide, and sticked around in the background, only emerging infrequently to turn certain individuals. note
They walk amongst humanity still, and reign over the YGO-verse equivalent of Denmark with iron fists.
A Wyrm user will appear in the show at some point
Wyrm's not only work well with Synchro and Xyz monsters, but they are a new type, like Psychic in 5D's. And as we saw, Psychic types got a major focus as the monsters of Divine/Sayer's choice.
- Probably. It'd be cool if he/she were like, Yuya's Synchro Summon mentor or something like that.
- My money's on Yugo using Yang Zings.
- Though people are predicting that he'll use a monster called X Y Synchro Dragon.
- If Yuto and Yuya are anything to go by, he'll use High Speed Roids with Clear Wing Synchro Dragon as his ace monster.
- It's Yu-Gi-Oh!, so here's another reasonable WMG. The Rival invariably is befriended by The Hero or at least tones down in the Jerkass quotient.
- Seems to have done this ALREADY.
- He's probably not done with his questionable methodology, but he at least has much more respect for The Hero as opposed to previous Rivals such as Kaiba or Kaito.
On Pendulum Monsters....
Pendulum Monsters can only be truly created by Yuya's Pendulum. This pendulum, a gift from his father, is an artifact that opposes the grand goal of LDS in a magical sort of way, and part of the way it does so is creating Pendulum Monsters. Without contact with the Pendulum, you cannot create true Pendulum Monsters, hence Reji's monsters malfunctioning slash looking, well odd and unnatural.
If conflict starts between the LDS and You Show Duel Schools, Pendulum Monsters will be the main weapon used by the students to protect themselves. This will mean that the Pendulum will give the other students Pendulum Monsters.
Jossed. It took a lot of R&D, but Reiji eventually made working ones.
Sora is evil
Sora is actually an agent of the big bad behind the big bad.
- Confirmed. He is evil, though how he fits into their ranks is unknown.
Yuya will Synchro Summon
The rings, to me at least, feel as though they suit him. Plus, Synchro is the least used summoning method yet, only be used by two duelists so far, while Fusion has been used by 3 and Xyz by 4. Considering his aversion to Sora and the amount of problems Xyz summons brought him, it is the logical call
- If there is a monster that is both a Tuner and a Pendulum, then that would mean free infinite Synchro summons (as everything needed for it would go back to the extra deck, letting you do it again). Alternately, Yuya will get a level 8 Synchro Monster that needs Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon as a material.
- And it will be called Chaos Shooting Odd-Eyes Ultimate Beyond the Pendulum Quasar Synchro Dragon Victory and it will have the most broken effect ever.
- That sounds like a fast lane to the ban/limited list, but cool. (And C.S.OE.U.B.P.Q.S.D.V guy, let's try to be realistic here)
- I for one propose "Future Imaginary Chaos Numbers -∞ 0 ∞: Elemental Masked Vision Destiny Contrast Neo-Space Black and White Magician Girl Hero Soldier King of Darkness and Light Wishes VWXYZ Jet Catapult Cannon Tank Formula Silent Honors Blue-Red-Galaxy-Odd-Eyes Shooting Ultimate Armed Shining Ancient Power Life Abyss Prime Cyber Chimeratech Ojama Ultimate Spirit Titan Photon Tachyon Storm Judge Burning Gagaga Gogogo Dododo Zubaba Over Fortress Etheric Flame Ninja Wing Tech Genus Comet Quasar Noble Sin Earthbound Sky Puppet Sphere Atlantal Killer Medallion Savior Machine Emperor Yubel Armityle Obelisk Osiris Ra Horakthy Zushin Numerronia Holy and Unholy Sacred Wicked Funerary Temporal Blade Metal Crystal Shark Rainbow God Beast Strings Macchu Mech Disaster Caestus Sandayu Stardust Daemons Rose Fairy Tool Stream Feather Resonator Fortune Synchron Junk Different Dimension Rebellion Entermate Infernity Oreichalcos Splash Ragna Hand Umbral Lightning Ragna Masquerade Attack Top Carrier Guard Core Supra Gluon Heart-eartH Coat of Arms Mist Knuckler Tanuki Polar Pegasus Devil Delusion Gunner Beyond the Victory Roots Ray Dyson Gimmick Superheavy Samurai OOPArts New Orders Lion Roid Gadget Vice Master Legendary Ark Halberd Leviathan Fantasia Hope MAXXX the Lady Dragon Knight Ruler, Envoy of the Beginning, Twilight, and End of Heaven, Earth, and Hell LV12/Buster."
- ... I think I had this for lunch once.
- ... Somewhat more reasonably, there may be a level 1 Pendulum Tuner monster that can only be used as a material for an Odd-Eyes Syncrho Monster. And there will be multiple Odd-Eyes synchro monsters, all requiring Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon as a material (and all being level 8). That would mitigate the problem of a Pendulum Tuner. Finally, they would all have effects tha would destroy themselves at the end of the opponent's turn, forcing Yuya to go back to the base form each turn.
- Problem, Level 1 monsters cannot be Pendulum Summoned. They have to be in between a scale, and there are no scale 0 monsters.
- At the very least, it seems that Yuya will Fusion Summon, if Beast-Eyes is anything to go by.
- Or that means it will be used in a Tag Duel that Yuya fights in.
More duelists with older but popular archtypes will appear
Like the LDS rep trio and Mobius Sawatari, there will be more duelists using old archtypes. Wind-Up, Hero and Scrap being my personal guess
- There could be a Geargia user, who will be a Sho Expy. Much like the Roids, Geargias look like toys, but they don't need the Magic Poker Equation to be a threat.
- Geargigant X does make a cameo in Yuto's flashback of Heartland City, though anything else remains to be seen.
The Yu has power
Think about it. Yuya, Yusho, Yuzu, Yuto (The Dark Duelist), Yugo......It's like The middle D in Luffy's, Ace's and other's names
Yuzu is adopted
When Yuzu questions her father about her bracelet, he says that she's always had it; she says that makes no sense, what baby is born with a bracelet on their wrist, and while Shuzou admits that that's true, he still doesn't answer the question. During all this, Yuzu's mother is nowhere to be found. Therefore, Shuzou found Yuzu when she was a little baby and she already had her bracelet at that time, thus explaining Shuzou's answer on where the bracelet came from.
The Mysterious D-Wheeler/Yugo is...
- Someone who deliberately orchestrated an isolated Zero Reverse incident to destroy Heartland City.
- and he is a hero for precluding any possible suffering of Yuma's dub voice.
- That, or that's what caused him to be Driven to Villainy and vengeful, which makes him a reasonably sympathetic Anti-Villain.
- Going to show up in the main.....timeline? Dimension? Whatever it ends up being as one of the main antagonists.
- A user of both Synchro and Fusion monsters.
An older Yuma
or a descendant of his will make a cameo at some point.
During the "final boss duel" Yuya will use all 5 dragons (if the rumors are true, Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum) and at some point all of them will be on his field at once.
Yuya will become the strongest protagonist yet
He already has a 'Beast-Eyes Pendulum Dragon' fusion monster in the waiting (If the Shohen Jump promo is any indication), whose to say that he won't find himself with more upgraded forms for a Synchro and Xyz Pendulum Dragon.
- It will take a lot to top the likes of the Egyptian Gods and Shooting Quasar Dragon, though.
- Being able to match Reji and use all summoning methods might be a good step towards it.
- Rune-Eyes Pendulum Dragon has appeared. Beast-Eyes has appeared afterward.
- Hard. Even 'though the deck would be terrible in real life, Atem is the only protagonist to have the ability to pull the card he needs when he wants to, and is the only one to have that as a canon ability. Something said in the last episodes, if i remember it right (Other protagonists do it, but it's mostly done by the script in a forced manner. With the exception of Yuma's transformation. But that is limited to a selected group of cards.)
The incredibly lame-ass dub names will be...
- Yuzu Hiragi - Susie Harrison
- Reiji Akaba - Ronald Akers
- It's confirmed to be Declan.
- If Reiji is Declan, will his father and brother be renamed too? Desmond and Denzel, or something like that.
- Sora Shiun'in - Sunny Sheldon
- Most likely Sky or Skylar
- Noburo Gongenzaka - Gerald Norris
- Bob Gerald
- It's confirmed to be Gong!
- Shingo Sawatari - Soren Smith
- Himika Akaba - Helen Akers
- Masumi Kotsu - Julie Belle
- Hokuto Shijima - Astro North
- Yaiba Todo - Blade Torrence
- Shuzou Hiragi - Samuel Harrison
- Ruri - Lily
- Shun Kurosaki - Sean/Shawn Blackhawk
- Yugo - Fyuse
- Do we need to assume the worst? They only slightly changed the names of several 5D's characters (and some for the better if you ask me) and if the Yu in Yuzu's name is significant, they might try to keep it in. It's too early to say though. So we will see.
- Yes, because this troper is The Cynic. And 5D's had a lot of English or otherwise non-Japanese names, like Jack Atlas, Crow Hogan, Rex Goodwin, etc. Aki's name change was stupid, several others were just blatant Americanization. Even Duel Monsters and GX had a field day with Americanization, and as for ZEXAL... Reginald Kastle. Enough said, really.
- Or Adrian Gecko (lampshaded by Manjoume/Chazz). Or Anna Kaboom.
- This troper sees "Soren" as an improvement over "Shingo".
- This troper was too tired to come up with another S-name that was noticeably Americanized at the time.
- He's always called by his last name, anyway.
- If you ask me, the names of Yuzu, Sora and Reiji are probably safe from being altered too badly: the others have a decent chance of being altered though.
- Actually this troper would like to point out that in the last few years unless your name is overly Japanese, the Dub names are... reasonable. Main character stays the same, the main female tends to have a similar name (Yuzu is difficult to work with mind you), the main rival will have their names unchanged (Kite. Kaito is the pronunciation people. And technically Shark, no-one calls him Reginald/Ryoga aside from his sister.) If you jave an English Name you're pretty much safe (Jack Atlas.) and most other characters either get sorted with similar names (Luka and Lua become Leo and Luna. Easier for kids to remember,) have their names almost unchanged (Kat,) or have it changed to something fitting (Flip). If one wants to argue on the details Bronk Stone is a name word linked with stone/metal family name (Tetsuo is Iron)... and don't ask me why they changed Takashi/Caswell. From one relatively standard name to another.
- It doesn't really make sense in the case of explicitly Japanese characters who live in Japan itself. Granted, changing the names does make more sense in the case that the dubbing company caters the show towards kids, unlike the original demographic.
- And what was the reason to change the names of Johan Andersen (Jesse Anderson) or Austin O'Brien (Axel Brodie)?
- Apparently, even Johan and Austin too exotic for North American viewers. Too European, maybe.
- But they always call O'Brien by his last name, anyway.
- Troper who posted the text block above here. Johan, Austin and Declan all fall under the Caswell argument. That is, the argument of stupefying me. Although I would like to note that Gong is continuing another dub name tradition, shortened, similar sounding, names. Jounouchi becoming Joey. Jou-ee.
Reiji's true motivation behind the Leo Corporation's actions is...
- To prevent children's trading cards from destroying the world. He has watched the previous Yu-Gi-Oh! series, and has realized that such card games are extremely dangerous, what with all the Shadow Games, gods, demons, cosmic powers, Zero Reverses, and even aliens involved with them. So, by monopolizing Duel Monsters using the Leo Corporation, he can minimize threats to society. Furthermore, by assimilating all Duel Schools under LDS, he can easily identify Duelists capable of wielding powerful cards, so that he can appoint them to be safekeepers of such cards and guardians of society. He will eventually explain his plans to Yuya, offering him a prestigious position in LDS as well as appointing him to be the guardian of powerful Pendulum Cards, however Yuya will refuse and turn the whole thing into an Aesop about individual choices and free will prompting Reiji to Heel-Face Turn and rectify his actions.
- Considering his comments about the "Lancers Selection," this may have some truth to it.
The LDS Duelist trio will return during the Junior Youth Tournament as direct opponents
Yuya will end up dueling at least one of the two he didn't duel before: either Yaiba or Masumi.
- Jossed for Masumi. She lost to Yuzu.
A new Crossover with the other series will soon debut.
Reiji got his DDD cards at a cost of his soul, which he eventually has to pay
His DDD cards reflect his character already (see Fridge page) the Covenant cards do not reflect him yet. With this in mind, it is possible that he got his Deck from some unknown party that requires him to pay (whether he knows it or not). The "Pay 1000 LP each of your Standby Phase" part of the Covenants could reflect at the cards eating away at his soul slowly. Alternatively, the cards eat away at his sanity and mind, which is why he was laughing maniacally even though he is a Stoic type of character.
- Additionally, they're the cause of his megalomaniacal desire to monopolize Duel Monsters, thus he is Slowly Slipping Into Evil. Eventually, Yuya will save him, resulting in his obligatory Heel-Face Turn.
Yuya will eventually get an upgraded, 3-headed Dragon called something along the lines of "Odd-Eyes Ultimate Dragon."
His ace follows the X-Eyes Y Dragon naming format that eventually got powerful, upgraded forms (in more famous cases with Kaiba and Kite). This will be Yuya's Ace Monsters Final and most powerful form (Essentially his equivalent of Shooting Quasar Dragon or Beyond the Hope).
- Considering that Ritual Monsters are the only monster type other than Pendulum without a 3-headed dragon, this is fairly likely.
was built for this.
At some point, there will be a three-way duel between Yuya, Yuto and Yugo to decide who the main character of the show should be.
It will turn out that Yuto and Yugo both want to be the main characters of the show, and of course, Yuya would have to defend his main character position. Yuzu may or may not get in on it too.
- Probably nothing so meta, but I do support a three way duel between those three.
- But if this duel happens and someone makes an Abridged Series of Arc-V then the abridged version will probably be to decide the main character.
- W Hile not to decide the main character...it appears that it might actually be happening.
Yuto's deck is...
Based around the "Dark Rebellion" archetype, which has synergy with "Phantom" Magic cards. For example, one "Dark Rebellion" monster may allow him to send a "Phantom" Magic card from his deck to the graveyard, allowing use of the sent card's effect, to perform a search, while another may allow banished "Phantom" Magic cards to be activated onto the field, adding a recycling aspect. Additionally, he will obtain "Rank-Up-Magic Phantom Force" to evolve his ace. "Dark Rebellion Chaos Dragon" could be a likely name.
- Jossed. His deck is more like Yuya's, focusing on the Phantom Knights monsters, but with "Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon" as the ace.
Yugo will eventually Accel Synchro
To keep up with other characters' evolving aces, he must discover Clear Mind. Masaaki Endoh may assist with this
- Given that Kurosaki, the Xyz user, used Rank-Up Xyz Evolution, this is actually quite likely.
- If the name Clear Wing Synchro Dragon is any indication.
Each universe's/time period's counterparts only have similar faces
- The thing that disturbs Yuzu the most about Yuto is the fact that he looks like Yuya ... by his face. While he was masked, she saw no similarity to Yuya. Similarly, Kurosaki only starts thinking of Yuzu as Ruri after he sees her face. Neither her hairstyle nor voice reminded him of Ruri. Yuto realizes this fact, although he doesn't know that he has his own lookalike. However, it seems as though people can't distinguish them by all their other features that are different. The recent magazine reveals seem to confirm that Yugo has the face face as Yuya and Yuto.
- Kurosaki and Reiji are counterparts. Both of their faces are somewhat elongated compared to other characters, and they have taller statures.
Yuto wants to mold Yuzu into his Ruri
- Even though Yuto recognizes that Yuzu isn't Ruri, he initially takes the Polymerization card from her because he wants her to use Xyz like Ruri (possibly) did. He wants her to be a replacement for Ruri, even if he knows that they're not the same person.
- He didn't actually take the Polymerization. He seems to have dropped it or put it back, since Yuya picks it up at the end of the episode, it having been missed when he put Yuzu's deck back in her duel disk for her.
- Sora gave her two copies (if not three). We see a second copy as she looks through her deck in episode 18.
- On the flip side, he said it didn't "suit her" because Ruri used it, and something happened to her as a result.
- From what I saw so far, while Yuto does seem to be stalking her, I don't think he'd go that far. Mr. Shun 'I will steal people's souls' Kurosaki, on the other hand.....
- Jossed. He mentioned Fusion as being their enemies' summon, but he's glad to see that she is using it to protect her own friends and secure her own future. He's actively trying to rescue Ruri from, according to Kurosaki, the captivity of Leo Akaba.
Arc-V stands for Arc of Five, namely, the five who bear the "Yu" Sound in their name.
There are multiple versions/counterparts of Odd-Eyes
Yuya has Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon. Yuto has Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon. Yugo's Synchro monster might be "(X) Synchro Dragon". So maybe there will a "Fusion Dragon", a "Ritual Dragon" and maybe even a "Normal Dragon". And Yuya will get all of them. It wouldn't be surprising if even a "Tuner Dragon", "Toon Dragon", "Union Dragon" and "Spirit Dragon" will appear, but I doubt that.
- Oddly enough, Beast-Eyes Pendulum Dragon retains the "Pendulum" despite being an EARTH Fusion version of Odd-Eyes.
- Clear Wing Synchro Dragon.
Yuya will travel through time and will meet the other protagonists
Pendulum Summon is a hint that something like time travel might exist. Also, his pendant is basically a pendulum.
Shun Kurosaki is Haruto Tenjo
Both have psychic abilities. Eyes and hair same color. Xyz monsters and this city ◊
- As much as I'd like to jump on this one, Haruto's hair is much lighter in coloration, and his supernatural powers disappeared after he was released from Vector's Demonic Possession. He's also really not the angry, bitter type, unless Kaito died. But in that case, he probably would be using Galaxy/Photon as opposed to Raid Raptors. On the other hand, a small part of this troper would be perfectly okay with him suddenly summoning any of the Galaxy-Eyes, Continuity Snarl aside.
- Well, Kaito did have a heart condition.
- That was a result of overuse of Photon Change when hunting Numbers. Haruto was the one with Soap Opera Disease, but apparently Demonic Possession and then being relieved of it cured him.
- The only "Eyes" dragon to not get a three headed version was Red-Eyes, other than that, Galaxy-Eyes and Blue-Eyes all have one. It only makes sense to me.
- Someone already WMG'd the same thing above.
Yuzu will at some point try to track down Yuto while leaving her bracelet at home/with another character to see if she can get any answers without being interrupted that way.
Yuya and Reiji's duel in the One-Shot Manga will be recreated in the Anime
- Maybe as their final duel together (though maybe not the last duel in the series).
Yuzu will be disqualified from the Junior Youth Championship
- For using a 39 card deck, as a result of her not realizing Yuya took one of her Polymerizations. Thus, a whole clusterfuck of events is set off which could have been easily avoided if the writers were not so hellbent on screwing over the female characters.
- Can we just assume for a moment the writers are not that bad. 5D's issues with Aki were not as much their fault as the guys in change saying 'Blackwings are selling like ramen at a Naruto convention, make Crow a major character'. Plus deck counts aren't really something that comes up in the show outside of Battle City's final and duels with deck out strategies.
- The writers have a repeated tendency to shaft the supporting cast, but the females generally have it worse than the males, Executive Meddling aside. The last 20 or so episodes of ZEXAL, despite being a decent series up until then, went to crap because of the poor execution of the plot and undramatic slaughter of nearly the entire supporting cast. Granted, the duels were great, and even some of the character development was decent as well, but it was largely disappointing. Rio gets hit especially hard by this, even before the arc starts. Anna and Droite also are subject to this. Furthermore, even if they wanted to promote Crow to the forefront in the case of the 5D's anime, they didn't have to in a manner that completely and absolutely undermined Aki's role in Team 5D's. And the 40-60 card deck rule has been long established in the OCG/TCG. It's not unrealistic to assume that this would carry over to the anime.
- In episode 22, she's seen looking for her card back at the docks, so she's aware of losing it. Plus, in episode 23's preview Yuya realizes he put Polymerization in his deck by accident and realizes his mistake. So chances of her card being returned are high. Plus, she should have extra cards. What replaces her field spell cards (When her cards were dropped, "Sanctuary in the Sky" can be seen. Action Duels require a a special Field for players to move around and actually use action cards) when she's in an Action Duel?
- This troper doesn't understand Japanese, so it was assumed she was looking for Yuto or something like that. And the reason she had Sanctuary in the Sky was because she wasn't dueling in Action Fields— she was purposefully avoiding You Show Duel School in favor of training at the docks with Sora. Granted, this WMG came about on the basis that she'd be too shaken up by her repeated incursions with Yuto to realize her deck was below the limit when building it for the tournament.
- Considering she was looking for the card in episode 22, I'd say there's a good chance she won't be kicked out for a lack of cards. She'd aware of it, and likely can just substitute something else in, like a Mystical Space Typhoon as some people on this page fanboy.
- Jossed. Yuya returns her card after his duel with Mieru. So there's no problem.
Yuya and Yuto cannot meet each other because they are the same person from alternate dimensions
In some science fictions, meeting your other self is impossible. If this happens, there will be a catastrophe, and the bracelet is made to prevent this.
- What would occur would result in a massive paradox causing ARC-V to go from a Shounen anime to a Boys Love anime.
- Well, that one almost happened...
- Or it ends up like the last Scooby Doo program, with reality resetting to the starting series, or something like that.
- Jossed. Yuya is forewarned about Yuto's appearance and appropriately weirded out, but Yuto barely reacts at all.
Yuya's best monster card will be a high level Pendulum monster that is hard to summon.
Possibly a monster with at least 10 levels, probably even 12, making it really hard to summon it. Also, it is likely that this card can only be Pendulum Summoned.
Hokuto will teach Yuya how to Xyz Summon
Yuzu asked Sora, Gongenzaka asked Yaiba. It actually makes sense. It is also the first or second step to master all kinds of Summoning.
Sawatari will use a low-level deck as his final deck
As a homage to Manjoume, Sawatari will realize that expensive, rare and high-level monsters are not always the best. Using an underrated, but strong deck would also give him massive character development. And which kind of low-level deck would fit? My choice would be Wight. Underrated, but really powerful.
- Dustons could be a similar alternative.
- Seems to be confirmed as of his most recent duel, using, believe it or not, a deck with actually a decent play in the meta, Yosenju. Furthermore, the deck only has one high level monster, Daibek, and his standard strategy is to summon the three level four monsters and make use of their card effects. As for the character development, he goes from being an actual Heel to simply playing the Heel/Face in his duel against Yuya, and becomes a Graceful Loser after his defeat.
Kurosaki's LDS hit list:
- Next is Masumi, whom he will encounter separate from Yuzu, and Yuto will be too busy stalking Yuzu to restrain him.
- Hokuto and Yaiba, in no particular order, will follow because they'd notice Masumi's absence. Alternatively, they may try to 3v1 him and still become subject to The Worf Effect.
- Confirmed, since he does duel them in episode 24.
- And smashes all 3 into dust on his second turn, which he starts off with no hand, no field, and 10 LP. Also Yuto was with Yuzu elsewhere at the time.
- Very eventually will be Reiji Akaba.
- Kurosaki encounters Reiji, but whether or not the duel will commence immediately is unclear.
- It doesn't, Kurosaki instead becomes an Enemy Mine for Reiji, at least for the Tournament Arc.
Yuya's great injury will not by Physical....
Instead, his use of the Polymerization Card in episode 23 will cause Yuzu and his friendship to utterly collapse.
- The Polymerization card is out, as Yuya returned it. Though the friendship collapsing can still happen.
Somewhat related to the previous WMG, Yuya will duel against a Prophecy duelist
Who will be the Bigger Bad
of the show and utterly crush him physically and mentally. Yuya's fortune was foretold via Tarot Cards, something that the Prophecy/Spellbook archetype is based off of. And coming off of the previous WMG, this Bigger Bad
will not only defeat Yuya, but will do so after destroying his friends and family, breaking Yuya's spirit before defeating him in a duel.
- Yuu Sakuragi is a Prophecy duelist, but he's a LDS student and seems to a nice student so far. Sakuragi is in the Youth Championship, so he won'r face Yuya in the Junior Youth Championship. The only way they could face each other in the Maiami Championship is that both of them win their respective tournaments and then they have to duel each other to determine the true MCS champion. Coincidently, Sakuragi was the last JYC winner, so he has a chance to win the YC.
An antagonist will use a Qliphort deck
The Qliphort archetype is probably the strongest Pendulum archetype, so it could be used by the Big Bad
- That would be epic! According to art, Qliphorts are freaking huge. There should be a city-sized action field for that things.
The future Five-Bad Band
, if there are at least five antagonists, will use decks specialized in the five different summoning methods. Alternatively, six.
If there are six, they will use Tribute, Fusion, Ritual, Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum Summonings. If they don't introduce new archetypes (which probably gonna happen) they gonna use "evil" archetypes. For example, Steelswarm for Tribute, Shaddoll for Fusion, Gishki for Ritual, Fabled for Synchro, Evilswarm for Xyz, and Qliphort for Pendulum.
- If any will be subject to a Heel-Face Turn, it will be the Gishki user. Or, if they all eventually join the heroes' side, the Gishki user will be the first to do so.
Yuya has a split personality linked to his pendulum and/or the pendulum cards
The first time he ever Pendulum Summons and beats Strong Ishijima, he looks like suddenly coming to his senses at the end of the duel and was very confused about what just happened; like he wasn't himself while doing the combo. Later in episode 23, he feels crushed after drawing Polymerization because he didn't have any fusion monsters in his extra deck, but then seems to heard
Rune-Eyes Pendulum Dragon and his attitude absolutely changes. When the duel ended he was again a little confused.
In Kurosaki's duel with the LDS trio.
- The duel will be interrupted before it can end, or if they lose they will be saved by Yuto first.
- One of the boys, mostly likely Hokuto since he's done less than the other two, will undergo a Heroic Sacrifice to save his friends.
- Both Jossed, he One Turn Kills all three of them with his ace, Raid Raptors Rise Falcon.
Yuya is a clone of Yuto.
- Alternatively, they're both clones from the same source. The point is, Leo Corporation had a department attempting to genetically engineer superpowered duelists, but, for whatever reason, Yuya came up short. Yusho, working in the department, took pity on him and adopted him, raising him as his own son. However, Yuto escaped, prompting Leo to call in Yusho to help track him down, otherwise he would have to forfeit Yuya for testing to replace Yuto. Not wanting Yuya to be caught up in all of this, Yusho disappears without a trace, in order to capture Yuto, so that he can keep Yuya safe from Leo.
When Yuya duels Gongenzaka
- He will discover Pendulum Synchro.
- Discover the power of Beast-Eyes Pendulum Dragon
- Tie or Win, but a technicality allows Gongenzaka to be in the tournament anyway.
- The qualifications are based on win percentage. Yuya was just shy of meeting the requirements, but Gongenzaka has probably won enough that he can still qualify even after losing to Yuya.
- Jossed, but Gongenzaka still has time to get a few more duels in to fix that. Confirmed, he made it in time for another episode.
The only reason why she looks like a childish character is because she is 14. If we look how hot Anzu, Asuka and Aki are, who were 16 at the beginning of the respective series, and how much Rei has changed between two years (from 11-12 to 13-14) and how beautiful Luca has become in the epilogue, it is probable that Yuzu will also turn out like the others.
- Kotori's classmates were practically drooling when they saw her mother, as their reaction was, "That's what Kotori is going to look like!"
- Well, at times she does look like she's half way there. At least to me, she looked rather busty in episode 34.
Sora defected/ran away from the Fusion Faction
- Sora used to work for Yuto's enemies, but decided he didn't want to fight anymore and left for Maiami City.
- However at some point he'll either choose or be forced to rejoin and become an antagonist.
- Partially jossed, he's a part of it, and no defection yet.
Yuya will later obtain Ritual, Synchro, and Xyz versions of Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon.
He's already got a Fusion version in the form of Rune-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, and by extension Beast-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, so this might be a possibility.
- To clarify, this WMG is not about the counterparts like Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon, but Odd-Eyes' own versions.
There is/was a Summoning War in Yuto's world
Yuto and Kurosaki are Xyz users and their enemies are a unknown Fusion faction, and Yugo the Synchro user, who is probably not allied with the former. I guess there is a war between the four Summoning factions.
- In which case, maybe Leo Corp knows about it. Which is why they want to achieve a total monopoly; they're uniting all of the summoning methods under a single banner.
- Confirmed. Fusion vs. Xyz.
When it really counts, Sawatari will be the one to take down Kurosaki.
Kurosaki's Rise Falcon is incredibly powerful, but only against Special Summoned monsters. Sawatari's latest deck uses Monarch, which are all Tributed summoned.
- Except he ditched decks again for Yosenju, which has a heavy Pendulum focus.
- But with the way his deck works, allowing for multiple Normal Summons and sending his opponent's cards back to the deck under the right circumstances, if Sawatari makes the right tactical decisions, he could still defeat Kurosaki unless he has a counter for multiple Normal Summoned monsters as well.
Future antagonists will start using Shaddolls, Qliphoths and other archetypes
And those duelists are aiming for The End of the World as We Know It
, they may also be connected to Yuto and Kurosaki.
- There is already a WMG with the Qliphoths. Another WMG also speculates the Shaddolls.
The "Summoning War" is a war between multiple dimensions
Yuto and Kurosaki are from the dimension Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL
takes place in (they all use Xyz and the city they come from appears to be Heartland). Yugo is from the same world as Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds
(uses Synchro and has a D-Wheel/Duel Runner) The enemy that uses Fusion is from a world where fusion summons are still used frequently (Possibly the one Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V
takes place in) or even one where the other extra deck summons were never developed. (possibly Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
but probably not because GX
is the past of both 5D's
- It is possible that each dimension/earth has bits and pieces of each continuity.
- This WMG is correct; among the alternate earths to be showcased will be a Supreme King conquered world as a GX AU, an EarthBound God conquered world, a Light of Destruction conquered world, a world where 'Melvin' obtained the Egyptian God cards and Millennium Items, and the world of the Abridged Series.
- Well, A wold where Malik succeeded probably wouldn't look too different from the way the show looks now anyway. The Millennium World event couldn't happen, which would probably mean that Zorc couldn't even think about escaping.
- With reference to "Fusion," "Synchro," "Xyz," and "Standard" Dimensions, it's fair to say this is confirmed.
Arc-V will reveal a Yu-Gi-Oh! multiverse
Going on the above thoughts.
- Loosely speaking, the YGO-verse already contains a multitude of dimensions; Earth's universe, the Dominion of the Beasts, Neo Space, the Astral and Barian Worlds, the Shadow Realm (loosely), the two dimensions from GX (the one that the Academy was sent to, then the other one). If Misawa's 'twelve dimensions' estimate in GX holds any water, that leaves four dimensions to be named and visited; five if the Shadow Realm isn't counted. There isn't really much of a reason to include alternate earths.
The Time Traveling of the last season of 5D's resulting in a split timeline, whose branches are fighting one another.
It is known that Duel Monsters
, and 5D's
all exist during different times in the same continuity, due to Bonds Beyond Time. It is unknown when or where ZEXAL
fits into this; monsters from Duel Monsters and GX exist in historical records, but there is no mention of either the events of 5D's, or Synchro monsters. Conversely, 5D's never mentions either the events of ZEXAL
or Xyz monsters. The theory is that the time travelers from 5D's created three universes: one is the one shown at the end of 5D's, where the Meklord genocide is averted, and another is the past of ZEXAL
, where it was not. However, rather than the complete genocide that Ylliaster came from, th world of ZEXAL
was able to fight back, due to the development/discovery of Xyz monsters, which would No Sell
anything the Meklords would try against them. Thy were able to rebuild, and the concept of Synchro summoning and anything related to it was Un Personed
. The former is the timeline of the Synchro Faction, the latter is the timeline of the Xyz Faction. The third timeline is the one where Paradox succeeded. He didn't stop the game from taking off (it was already way to late for that), but he did make it so that neither Synchro nor Xyz Summon was developed. This universe also averted the Meklord Genocide, but the best it can come up with is Fusion summon. This is the timeline of the Fusion Faction. Something is bringing the three of them together, and everyone is fighting just to survive.
- So where does the Arc-V timeline come in?
- Arc-V would be the unified timeline (hence having all of them).
Yuya's summoning methods (sans Pendulum summon) are progressing as the series as a whole did
First, Yuya normal summoned Odd-Eyes Dragon (ala the original series) then, ignoring Pendulum Summon, Fusion Summoned using Yuzu's Polymerization (GX) and next, he will probably Synchro Summon. Then Xyz Summon.
- Actually, the true GX Fusion Summoning he will learn is Contact Fusion. Beast-Eyes Pendulum Dragon is a Contact Fusion Monster.
- Apparently, Beast-Eyes Pendulum Dragon isn't a Contact Fusion Monster in the anime.
- There will probably also be an Accel Synchro and CXyz version of Odd-Eyes.
- Jossed, he got XYZ before Synchro. It is instead a case of Yuya's summoning methods evolving as the Arc-V series revealed them. (Fusion with Sora, Xyz with Yuto and Synchro with Yaiba).
When Yugo appears in the present
- He will be an Affably Evil Punch Clock Villain, as a foil to Kurosaki and Yuto.
- Or otherwise not be as bad as he appeared to be in the flashback.
- He feels like he is the underdog, just trying to survive against the onslaught of Xyz users.
- Confirmed, with a hefty dose of klutz and goofiness that seems like the end result of having Yuma in Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's.
When Yuya summons Beast-Eyes, the other fusion material will be Silver Claw.
Yuya, Yuto, Yugo and maybe Yuzu are keys to larger plot.
Someone has a plan that involves "masters" or a specific Special Summon type. Three of them are already known, Yuya (Pendulum), Yuto (Xyz) and Yugo (Synchro). which leaves Rituals and Fusions. These five are keys to a mysterious plot that may be revealed later in the series.
Yugo is not a Synchro user, but a Fusion user
It is only assumed by the fans that he is a Synchro user because he's a D-Wheeler, but it was never stated whether his monster really was a Synchro monster or not. We know that Yuto and Kurosaki's enemies use Fusion monsters. During the 3-on-1, Kurosaki only got an angry reaction towards Masumi's Fusion Summoning, but not to Yaiba's Synchro Summoning. There is also an implication that Yugo is connected to Ruri's kidnapping. Yugo's name is a homonym for the Japanese word for "fusion" (e.g. 'Yugo' Shoukan). And in 5D's there were at least three D-Wheelers who used Fusions: Jack, Sherry and Yusei. Ergo, I think Yugo is a Fusion user.
Odd-Eyes is the Crimson Dragon
Odd-Eyes is red, and Rune-Eyes has the exact same roar like the Crimson Dragon from 5D's. Yuya will evolve it so much, that it turns into a god.
Yuya will reacquire a copy of his original Odd-Eyes Dragon card.
All we know for sure is that just Yuya's copy of Odd-Eyes Dragon transformed into Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, not every single copy of it in existence, meaning there is a chance he could find the card of his dragon's original form and add it to his deck for double the dragon beat down. Besides, if Yuya does manage to gain an Xyz version of Odd-Eyes like a previous WMG says, he's gonna need all the support he can get, since Xyz Monsters do require at least two monsters of the same level to summon and so far, Yuya doesn't really have any other level 7 monsters in his deck.
- Assuming that his Odd-Eyes Dragon wasn't an original card that didn't have any copies. The Signer Dragons didn't have copies (except the three Red Dragon Archfiend fakes), and the Numbers were obvious.
There will be a 15th anniversary film.
Similar to the 10th anniversary one
, it will have Yuya teaming up with his two immediate predecessors; Yusei Fudo
and Yuma Tsukumo
The true reason for Yusho's disappearance
- Something to do with Leo Akaba. If his claim of Leo kidnapping Ruri is correct, then it's not much of a stretch to presume that he could have done the same to Yusho. Reiji seems to affirm that his father is beyond the Moral Event Horizon.
The little hooded boy is Reiji's little brother
He was show alongside him in the championship's inauguration, has silver hair and blue eyes. Also, episode 28's preview shows that he's quite scared of Himika Akaba. This is because he's an Akaba himself and his mother is pushing him too much into fulfilling very high
standards in order to make a prodigy out of him. After all, having an older, professional genius duelist brother can leave a younger sibling under a very large shadow that a very dominating mother will want to repeat, without considering his feelings.
- If the name Reira is any indication to his connection with Reiji. Pretty much the majority of Kaiba expy's have little brothers (Kaiser, Kite, and Shark who has a little sister instead). The only exceptions are Jack and Manjoume, the latter being the youngest brother — well, Manjoume is the most poor YGO rival ever (not counting his manga counterpart). And with "poor" I don't mean money.
- Confirmed. Although the Versus Character Splash spells it "Layra."
If Yuya ever becomes evil, his Performapals will turn into dark slave animals, cage animals or both
Remember the Evil HERO monsters? What would make circus animal look dark or more dangerous? Slave or cage animals.
He's going to go on putting on a show, but in full Monster Clown
mode. He will put on a performance even Rakdos
would find impressive. Ladies and gentlemen, prepare to hear the screams of condemned.
- That actually sounds awesome.
- With inspiration from Sora, I guess.
Reiji erasing the LDS trio's memories will come back to bite him in the ass.
- His expies (barring Kaiba) tended to receive a comeuppance or Humiliation Conga for their morally ambiguous/wrong actions.
- Masumi might even remember due to the results of her duel with Yuzu.
Sora will reveal part of his backstory to Yuya and Yuzu after his duel against Kurosaki.
- He revealed it to everyone during the duel.
Masumi and Yuzu will be in a tag duel together at some point.
- Gem-Knight Seraphinite requires a LIGHT monster and is a Fairy-type Fusion, it is perfect for them.
- Or maybe Hokuto since it looks like a Fusion of Lazuli and Constellar Virgo, according to trivia.
Yuya will gain new monsters with Pendulum Effects that provides very good support towards Synchro and Xyz summoning
And that will be how Yuya takes Pendulum Summoning even further. This is based on the fact he currently has a monster whose pendulum effect allows him to fusion summon once per turn. And the effects that might work for this idea:
Yoko, Yuya's mother, was once a professional duelist herself
It'd be cool to be the son of TWO pros, no?
Reira's Deck uses the Outer God, Elder God, and Great Old God cards.
Think about it for a moment. Himika is trying to make Reira a prodigy like Reiji. What's Reiji's claim to fame? Using Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz in one Deck. With the reveal of Outer God Azathoth, which has a nuke effect if it has all three of the above as Xyz Materials, the Lovecraft Gods focus on pulling the same thing that Reiji can, so they would be the perfect cards for Himika to have Reira use in order to make him as good as Reiji.
- Looking at those cards, they rely on a duelist using Fusion, Synchro and Xyz summons in perfect tandem, plus they don't look so powerful that they'd be better seen in their dad's hands so it looks like Reira can have them. The only problem is that none of them explain what Reira is doing in that preview.
- Jossed. Reira seems to be using a CC(C) deck that copies the opponent's monsters.
Alternatively, Reira is NOT Reiji's brother. He is something very disturbing, like Reiji's or Leo's clone, or prisoner from another dimention!
Why would Himika and Reiji to hide their relation to Reira from everyone? Akaba family is famous in this world, yet no one seems to know if Reira is part of this family. His last name is not even called once! Plus, Himika and Reiji act very cold and distant to him.
- Maybe they are just aloof to him. Mokuba wasn't famous, and Kaiba was aloof to him at the early part of the manga. Also, when Reiji is introduced to the heroes, only Shuzou had an idea who he really was and looked it up on the internet.
- His deck could be a hint on something, since in Yu-Gi-Oh!, cards are always used as reflection of duelist soul. His main strategy is creating copies of opponent's monsters. Copies looks almost like original, but had to be destroyed at the end of phase.
Leo and Himika Akaba will use "AA(A)" and "BB(B)" monsters respectively.
- Aqua Agent (Admiral) and Brutal Beast (Baron), respectively?
- "AA(A)" could be "Aqua Actress", which is what Ayu used. The extra "A" for the extra deck monsters could be "Ace" or something.
- "Aqua Actress" is written in kanji, though. Whereas DD(D) and CC(C) use the English letters.
- It's not in kanji, it's in katakana.
During Yuzu and Masumi's second duel.
- Due to the reactions of Masumi and Kurosaki in the preview, the memory erasure will be broken when Yuzu tells them.
- The duel will end up in a draw or canceled because of this.
- Or Masumi will lose because her scrambled memories make her sick or something.
- If she does regain her memories, she will be dismissed by the rest of LDS and be ostracized and thought of as hallucinatory. Reiji will attempt to reinstate the memory erasure.
- All 4 jossed. The issue only comes up in Yuzu's head, and the duel proceeds like a regular duel. In the end: Yuzu wins.
The MCS Finals will be...
- Yuya vs. Kurosaki. Yuya obviously wins.
- Yuya vs. Sora, who has shown his true colors as the Big Bad. The only reason he helped the other was because he wanted someone interesting to duel. Yuya wins, and Sora vanishes to cause more trouble in the next arc.
- This one is Jossed, with Sora's loss to Kurosaki.
- Yuya vs. Yuzu. Yuya loses. (AHAHAHAHAHAHA No. If only it were possible, but alas, Yu-Gi-Oh! must be Yu-Gi-Oh!)
- Or the tournament will be interrupted, before it can even finish by the villains.
At some point in the MCS, Yuzu will have to duel Yuya.
Leo Akaba is the same Leo from 5D's. Not Rua! The son of Yusei's landlord, the clock guy (known as Lyndon in the US version)
He married Himika for money and also took her last name. After event of the show, he became too obsessed with clocks. He studied them so hard that he accidentally broke the very fabric of time and space. It lead to chain of events, which created a lot wormholes from different times and alternative timelines, centered in Maiami.
- Doubt it, not a single person liked that character, no one would bring him back.
One of Odd-Eyes' evolutions will have wings
The wings symbolize the evolution and Yuya will use its flying abilities to increase his skills in Action Duels.
Yugo is actually counterpart of Sawatari, not Yuya
Just look at his smug face in the new opening!
- Recent scan leaves this up for debate.
- And now some people convinced he is a counterpart of Sora! Let's start making bets.
- Jossed after Episode 35. He has Yuya's face too.
From the position in the 2nd opening...
Because Sora was shown with the LDS students in the opening, he will end up leaving You Show and joining LDS, whether or not because he ends up losing to Kurosaki for whatever reason.
- The 2nd ending also doesn't show Sora up to greet Yuya in the end like the others.
Similarly to how Yuzu initially mistook Yuto for Yuya, someone Yuto knows will at some point initially mistake Yuya for Yuto.
Future MCS duels will be...
- Yuya vs Yuzo Tanegashima, the ace of the Surprise School who looks suspiciously similar to Yusho.
- Jossed. Gongenzaka is dueling this guy.
- Yuzu vs Mikiyo Naname, the ace of the Duel Girls Club. She also looks like a Fairy-type user.
- Gongenzaka vs Isao Kachidoki from the Ryozanpaku School, who looks like an Asian folklore-based fighter.
- Jossed. Yuya is dueling Kachidoki.
- Gongenzaka vs one of the Knight School. Samurai vs Knight.
The Leo Corporation rocket in the second opening is actually an ICBM
- Leo Akaba, being a megalomaniac, decides that his course of action will be to Nuke 'em. It will be disarmed in the nick of time, however, thanks to the protagonists defeating him at a children's trading card game.
- Naturally, the dub will refer to it as a "Shadow Realm Rocket" or have some other ridiculous excuse to enforce the Nuclear Weapons Taboo.
- I'd like to question how the above poster thinks they're going to get it past FCC without neutering it or... turning it into a laser. Laser would be cool
Pendulum Monsters existed before, but were Ret Gone
'd out of existence
For an instant, Yuya knew exactly what to do with the Pendulum cards once he got them, and the technology had no trouble handling them as well. We also know that Leo Corp has mind erasing tech. All of his Pendulum Monsters were sealed before he got them, but his pendant unlocked the seal, reintoducing Pendulum Monsters to the world. For a second, he broke through, and remembered how his father did it, but that moment soon passed.
During Kurosaki's and Sora's duel
- The LDS trio will finally regain their real memories, prompting them to confront Reiji.
- Sora is going to Fusion summon a powerful monster. The Fusion materials, two FUSION monsters.
- Sora will use the Frightfur Factory card to summon his true ace, because of Foreshadowing.
- Kurosaki will Rank-Up his Rise Falcon.
- The one on top is Jossed, Frightfur Factory one is partially confirmed because he didn't use it to Fusion Summon his ace and the other two is fully confirmed.
- Confirmed and then some. Three Fusion Monsters, two Rank-Ups.
The events of episode 35 will strangle Yuya and Yuzu's friendship
The preview of episode 35 shows Sora dueling Yuto and Yuya intervenes and (finally) gets to see Yuto face-to-face. Most probaly Yuto will identify himself as one of Kurosaki's comrades. Yuya will then take it bad, after all Kurosaki injured Sora and turned Yuya's precious Action Duels into a battlefield, so he'll side with Sora out of friendship without knowing better.
But, when he gets to tell Yuzu about Yuto, Yuzu will try to explain to him Yuto and Kurosaki's side of the story as she get to interact wth Yuto more than Yuya did. Yuya will then get furious that she has been keeping Yuto's existence secret and will see her bad for siding with someone that injured Sora. This will get a very bad stain on their relationship and will be a Deconstruction
of The Power of Friendship
theme that it's all around Yu-Gi-Oh
- Seems to be somewhat confirmed. While there is no strain so far on their friendship, this causes Yuya to side with Sora (or rather, the prospect of Yuto hurting Sora does.)
- Jossed. Aside from Yuya actually questioning Sora's motivations, he and Yuzu talk about the plot in episode 38.
Sora was the decoy all along, and his main character status will be claimed by both Kurosaki and Yuto.
On Sora and LDS' connection with Academia
The first time we see Sora he's at one of LDS' schools, most likely looking to enter the school's fusion faction; but changes his mind after seeing Yuya and Pendulum summon, allegating it was more interesting that whatever LDS have to offer.
Thanks to episode 34, Sora is revealed to belong to (or used to be in) the Fusion faction that destroyed Heartland as a Hunting Game; but Kurosaki's target are clearly LDS and more exactly Leo Akaba and the 2nd opening suggests that LDS used to made nuclear missiles and it's highly implied that Heartland was destroyed with nuclear weapons.
So my theories are:
- Academia is a group created by Leo Akaba, built around Fusion users (and maybe, secretely some Synchro users). Why they decided to target Heartland still it's unknown for me, but right now, For the Evulz is a reason as good as any.
- Sora was send by Academia to enroll in a LDS school in Maiami City in order to spy on Reiji, but after meeting Yuya and Pendulum summon, his curiosity and his looking for new and exciting opponents won him over and he decided to defect, or considered Pendulum a big asset in his Hunting Game and wanted to studied it closely (and in the best scenario, reclute Yuya).
- And the 2nd OP and ED suggest that Sora will join LDS. This looks very out of character, unless this reflects that Sora was originally suppossed to be among LDS and will be commanded to join as he was supposed to. He probably will do it in order to search for a rematch against Kurosaki, who seems to be staying close to Reiji for a while now.
The important MCS battles are not chosen randomly, but on purpose
It's very convenient that Yuya vs Sawatari
and Sora vs Kurosaki
happened at the beginning of the tournament, especially both of them are working for/with Reiji. It's very likely that these matches are not coincidences, like the matches in the Fortune Cup which were obviously organized before. It might be possible that even Yuzu and Gongenzaka's matches were organized, so Reiji can test them as well. It would fit to his character if he has a lot of information about the participants beforehand and organizes their matches to test everyone to their fullest potential.
- It's implied this is quite correct.
Reiji's Lancers will be Summoning Specialist
A specialist for each summoning method. That would be Fusion, Ritual, Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum. Also Tribute. Bonus specialists would be Contact Fusion, Accel Synchro and Xyz Change if he really wants them. Putting them aside, Reiji would have five or six Lancers, with him as the Big Good
. Five-Man Band
with Sixth Ranger
or The Magnificent Seven Samurai
- Not likely. When Kurosaki broke out Rank-Up Magic, Reiji had no idea what it was. And the preview of ep. 37 has Yuya be shocked that someone would duel while riding a motorcycle. Doesn't mean that, when the actual WAR comes to Standard, they wouldn't have developed their own RUM from Kurosaki's example, but Accel Synchro seems unlikely simply on the sheer fact of not everyone is doing Riding Duels. Contact Fusion is another matter entirely, since it's an easy enough mechanic to include in card text.
In the Yuto vs. Sora Duel...
- Yuzu will show up, and since Yuya is there, Yuto will be teleported away by the bracelet, leaving the result inconclusive.
- This happens right as Yuto activates a Rank-Up-Magic.
- Seems to be Jossed, as the preview indicate that Yuto will be sticking around for a few episodes, but could still happen.
- Des-Toy Scissor Bear will be unable to equip itself with Yuto's Spell Monster Cards, since they will be banished if they leave the field. Even if they would go to the graveyard. They are Spell Cards in the graveyard and not Monster Cards.
- Jossed. It successfully grabs an Xyz Monster.
The threat to the Astral World at the end of ZEXAL was Academia and the ZEXAL cast was defeated and/or killed off
Kurosaki's and Yuto's flashbacks show a completely destroyed Heartland City. Yuma and co. are seen flying to the Astral World at the end of ZEXAL
to face some new threat—Academia. They failed to subdue the threat and were killed in the process. This allowed Academia to cross over to Heartland City and start their hunting games as the world was powerless to resist due to their strongest all dying. Basically, Yuma and crew fucked up and Heartland (and presumably the rest of the world) went under siege as a result. The Resistance is the remainder of the world that decided to fight back.
- Additionally, Academia is the Duel Academy from GX, which was conquered by some evil forces. Judai suddenly left the Duel Academy in the end of the series and the rest graduated (except Kenzan and Rei). So there was nobody left except the facility (and Kenzan and Rei) to protect the school.
The summoning factions home bases are all settings from previous series.
Forgive me if this has been brought up before but it seems like this could be a very real possibility. It's simple really: Heartland is already confirmed as the place where Yuto and Kurosaki come from. Academia could very well be Duel Academia and of course, Yugo's faction, if apart of one at all, is based in Neo Domino City. Whether or not they're from different dimensions or timelines is a different point entirely, of course.
- If Yugo really is a Synchro user. As mentioned above, it would be odd if someone whose name sounds exactly like "fusion" in Japanese would not be Fusion user.
- In the 2nd OP you can see his card plate has a white card on it— a Synchro monster. Though it's not impossible that he uses both.
- When Yugo was shown summoning his monster during Yuto's flasback, the background was similar to the one used for Synchro summon.
- Yugo is indeed a Synchro user, with two of his Synchro monsters now revealed.
It's entirely possible he is actually pure evil, but then why would he help Yuzu when he had no reason to? He even mentioned he might get in trouble if he did, but agreed to anyway. Presumably it isn't a Vector situation either, since Bloom Diva isn't a card he pulled out of thin air. And while he's gotten irritated at people belittling him before, it was only when dueling Kurosaki, an Xyz that he flew off the handle. So it's possible there are two Soras - one who is prideful, but still well-meaning, and another who is completely smug (looking down on Kurosaki's ace monster having weak attack, when before he was able to identify how this meant another was a threat) and cruel, and was the one who fought the Resistance. When Sora wakes up in the next episode the first one will be in charge, and the only thing he'll remember is Kurosaki humiliating him.
- Alternatively, he could have just been trying to recruit Yuzu into his Fusion cult.
- Quite possibly. If he was, though, you'd think he would try to avoid looking as suspicious as he did against Kurosaki - even if they couldn't hear what he was saying they did see how aggressive he was acting. And that could be another hint of this being true.
- He might have Jumped Off The Slippery Slope because he was unable to handle the fact an Xyz duelist was counterplaying him so soundly. Extra points for being explicitly bigoted and being accustomed to defeating them with ease. He didn't mind getting defeated by Yuya because Yuya isn't "Xyz scum."
An ARC-V episode or movie will live up the promise between Atem, Judai and Yusei
Several posts above mention that Time Travel
may occure in the future and the five protagonist will meet together. In the 10th Anniversary movie, Atem, Judai and Yusei promised that they will meet each other again. ARC-V might give it the opportunity to make it come true.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! movie site teases silhouettes of Yugi and Kaiba.
Tatsuya is more than meet the eye
He wasn't the member of You Show Duel School from the beginning, he joined only after learning about Yuya's Pendulum Summoning. We don't know a lot about him, we never saw his parents, unlike with Ayu and Futoshi. He is way too smart for his young age (as we saw during Quiz duel). Also, accidentally(?) he has the same hair and eyes color as Yugo The Mysterious Rider.
- His mother appeared in the first two episodes.
Either Yuto or Yugo will be revealed to have a last name with "Jo" in it...
...to fill the quota of obligatory YuJo friendship/rivalry of franchise.
Episode 37's summary calls him "The Fusion Side's Agent", meaning he works for Academia, yet he uses Synchro Summoning, not Fusion. Yugo may only be working for them because he gets paid a load of money or because he likes destroying stuff, as hinted at by his Slasher Smile
in Yuto's flashback.
- Or they pay him with cards. Remember Sawatari's trio?
- Welp, this was Jossed. Yugo's not even with Academia, and he's not a psycho, either.
The Fusion Faction will give Yugo the card Miracle Synchro Fusion
Because with a name like that he's gotta Fusion Summon one way or another.
- But he would only use them in a Turbo Duel, since it's a Speed Spell Card.
- There could be Speed Spell and non-Speed Spell versions.
Turbo Duels will return
We have Yugo after all.
- Alternatively, Yugo will ride circles around his opponent, who will be standing completely still. On. The. Ground. (Thus making it not a true Riding Duel).
- Confirmed with his duel against Yuto.
- Yeah, that happened in 5D's against Goodwin. And he even used the rules against the trio, even though, he was cheating (he attacked them with evil forces that have nothing to do with the duel).
- Perhaps more visually interesting, it could be a Turbo Duel, where he is on his D-Wheel/Duel Runner, and, through whatever power gives mass to Yuto's monsters, his opponent would be riding on a monster, like in Action Duels.
- Or rather, he will always ride his D-Wheel in an Action Duel, thus giving him a distinct advantage.
- Distinct but not necessarily powerful. He would be very good on a straight, even surface. But if the terrain is rough, or the trail too irregular, he may be better off on foot. Unless he can dock his D-Wheel with Clear Wing...
- Does attempting to run over Yuto during their duel count as an advantage?
Yuzu will be brainwashed at some point of the story
Anzu by Malik, Asuka by Saiou, Aki by Divine, and Kotori by Girag. Do you see the pattern?
- And there was Rio by Abyss, too (though Aki was more indoctrinated than brainwashed). Perhaps Ruri is already or will be brainwashed as well?
- I meant the main female leads. Rio and Ruri aren't main females. Also, it's explicitely mentioned by Divine that he "mind-controlled" Aki.
- I forgot to mention that Anzu was brainwashed by Shadi in the manga, too.
Yuya will have Odd-Eyes, Rune-Eyes and Beast-Eyes at the same time on the field in the middle of a duel
The 2nd opening might has given Foreshadowing
. Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon is a Pendulum Monster, so it can be easily Pendulum Summoned from the Extra Deck even when one or both of the Fusion dragons are on the field.
- It's possible to do in the real game. Had all three out at the same time in a duel. Though I had multiple copies of Odd-Eyes Pendulum.
The shadowed person in the 2nd Opening is Ruri
The person right after Yugo. Some fans suspect that it's Ruri and they are at least convinced that the person is female.
- Possible but unlikely. Lightening the image gives you a pretty good view of the face, which has the same structure, in addition to the exact eye structure, as Yuya, Yuto and Yugo. It's most likely the Academia-aligned version of Yuya.
- The person is revealed to be Yuri. And judging from the face, it's apparently another Yuya-lookalike. Also, Yuri has no girlish eyelashes, so Yuri is probably a guy, regardless of the pink part of the hair.
Yuzu is Ruri
Yuzu doesn't resemble her father in the slightest, but she and Kurosaki have the exact same hairstyle (watch the bangs). Moreover, Shuzou does not know where her bracelet came from, only claiming that 'she's always had it'. Yuzu correctly points out that she can't have been born with it. Likely, Ruri escaped (or was rescued) from the Academia after having her memories erased, was found with the bracelet on and adopted by Shuzou. Following from that, Yuzu doesn't remember where she got the bracelet herself either. As evidenced by the LDS Trio, the means to erase memories most certainly exist in the ARC-V world.
Ruri's own brother believed Yuzu to be her, not upon first seeing her, but after hearing her voice, which is a more reliable indicator than looks. Yuto's reasoning that Yuzu can't be Ruri (because she uses Fusion) is flimsy at best. In a world where Fusion never had any of the negative connotations it has in Kurosaki and Yuto's homeworld, she has no reason to fear it. Yuzu's ace, Bloom Diva, may be a Fusion monster, but its effect is thematically similar to that of Kurosaki's ace: both are monsters that target Special Summoned monsters and gain strength from fighting them. Of course, it must be a happy coincidence that Yuzu's ace features the word Bloom — the second kanji of Kurosaki (presumably also Ruri's family name).
On a more meta level, the frequent cold cuts between Kurosaki and Yuzu when they're in the same scene together hint at a definite connection.
- A problem with that is that Yuzu has been friends with Yuya and Gon forever, and Ruri has not been missing nearly that long. Yuzu's dad has stated she always had the bracelet. So the most likely option is that Yuzu is a long lost twin sister or something.
- There's actually no real indication of how long they have been friends. We never get to see a young Yuzu interacting with young Yuya and young Gonzengaka. Likewise, we don't know when exactly Ruri disappeared, or how old she was. And if Reiji could insert Kurosaki seamlessly into LDS and make everyone believe he's always been there (it has to extend beyond the LDS trio—think of all the teachers, classmates, ...), surely it can't be too much of a problem to modify the memories of a handful of people. If Yuzu's had the bracelet the entire time she's been Shuzou's daughter, and Shuzou believes she's always been his daughter, then that logically extends to 'always had it'.
- Jossed. Ruri was seen in Ep. 38's preview, and just like Yuto in comparison to Yuya, Ruri looks like her, but with different hair (dark blue, like her brother) and eyes (green).
- Not necessarily. The girl introduced in Ep. 38 actually appears to be Yuzu's Fusion counterpart.
- Confirmed to be a girl named Serena.
Fusion, Synchro and Xyz monsters in the ARC-V world were introduced by LDS
And are not native to their world. They are copies of the summoning styles found in the other worlds, hence why they aren't real
. Pendulum monsters are the native summoning of the ARC-V
Yuya will gain access to Xyz summoning during a duel against Kurosaki.
Yuya will overlay Rune-Eyes and Beast-Eyes to perform an Xyz Summon
Yuto, Kurosaki, and the Academia Duelists are Psychic Duelists
Similar to the Arcadia Movement, Academia takes in Psychic Duelists for nefarious purposes. Like Aki and Divine, Kurosaki and Yuto have abilities to inflict real damage, but lack the purple special effects present in Shadow Duels, suggesting that they may simply be Psychic Duelists as opposed to drawing on the powers of Black Magic
- It's implied that the Duel Disks can seal people into cards. Sora was warped back to Academia because of his Duel Disk. So, it's possible that the Duel Disks can make the holograms "real".
All the summoning factions involved in the summoning war are unwitting pawns
- Since the show is called Arc-V, we could suggest there will be 5th dimension - and real evil masterminds will be from there. That dimension will be populated by absolutely terrifying villains - people who don't play Card games at all!
- We'll also find out that he doesn't even work for Academia, he only goes into the other dimensions to find fun duels.
The Synchro and Xyz dimensions appear to be the settings of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds
(which is confirmed to take place after Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
) and Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL
(which is implied to take place after Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
). And the Fusion dimension's Academia appears to be an evil version of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
's Duel Academia. There isn't really any evidence that Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
happened in the "Standard" dimension but it would be odd if something happened in every dimension except the central one.
There will be a Ritual Dimension
Ritual summon is very (and tragically) underrated; it deserves a dimension!
- It's possible, but it should be noted that Rituals are different from Fusion/Synchro/Xyz. They are not using Extra Deck.
- If a Ritual Dimension exists, it is either already completely destroyed or it is completely ignored during the war.
- Since it's called ARC-V, it five should be the Arc Number of the series.
- Unless the Pendulum Dimension theory turns out to be true.
"Standard" is the nuclear dimension from which all the other ones spawned
"Standard" is the Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duel Monsters
' dimension, where Yugi, king of games lived and Pegasus created the game that conciled ancient powers. This powers, after the return of Atem to the afterlife, when out of control and started to create new dimensions based in the different summonings in order to fullfil their ancient mission of destroying a world (since in "Standard" it became impossible thanks to the pharaon's actions) and with new people who hold mysterious powers in order to fight evil back (the Supreme King, the 5Ds, the holders of the Numbers). The Fusion Dimension is the most closer to Standard since it was the first created (that's why an older version of Yugi appeared in the beginning) and as the other ones where created, they were getting more and more away of Standard, missing their rots with it.
The Crimson Dragon
didn't send Yusei back in time, but send him through dimensions, in BBT
Considering that Paradox's actions were causing Yusei's and Judai's respective eras to be erased from existence, I think it's safe to assume this is Jossed. Unless they retcon.
LDS knew of the Alternate worlds...
And that is where they got the knowledge of summoning tactics from as well as how they managed to keep that knowledge away from most of the populace (Until Yuya pioneered Pendulums and Sora introduced Fusions to Yuzu and indirectly, Yuya)
Yuto, Yugo, and Kurosaki will ally with Yuya
And together they will investigate Academia and Yuzu's mysterious bracelet (provided it doesn't separate the group)
Academia is connected to the bracelet, and to both Yuzu, Ruri and Kurosaki
Standard will have its name changed to Pendulum Dimension
They will start as purely a fusion user, with Cyber End, Cyber Twin, and Chimeratech Fortress Dragons, but will eventual defect to protect the Xyz Dimension, also obtaining Cyber Dragon Nova in the process.
Yuya & Yuto will tag-duel Yugo & "Fusion Yuya"
Yuya and Yuto seem to symphatize with each other, while Yugo is an adversary to Yuto and is aided with Academia. If Academia has a "Fusion Yuya", then a tag duel might be possible.
- "Fusion Yuya" seems to be Yuri.
- Jossed. If Yuto isn't Dead Yuto and Yuya did an unintentional Namekian Fusion.
- I believe that you either mean mean Yoshi Fusion or demon Fusion, not Big Green Fusion.
Yuya, Yuto & Yugo along with their cards are dimensional keystones
The fact that all of them apparently have the same face, as well as have similar ace monsters can't be a coincidence. Furthermore, all of them have the "Yu-" prefix, which usually denote a main character. Not to mention their dragons stats are all the same as the ace cards of main characters (2500 ATK and 2000 DEF).
- In addition, Yuzu and Ruri might also be dimensional keystones. In the ending for Ep 37, the baddies referred to Yuzu as the possible fourth piece that they're seeking. This also points to there being a Fusion and Synchro counterpart of them too.
Yuya will learn Synchro Summon and Xyz Summon from Yugo and Yuto respectively
Ties in with how Yuya now uses Fusion in tandem with Pendulum. Though depending on what kind of person Yugo is, Yuya might end up learning Synchro from Gongenzaka instead.
- Maybe sort of confirmed with Yuto...maybe?
Yusho disappeared, because he was (somehow) in the way of Leo's ambition
Reiji stated that the conflict between dimensions is due to his father's ambitions, which seem to entail using dueling as a weapon. It could be that the reason for Yusho's mysterious disappearance is because the entertainment duels that he pioneered may have potentially caused problems for Leo's plan, especially since Action Duels could easily be used as a weapon.
- Aren't Reiji said that Yusho is working with their enemies?
- Yusho the Big Bad!
Yuya will obtain Clear Wing Synchro Dragon and the ______ ______ Fusion Dragon
Since Yuya now has Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon as of Episode 37, there is a possibility that Yuya may obtain Yugo's dragon and Yuri's dragon at some later point in the series.
Goggles are not for nothing!
What if Yuya putting on goggles in tight situations is not just a cute quirk? He is actually hiding glowing eyes underneath!
- Looks like Confirmed... kind of. In preview of Ep 39 we could see how Yuya's right eye is glowing. And in Ep 25 we saw how blue star on his goggles sparked, when he fought Gongenzaka. That means at least once his eyes were glowing when he wore goggles. Though only one eye (right one) for some reason.
The Fusion Dimension is trying to stir up conflict between the Xyz Dimension and the Synchro Dimension
While Yuto and Kurosaki call Yuugo the pawn of Fusion, his statement in Episode 37 (You took away what I held precious)
, suggests that he may be as much a victim as them in some way.
The Summon Dragons (excluding Odd-Eyes) might have a Numbers-like effect on their users when resonating
In Episode 37, something was DEFINITELY off with Yuuto and Yuugo in their duel after both their dragons entered the field.
- If this turns out to be true, then either Odd-Eyes is the Hope/Utopia of the dragons (and thus does not wish to destroy), or Yuya's Pendant acts like the Emperor's Key, protecting him from the harmful effect.
- Or maybe its Yuya himself who has that power, possibly gained from his Entertainment Duel philosophy.
- It might be because his dragon transformed. Odd-Eyes Dragon would have had the same effect... but Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon does not.
Yugo is searching for the Synchro-Dimension's counterpart of Yuzu.
- And it would be revealed that she's either his sister or his crush. While Yuto wants to found Ruri, he refers to her as "his comrade and Kurosaki's sister" while Yuto says that she's precious to him, meaning that she's closer to his heart than just a comrade or childhood friend.
Yuto has merged with Yuya.
Or alternatively, he was absorbed into Yuya's pendant. That blue pillar of light as he disappeared kind of resembled the ones that appear during the Pendulum summoning sequences.
The Fusion-Dimension's counterpart of Yuzu will be a Morality Pet
of sorts to Yuri.
The girl from the preview of ep. 39 is not Ruri.
She is Fusion-Yuzu. She is Dark Action Girl
, sent to Standard Dimension to capture Yuzu for Yuri.
- It's not clear yet if she is Fusion Yuzu or Synchro Yuzu, but it's safe to say she is not Ruri.
- The hair matches the Fusion card frame, so that supports her being Fusion Yuzu. Yugo may have hinted at a Synchro Yuzu with his "what I held precious" line.
- Confirmed. The girl's name is Serena.
Yuto didn't actually die
Yuzu approaching the scene caused him to teleport away suddenly, along with Yugo.
Yuya and Yuzu having doppelgängers is NOT because of alternative dimensions having counterparts of everybody
The show would get pretty crowded real quick if EVERYONE had look-a-likes. Can you imagine there being four Soras, four Reijis, four Gongenzakas, four Kurosakis, four Leos, heck, even four Sawataris, four Masumis, four Mierus, four Yushos, four Yokos (the list goes on,) all with differing personalities? It would be a mess, not to mention a pain to write. So, to prevent this, it will be revealed that Yuya, Yuzu, and their doppelgängers only have counterparts because they are very special people. HOW they are special is unknown, but at the end of episode 37 the Professor says Yuzu could be the fourth piece that he is looking for, implying that there is something special about her. As for Yuya, considering Yugo is confirmed to be able to talk to (or at least feel,) his dragon, and Yuya being implied to be able to, along with the fact that Yugo and Yuto got Glowing Eyes of Doom
during their duel, with Yuya also being implied to get them (in episode 26, the star on Yuya's goggles briefly glows two times for some reason,) it is probably safe to say that SOMETHING is special about them.
Academia captured Yuzu's three lookalikes
And she is the fourth piece.
Kurosaki will attempt to track down Yugo against Reiji's wishes.
The room in which he and Reiji were watching the duel between Sora and Yuto lost the signal when Yugo entered the scene and presumably crashed into the lamppost the camera was on. Kurosaki wanted to go help Yuto, but Reiji told him to stay as to not cause any more commotion since they don't know for certain whether the Synchro Dimension are their enemies or not. Sometime after the duel, Reiji sent Nakajima to investigate and all he could find was Yuto's duel disk, which was left behind when Yuto disappeared. Once Kurosaki learns of Yuto's disappearance, he might try to track down Yugo in order to demand answers about what happened to Yuto.
Yuzu's bracelet is a defense mechanism for the Yu boys.
Should one of them lose to another, they would be absorbed by the other/be destroyed/otherwise remove one from existence. This is why Yuzu's bracelet keeps Yuya and Yuto, and possibly Yugo and Yuri away - it's to prevent any of them from going Highlander on each other. Whether this applies to other doppelgangers or just the Yu boys is unknown.
- Yuto was defeated by Yugo, but it would appear as if Yuya was the one who unwittingly absorbed Yuto, assuming the theories about those two becoming one are correct. Perhaps Yuya's pendant has something to do with it as well?
Should Yugo ever go through a Heel-Face Turn
, he will help Gongenzaka perform an Accel Synchro Summon.
Aside from the actual cards, to pull Accel Syncro off, you need both Clear Mind, and a high speed. Yugo has a fast bike, but doesn't appear to have a very calm personality. Gongenzaka has a steadfast heart (making Clear Mind easy for him), but doesn't move at all when he does. If Gongenzaka sits in a sidecar or something, they could work together to make it work.
- Hard to tell if he really needs a 'heel' from what we saw of him/
Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon will have Yuya learn that Pendulum monsters detached do not go to the extra deck the hard way
Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon will be used in a duel out of desperation
Yuya will use it when his back is to the wall, and only a pair of level 4 monsters are left in his hand to summon (Skeet Skimmer and Whip Snake perhaps).
- Desperation, yes. Those monsters, no. Actually was Silver Claw and Cameloose.
Pendulum Dimension is the fifth dimension.
Because there's no proof that Pendulum Summoning originated in Standard Dimension.
- Meaning that the pendant could be an artifact from said dimension?
Yuya has new Xyz Monsters thanks to Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon.
When Yuto gave Dark Rebellion to Yuya, it was reacting to his Extra Deck. Due to this Yuya will have Xyz Monsters for the Performapal and Odd-Eyes Archetypes.
In episode 18, during his flashback, Yuto says "I...I don't want to hurt anyone anymore!" While he's saying this, he looks like he's tired and on the verge of tears. At first, these words seem to be referring to his regret for all the fighting he has to do during the war he's in, but in episode 37, when he snaps out of his trance, he says them again "I... don't want to hurt anyone..." Once again, he looks tired. Taking this into consideration, it can be assumed that his words in episode 18 were, instead, referring to the way he gets when he has Glowing Eyes of Doom
. This would mean that Yuto is not only aware of his.......problem, but also remembers what he does when he's going through it. The fact that he says "anymore" the first time also implies he has gone through it MANY times before. The real evidence of this, however, comes from episode 37 in the way Yugo and Yuto come out of their respective trances. Yugo comes out of his like someone who just woke up from sleepwalking; confused and asking "Huh?! What have I been..." Probably not remembering anything of their duel past the point of Yuto bring out his dragon. Heck, he may not remember anything about their duel AT ALL, considering he didn't even seem to be aware of his surroundings when he came to. Yuto, however, comes out of his saying the above mentioned words and seems more like someone who just managed to get a hold of himself. He's NOT confused, is still aware he's in a duel, still aware of his surroundings for that matter, and is seemingly aware of what he was doing and what he was about to do.
If the above is true, then it would further explain why Yuto is a Reluctant Warrior
. Sure, Yuto probably just hates fighting and hurting people in general, but the underlying reason for his reluctance would be that, every time he duels, he's terrified of losing control. Think about it, you wouldn't want to be dueling much either if you knew dueling sometimes makes you become a crazy person who wants to kill/destroy everything.
The Yuyas and Yuzus are the defense mechanisms of their dimensions.
The reason so far Yuya and Yuzu are the only ones to have alternative selves is because they are defense mechanisms to stop invasions. The Yuyas are the warriors getting glowing eyes and turning destructive to destroy the enemy. While the Yuzus are the defense with their bracelets teleporting people from other dimensions away to save the residents of the current universe.
Academia's Professor is Leo Akaba
Pretty much a common theory. Especially hinted in the second opening when we see the Professor's silhouette in Reiji's glasses. Considering that's Yu-Gi-Oh!
, related characters often don't look similar at all, just for example Gozaburo and Noah or Dr. Faker and Kaito/Kite
- Actually wasn't the Professor talking to Leo, or am I wrong?
- Probably that was just a subordinate of the Professor.
- Silhouette in Reiji's glasses doesn't look like Professor.
- It does. You see the mirrored silhouette of a bald person with one of the glowing eyes being noticeably bigger than the other one, which is the lense that is usually on the Professor's forehead. The next images shows the un-mirrored silhouette's "full" body behind a glass panel, looking at the glowing thing that we have already seen in the end of episode 37.
- And now it is confirmed, Episode 40 states that Leo is indeed the Professor.
- Considering the type of show this is, it is very likely Sora and Yuri will end up getting a pass because of that.
- This is kinda needed otherwise they risk pissing off the GX fanbase.
Yuri's ace monster
The name of Yuri's ace monster will end in "Fusion Dragon" as the other counterparts all reflect their method of summoning: Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon and Clear Wing Synchro Dragon.
- Probably "Yugo Dragon" in the Japanese dub, since all Fusion cards have "Yugo" in their names and Fusion Summon is called "Yugo Shoukan" in Japanese.
- My guess is that it will require very generic Fusion Materials, so any player can summon it without difficulty (depending on the deck, of course). To makes it even easier, the dragon might even be a Contact Fusion Monster, but that might be a stretch.
Yuzus and Yuyas aren't real.
They're all clones, and each dimension has them. That's why there aren't lookalikes of other characters from the other dimension. The reason that they are clones is because when a Yuya and a Yuzu are together, they provide stability and balance to the dimension that they are both from. However, after Leo's abduction of Ruri, the barriers around the Xyz Dimension fell apart, allowing the Fusion Dimension to invade and destroy them. Furthermore, Leo is attempting to capture all the Yuyas and Yuzus from the different dimensions for some diabolical plan, probably having something to do with monopolizing all of the types of summons.
During the Yuya vs Kachidoki duel...
- Yuya will gain another evolution in Pendulum summoning, assuming the translation of Reverse Scale Awakening is accurate.
- He will awaken the dark mode like Yuto and Yugo, and then horrifically beat down Kachidoki. I hope that happens.
- The theories about Yuto merging with Yuya will be confirmed, and Yuto will help Yuya figure out what he needs to do in order to win, Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon probably being involved in some way.
- Yuya will play Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon.
- The first is jossed, the third is heavily implied, and the fourth confirmed. The second didn't quite happen as described here, but it's close enough.
Fusion Yuzu's personality will be...
Harsh Tsundere to Yuzu's Sweet Tsundere. I base this on the way she was dressed and her smirking at Sora getting held down by the doctors.
4Kids will censor Kachidoki in a very stupid way
Considering that Kachidoki physically attacks people in the middle of the duel to prevent them from getting Action Cards, there is no way that 4Kids will tolerate that.
- Preeeetty sure that 4Kids don't exist anymore. EDIT: I stand corrected, it does. DAMNIT.
- Not sure it really has the Yu-Gi-Oh license though....
- It's 4K Media now. But it's owned by Konami and probably has a different staff from the older 4Kids. The censorship could still happen but that depends on where it airs and what the FCC regulations say.
- Since the names of certain characters have already been changed (Ayu to Ally, Reiji to Declan, and Gongenzaka to Gong), I'm sure that censorship will happen.
- Ah mou, you act as if we haven't had the names changed all the time already. People, 4K Media has censored almost nothing out of Zexal while under Konami. Oh no, Shark wasn't stabbed all the way through. Oh no, they changed the implication so that Kite MIGHT have survived his moon duel. Oh no, they decided that maybe Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder's... grinding might have been pushing it for a G rated show. All it's been is the really obvious stuff so far. Kachidoki is going to be a hard thing to do, but Arc-V is already looking like it'll be hard to keep G. Also, might I remind you that even before 4Kids became 4K Media, they still showed both Yusei and Kallen/Kiryu beating people up? Besides Declan most of the dub names don't look all that far removed anyway. Gong could be short hand
Tatsuya will duel Reira
Reira has already dueled Ayu and Futoshi and at the end of episode 28, Tatsuya tried talking to him but was ignored. Plus, Tatsuya is the only one of the You Show kids that hasn't dueled yet.
- If they do, Tatsuya will help Reira to rediscover the joy in dueling, just as Yuya did for him with his Entertainment Dueling. But that won't save Tatsuya of losing.
Yusho and Yoko come from the as-of-yet-unseen Pendulum Dimension
We haven't seen it yet, but there's another dimension that focuses on Pendulum summoning. Yusho and Yoko come from this dimension, and for some as-of-yet-unknown reason they left and came to the Standard dimension.
This means that Yuya is, unknowingly, actually native to the Pendulum dimension- hence why Pendulum cards showed up in his deck and he instinctively knew how to use them. Either his parents left before he was born, or they left when he was so little he doesn't remember anything about his home world.
Oh, and another version of Yuya will show up of course- one who really is
native to the main character's home dimension, and the "Yuya" representative/incarnation for that dimension, since Yuya himself is the representative/incarnation for the Pendulum dimension.
ARC-V is meant to deconstruct Yu-Gi-Oh series tropes
So far, we've seen the dark side of the following common techniques.
- Pulling cards out of nowhere (Yuya gets flak for it)
- The missing parent (Yuya has issues, severe issues)
- Card Games deciding everything (it turns into something war-like)
- And most recently (as of this posting), the super powered alter ego (Yuto and Yuya)
How many more common ideas will be deconstructed is yet to be determined.
It was actually Yuto that took control of Yuya in episode 39.
While he probably had good intentions, things didn't go as planned, either because of Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon's influence, or simply because Yuto may not remember how
to duel any other way than how it's been since the Fusion Dimension attacked his homeworld.
Kurosaki will track down and confront Yuya
And considering his personality, it'll hardly be a civil discussion. Kurosaki was obviously upset about not knowing the whereabouts of Yuto, and he'll impulsively assign blame to Yuya and be absolutely livid. However, Yuzu will be there to save Yuya's skin and help talk sense into Kurosaki.
- Alternatively, Kurosaki will freak out and try to hurt Yuya (Kurosaki does not really care about people who are not his comrades, after all). This will lead to Yuya being possessed by something dark again.
When Reiji's lancers come into play again...
The LDS trio will be made part of the Standard Dimension lancers. Since they are already involved, and fans would be upset if they weren't since they are popular. And they will get their memories back.
- As long as Hokuto comes back. It is possible that they end up being in the background.
Once there was a dangerous person. Maybe even it was some Divine entity - some malevolent God. To stop him, he was divided into four (or five) separate boys, each one represented some part of his peronality, but later they grew into independent people. Since there still was a chance of them merging together back, they were sent to different dimensions. There were also created four maidens with safety devices (braseletes), and it was made sure, that boys and girls are growing up together. That "original persona" is still sleeping in every boy, and can gain temporary control of them, when they are close, or their Dragons are resonating.
Reiji will Ritual Summon in episode 40
Come on, give him an EARTH Ritual DDD already.
- Jossed, he Fusion Summons and Xyz Summons two new DDD monsters, but no Ritual.
Reiji will convince Yuya to join the fight for their world by promising to help him figure out how to get Yuto back to normal.
Since it seems Yuya and Yuto did indeed merge together, I imagine one of Yuya's main concerns upon realizing this will be finding a way to reverse the process. However, as the tournament progresses and the two gradually get to know each other better and learn how to work together, they don't really figure out much as to how they can get Yuto back to normal since they'd barely know anything about how or why they got fused together. So, once the tournament ends and Yuya learns the truth about why Reiji held the tournament, naturally, he wouldn't want to take part in the fight, and Yuto probably wouldn't want to get involved in it either. However, Reiji, having somehow learned of their current situation, offers to help them find a solution if Yuya agrees to help him in return. With a lack of other options available, Yuya will reluctantly accept the offer.
- This seems to be jossed at least partially. In the subs Reiji's comment was more that he assumed that Yuya had Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon than he knew what was going on with Yuya.
Yuya was controlled by the same personality when he first created the Pendulum cards
Watching the first episode you notice that when the Pendulum cards were made, Yuya quickly knew how to use them and then after the duel he forgot. Which people see as a split personality, this was furthered when he used the phrase "I summon my monster servants" which he didn't use besides when he was controlled in Episode 39. Just like in the first episode, Yuya forgot what happened after he won in Episode 39. Or that he acted a lot like Yuto did when he had the glowing eyes of doom in Episode 37. Side note, it probably wasn't Yuto as how did Yuto learn how to Pendulum summon so fricking fast?
Yuya will duel Yugo at some point and add Synchro summoning to his deck by taking Clear Wing Synchro Dragon.
In dub, LDS will be renamed to DDS
Because LDS sounds like official name of Mormon sect, and also reminds of LSD. Leo and Reira also will get names what starts with D.
- Or because it is too easy for people to link of LSD because of the name.
Because as awesome as it would be for her to become a badass and plot-relevant character, let's face it. In Yugioh, female leads are either The Chick
and/or The Heart
, providing little more then emotional support, Dark Action Girls
, or spunky strong side-characters. Considering that Academia is trying to kidnap her, it's only a matter of time before they succeed, forcing a rescue arc. Possibly, whatever the Yuzu's are needed for will go through and a stronger Big Bad
will be revealed/unleashed through their power, and Yuya (and possibly some of his counterparts) will save the day. The fact that there's Ship Tease
between Yuya and Yuzu would only make a rescue arc more likely.
- Can we give the authors some benefit of the doubt?
- She'll be a Badass Damsel.
- Mai, Aki, Rio... let's be real here, the track record for major female duelists is terrible thanks to the Yu-Gi-Oh! writers. But hey, if they maintain a solid level of badassery for Yuzu throughout the series, then good on them for improving.
Serena will use a archtype that feels counter to what Yuzu uses
While they will share Fusion Monsters, it will not be a girly (LIGHT Fairy) anti-Special Summon style.
Instead, it will be something more tomboyish ad straight fusiony. Perhaps the new E-Heroes, considering that she is dressed up in a sort of Slifer/Osiris Red get up.
- I doubt it will be Elemental HERO. Almost all of the good Elemental HERO cards are from the GX manga and only a few are exclusive from the card game.
- It could be a DARK archetype to clash with the Melodious archetype.
- As a possible contrast or similarity, Serena might use a music-themed deck like Yuzu. Serena's name comes from "serenade". Heck, the OCG name of Serenade the Melodious Diva is "Serena".
There is a reason Yuzu has the Yu in her name while Serena and Ruri do not
There might just be something special about Yuzu. After all, even if it one bang, her hair does happen to exist in two colors....and has a Yu name.
- Her Yu is shorter than the guys' Yu/Yuu, though.
- Just realized she had a hair color difference as well. But hey, multi-colored hair is a sign of importance in the Yu-Gi-Oh World after all.
Reiji's Lancers will include Yuya and Yuzu
Call it a hunch.
Yuya's next four MCS opponents
After reading the JYC information, the first round had 32 matches and the second round has 16 matches. That means the third round will have eight matches, the fourth will have four, the fifth will have two, and sixth round is the finale. Yuya (as well as Yuzu and Gongenzaka) advanced to the third round, so Yuya needs four victories to win the JYC. So, here are the guesses. Note:
Reiji won't duel Yuya in the JYC because he is the host and doesn't participate in MCS at all, and second, he is too old and even if he would participate, he would be either in the Youth Championship or in the Pro Championship.
- Kurosaki. Probably in the final or semi-finals, but he could also be an early opponent, so Yuya can clarify the confusion as soon as possible.
- Yuzu and/or Gongenzaka, probably more Yuzu than Gongenzaka.
- One of the two LDS exchange students, Dennis and Khalil. Possibly even both if he's "lucky".
- The ace of the Knight School. They do look suspicious.
- A member of Academia, who infiltrates the tournament.
- If episode 42's name and synopsis is any indication, a battle royale is going to happen.
- This might be unrelated to the MCS. My guess it would be Reiji vs Serena vs Yuri or Reiji vs Serena & Yuri.
His name just screams for that.