Manna crystals are Khaydarin crystals and Dark Manna is The Void, tainted by the Cthulhu from The Voice In The Darkness, making Dark Manna crystals Argus Gems.I mean, come on, concentrated magical energy? That happens to be electric blue? The only thing missing is a Xel'naga temple. The Great Old One sleeping in the core of the world is not fully awake, so his foul presence merely drives Void users mad, rather than Taking them over.
Natani is Kane.The Pillar of Light seen in strip #526 was actually an Ion Cannon, and Natani is the only survivor of the blast. Why? Because he's the Dark Messiah.
- TRACE LIVES IN DEATH!!!! PEACE THROUGH POWER!!!! FOR NOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!! (Boom) XD
- Partly Jossed. Flora and Kieth have survived and are up and moving
- Alternatively, it's a heavily modified Dwarf Fortress. That's how Gen. Alabaster knew so much, he was the Bookkeeper.
Trace and Flora have visited, or will visit, a version of Earth.There are a handful of Yosh comics where the two guest-stared. And while these comics aren't stated to be canon, neither are they stated to be non-canon. The fact that no mention of the characters visiting another world has been made in TwoKinds yet points to the visits being yet to happen in the TwoKinds series.
As a corollary, Trace and Flora will time travel to the time of Yosh.
- I admit that I don't read that many furry comics (really just these two), but Yosh seems to be like an Urban Fantasy version of TwoKinds. Humanoid animals walk as freely among humans as Fantastic Racism will allow them to, a small handful of people can use magic, and every once in a while a fantastic creature that doesn't fit the regular races shows up, like a dragon or a troll. In the future, The Magic Goes Away, as the Keidran and the Bastilin interbreed with the humans, they begin to look just like humans. But when The Magic Comes Back, their latent Keidran DNA resurfaces, creating the Chimera.
Twokinds is in a Stable Time LoopTrace eventually gets corrupted by the dark power in his system and goes back in time on a murdering rampage. This is why he spared Laura when he came across her 5 years ago, because she reminded him of Flora.
- Note that this would make him infinitely old, though.
- Not if he DID manage to perfect that anti-aging magic he wanted to make for Flora
The world where the protagonists are is only a part of the whole worldIt was mentioned that the humans came from the sea. So, the humans aren't from there. It's maybe just a continent.
- I agree. Their "world map" should only go halfway around the planet. It's probably a continent the size of Eurasia.
- Someone has said that Keith, in everything that we have seen in the story and flashback, has seen pretty much the whole world. We can assume that their world is much smaller than ours at least.
- He COULD be misguided in this regard or they are referring to the "known" world. The supposed bigger continent could be much more technologically primitive like Africa and North and South America were in comparison to Europe and Asia.
Overuse of Black Mana will turn Trace into a KeidranThis might just be a bit far-fetched, but look at his hand and tell me that it doesn't look at least SOMEWHAT animal-esque.
related to above. Overuse of Dark Manna will turn Trace into an undead monster.Dark manna is more-or-less necromancy, and The Corruption to boot. Flesh turns black in the end stages of decomposition. We'll probably see the black parts burst and liquefy, then turn into skeleton bits.
Mike and Evals are going to put Eric in Cement Shoes, and then over the side.
- The newest chapter is titled "Mutiny!"
- Yeah, that'll end well... How do they intend to explain to all the port authorities why a bunch of Keidrans are suddenly running the known Slave Trading Vessel? Owned by a human? Even if that wasn't a problem, Kat might sooner pitch them over the side then watch Eric get killed.
- I never said it would end well.
- Maybe not Mike and Evals, but Flora might if the 1/23/13 strip is anything to go by...
- Jossed, jossed, and jossed. Turned out that the whole chapter was to show Eric's Good Is Not Nice side and led to a brutal "What the Hell, Hero?" verbal beat down to Eric by Kat and will lead to Mike, Evals, and Kat getting their freedom.
The Law Catching UpThat being said, $10 says that the Templars catch on to Eric and Trace's scheme with the slaves and that Eric will be forced to flee in disgrace. His brother Roderick may even get involved (whether that includes his loyalty being called into question orhim personally taking up the quest to track his brother down).
Trace's hair and eyes contain natural mana stores.They're the colour they are because they are pigmented by miniscule mana crystals. It also helps explain his proficiency and power in magic to an extent. When using dark mana, his hair becomes darker as the mana is drained from it, just as with ordinary mana crystals. Like ordinary mana crystals, they can recharge, restoring them to their original colour some time after dark mana use.
Keidran were created by Neutral.Like in our world, once humans got the ability to use weapons, they quickly became the best predators by far. Neutral does not like one side winning. So to compensate, Neutral took all of the other species that serve as apex predators and gave them all the advantages humans have: human-level intelligence and bipedal form. Either they are less effective at magic because they are physically stronger, or else this happened before humans started using magic as much as they do. This explains why all Keidran are of carnivorous species.
Neutral is actually NOT.It's actually Lawful Evil, and further evidence will definitely show up later on.
General Alabaster killed Keith's Mother, out of scorned jealousy.That was not the reaction of someone who thinks his best friend is about to screw up his life. That was the reaction of someone who decided to Murder the Hypotenuse.
Bisexuality is not uncommon among BasitinWell, when you're only allowed to have sex with the opposite sex once a year, things happen.
- And see the above WMG.
- No one seems to be surprised that Alaric is attracted to Keith, just that he shows it so blatantly.
Trace won't have to worry about outliving Flora.Because he's already killing himself with Black Magic. The first time he crossed the line after his first wife Saria was killed, he went absolutely bugfuck nuts not out of grief, but because he tried to use Black Magic to save her. He's used it twice more in defense of Flora, and has already lost the use of his right hand. If he keeps it under control, they'll have a similar lifespan, enough to watch their child(ren?) grow up. If not, Flora is going to end up mourning him.
Maddie Addie is a ghost.No mere mortal could possibly create the stack seen on this page. Poltergeists have been known to do that kind of thing. Also her maddening habit of disappearing sans evidence she was ever on the ship...
- Jossed see Maddie's relationship below.
Maddie Addie is related to King AdelaideMadelyn Adelaide shares a name with the Basitin king, she might even be her daughter for all we know. That and she seems almost adult size and is only thirteen, maybe the height thing is hereditary.
- And her witnessing Keith's duels was no accident, the king sent her.
- Confirmed see page 821.
Neutral intends for Flora and Trace's child to be a messiah figureOnly Flora and Trace are going to be allowed to have a Half-Human Hybrid offspring, so that this offspring will either be a messiah to lead humans and Keidran to peace, or else a puppet for Neutral.
Neutral has removed the restriction on Half Human Hybrids as a wholeBecause this makes more sense than the above. If the humans and Keidran can actually crossbreed with each other, it becomes a whole lot easier for them to see each other as "people" and not "animals". At the very least, it means some remnants of the Keidran race will survive, through their half-breed offspring, if the worst comes to the worst.
As an addendum to the above, Neutral has also made Keidran/Basitan crossbreeding viable, and/or has allowed for Human/Basitan crossbreedingIf the Keidran can cross with both humans and Basitan, well, that furthers the logic behind letting humans and Keidran bear children together. And if all three races can interbreed at will, that's one way to eventually promote peace.
Roderick's Weapon is Meant to be Used as a GuillotineEric's brother carries a strange blade. At first glance the thing looks completely impractical, but it could be meant for aereo strikes. The weapon would be horribly unbalanced if swung like a sword, but if Roderick used magic and his natural strength to propel himself upwards, he could use the weapon like a Guillotine. The weapon would be much more useful if the center part was where the strike would occur. Furthermore, it would be useful sneak attacks launched from trees, rooftops, or towers. Any hit made by the weapon would certainly cut the target in half, incapacitating or outright killing the unfortunate victim. Finally, the weapon makes for a good psychological weapon due to its size and sharp cutting edge. This would also explain why Roderick is often sent on night missions. The weapon would be much more useful as a surprise attack weapon. The only issue is that the weapon retains it's shiny appearance which would give it away in the moonlight, though, that may be the point if, again, he used it as a psychological weapon. Imagine seeing the glint of the huge blade at night which is followed quickly by an aereo assault that, if enhanced by magic, would cut trees, rocks, people, and the ground itself in half. While not practical in a straight fight, Roderick would be a good hit and run fighter (assuming he could use magic and/or a Charles Atlas Superpower to enhance his jumping ability and not shatter his wrists with every attack) who would strike fear into his enemies. In extended combat, he would almost certainly be joined by other warriors who would have more conventional weaponry.
Raine's magic shackle is killing NataniWhen Raine's Magic suppressing shackle was placed on Zen, Natani immediately collapsed. Natani relies on his magic link with his brother in order to fill in the damaged parts of his soul and keep him alive. When the shackle was placed on Zen, their link was broken, leaving Natani with only his own broken soul and in serious danger of dying unless the link is reestablished.
- Assuming, of course, that his soul has not healed over the years.
- In the March 4 2015 comic, after Keith sweeps out of the room, Natani can be seen whispering his name, even though it's implied he's been in a death-like coma since Zen was shackled. So that's some evidence for the "his soul is healing" theory. Of course, if Natani's soul resettles in the places where Zen's was taken out, that could lead to personality changes; Misaimed Fandom aside, Word of God is that Natani ended up as a "sort of" transgender due to having his brother's male soul used to "plug the gaps". With those pieces out and his own soul grown back, Natani may become more "female" - at the very least, more comfortable with his body and/or his sexual attraction to Keith, even if he probably will still have some fairly "male" attitudes.
The illusion Laura actually was Laura, for a short timeThe magic is stated to show the target's hearts desire, and Keith's desire was to have Laura. Yet, even when told this, he doesn't even consider it, despite his usual tendencies towards being The Straight Man of the group. His subconcious, however, does. When "Laura" stops acting like an illusion designed to kill someone, and starts acting like Laura, is the moment that Keith's heart, not his mind, changes: His desire isn't Laura, but the ''real'' Laura. This, naturally, isn't how the magic is designed, but it has been shown to be generally unstable. Maybe, just maybe, the magic was able to pull Laura from whatever dead world this thing has just long enough for her to convince Keith to get over her. Or...
The illusion magic is disrupted if the hearts desire changes mid-spellAs a second ending to the first paragraph above, maybe the magic can't withstand a sudden change in desire. As Natani says, the illusion stays until the target is taken out, and naturally, most people would, rather suddenly, gain the desire to stop bleeding if they were shot with an arrow. Not to mention that the "Laura" arc contradicts that statement by having Keith avoid dying rather easily, once his desire stops being Laura. But what did it change to? Why, Natani of course! An interspecies rom-dram-wham-com will naturally have some interspecies Shipteasing, plus it helps to explain when "Laura" looks at Natani in the way (Natani thinks) she does, despite the spell just being an illusion.
The titular Riftwall of the Riftwall Tavern is still functional-you just don't want to go to its new location.The Riftwall's black coloring is due to it now leading to the source of all black mana, ie the Lighter and Softer Immaterium. Nobody's noticed, because none of Adira's customers are dumb enough to go through the black evil-looking mirror with odd reflections, or she's smart enough to wall it off.
Trace will do battle with his dark shadow self, aided by avatars of his friendsIn an effort to bring back old trace outside forces will force his memories to return, but what they will get is old traces knowledge and skill with new traces outlook and personality.