Manna crystals are Khaydarin crystals
and Dark Manna is The Void, tainted by the Cthulhu
from The Voice In The Darkness
, making Dark Manna crystals Argus Gems.
I mean, come on, concentrated magical energy?
That happens to be electric blue? The only thing missing is a Xel'naga
temple. The Great Old One sleeping in the core of the world is not fully awake, so his foul presence merely drives Void users mad, rather than Taking them over
The Pillar of Light
seen in strip #526
was actually an Ion Cannon
, and Natani is the only survivor of the blast. Why? Because she's the Dark Messiah
- TRACE LIVES IN DEATH!!!! PEACE THROUGH POWER!!!! FOR NOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!! (Boom) XD
- Partly Jossed. Flora and Kieth have survived and are up and moving
This is why the Masks treat the world like a game, because to them it is
a game. They even have their own factions. Oh, but this isn't any old game, it's Civilization
running a fantasy-style mod. This also explains some of the Schizo Tech
, it's just the players teching up.
- Alternatively, it's a heavily modified Dwarf Fortress. That's how Gen. Alabaster knew so much, he was the Bookkeeper.
Trace and Flora have visited, or will visit, a version of Earth.
There are a handful of Yosh!
comics where the two guest-stared. And while these comics aren't stated to be canon, neither are they stated to be non-canon. The fact that no mention of the characters visiting another world has been made in TwoKinds
yet points to the visits being yet to happen in the TwoKinds
As a corollary, Trace and Flora will time travel
to the time of Yosh!
- I admit that I don't read that many furry comics (really just these two), but Yosh seems to be like an Urban Fantasy version of TwoKinds. Humanoid animals walk as freely among humans as Fantastic Racism will allow them to, a small handful of people can use magic, and every once in a while a fantastic creature that doesn't fit the regular races shows up, like a dragon or a troll. In the future, The Magic Goes Away, as the Keidran and the Bastilin interbreed with the humans, they begin to look just like humans. But when The Magic Comes Back, their latent Keidran DNA resurfaces, creating the Chimera.
Trace eventually gets corrupted by the dark power in his system and goes back in time on a murdering rampage. This is why he spared Laura when he came across her 5 years ago, because she reminded him of Flora.
- Note that this would make him infinitely old, though.
The world where the protagonists are is only a part of the whole world
It was mentioned that the humans came from the sea. So, the humans aren't from there. It's maybe just a continent.
- I agree. Their "world map" should only go halfway around the planet. It's probably a continent the size of Eurasia.
- Someone has said that Keith, in everything that we have seen in the story and flashback, has seen pretty much the whole world. We can assume that their world is much smaller than ours at least.
- He COULD be misguided in this regard or they are referring to the "known" world. The supposed bigger continent could be much more technologically primitive like Africa and North and South America were in comparison to Europe and Asia.
Overuse of Black Mana will turn Trace into a Keidran
This might just be a bit far-fetched, but look at his hand and tell me that it doesn't look at least SOMEWHAT animal-esque.
related to above. Overuse of Dark Manna will turn Trace into an undead
Dark manna is
, and The Corruption
to boot. Flesh turns black in the end stages of decomposition. We'll probably see the black parts burst and liquefy
, then turn into skeleton bits.
Mike and Evals are going to put Eric in Cement Shoes
, and then over the side.
- The newest chapter is titled "Mutiny!"
- Yeah, that'll end well... How do they intend to explain to all the port authorities why a bunch of Keidrans are suddenly running the known Slave Trading Vessel? Owned by a human? Even if that wasn't a problem, Kat might sooner pitch them over the side then watch Eric get killed.
- I never said it would end well.
- Maybe not Mike and Evals, but Flora might if the 1/23/13 strip is anything to go by...
- Jossed, jossed, and jossed. Turned out that the whole chapter was to show Eric's Good Is Not Nice side and led to a brutal "What the Hell, Hero?" verbal beat down to Eric by Kat and will lead to Mike, Evals, and Kat getting their freedom.
The Law Catching Up
That being said, $10 says that the Templars catch on to Eric and Trace's scheme with the slaves and that Eric will be forced to flee in disgrace. His brother Roderick may even get involved (whether that includes his loyalty being called into question orhim personally taking up the quest to track his brother down).
Trace's hair and eyes contain natural mana stores.
They're the colour they are because they are pigmented by miniscule mana crystals. It also helps explain his proficiency and power in magic to an extent. When using dark mana, his hair becomes darker as the mana is drained from it, just as with ordinary mana crystals. Like ordinary mana crystals, they can recharge, restoring them to their original colour some time after dark mana use.
Keidran were created by Neutral.
Like in our world, once humans got the ability to use weapons, they quickly became the best predators by far. Neutral does not like one side winning. So to compensate, Neutral took all of the other species that serve as apex predators and gave them all the advantages humans have: human-level intelligence and bipedal form. Either they are less effective at magic because they are physically stronger, or else this happened before humans started using magic as much as they do. This explains why all Keidran are of carnivorous species.
Neutral is actually NOT.
It's actually Lawful Evil
, and further evidence will definitely show up later on.
That was not the reaction of someone who thinks his best friend is about to screw up his life. That was the reaction of someone who decided to Murder the Hypotenuse
Bisexuality is not uncommon among Basitin
Well, when you're only allowed to have sex with the opposite sex once a year, things happen.
- And see the above WMG.
- No one seems to be surprised that Alaric is attracted to Keith, just that he shows it so blatantly.
Trace won't have to worry about outliving Flora.
Because he's already killing himself with Black Magic
. The first time he crossed the line after his first wife Saria was killed, he went absolutely bugfuck nuts not out of grief, but because he tried to use Black Magic to save
her. He's used it twice more in defense of Flora, and has already lost the use of his right hand. If he keeps it under control, they'll have a similar lifespan, enough to watch their child(ren?) grow up. If not, Flora is going to end up mourning him.
Maddie Addie is a ghost.
No mere mortal could possibly create the stack seen on this page
have been known to do that kind of thing. Also her maddening habit of disappearing sans evidence she was ever on the ship...
- Jossed see Maddie's relationship below.
Maddie Addie is related to King Adelaide
Madelyn Adelaide shares a name with the Basitin king, she might even be her daughter for all we know. That and she seems almost adult size and is only thirteen, maybe the height thing is hereditary.
- And her witnessing Keith's duels was no accident, the king sent her.
- Confirmed see page 821.
Neutral intends for Flora and Trace's child to be a messiah figure
Only Flora and Trace are going to be allowed to have a Half-Human Hybrid
offspring, so that this offspring will either be a messiah to lead humans and Keidran to peace, or else a puppet for Neutral.
Because this makes more sense than the above. If the humans and Keidran can actually crossbreed with each other, it becomes a whole lot easier for them to see each other as "people" and not "animals". At the very least, it means some remnants of the Keidran race will survive, through their half-breed offspring, if the worst comes to the worst.
If the Keidran can cross with both humans and Basitan, well, that furthers the logic behind letting humans and Keidran bear children together. And if all three races can interbreed at will, that's one way to eventually promote peace.
Roderick's Weapon is Meant to be Used as a Guillotine
Eric's brother carries a strange blade.
At first glance the thing looks completely impractical, but it could be meant for aereo strikes. The weapon would be horribly unbalanced if swung like a sword, but if Roderick used magic and his natural strength to propel himself upwards, he could use the weapon like a Guillotine. The weapon would be much more useful if the center part was where the strike would occur. Furthermore, it would be useful sneak attacks launched from trees, rooftops, or towers. Any hit made by the weapon would certainly cut the target in half, incapacitating or outright killing the unfortunate victim. Finally, the weapon makes for a good psychological weapon due to its size and sharp cutting edge. This would also explain why Roderick is often sent on night missions. The weapon would be much more useful as a surprise attack weapon. The only issue is that the weapon retains it's shiny appearance which would give it away in the moonlight, though, that may be the point if, again, he used it as a psychological weapon. Imagine seeing the glint of the huge blade at night which is followed quickly by an aereo assault that, if enhanced by magic, would cut trees, rocks, people, and the ground itself in half. While not practical in a straight fight, Roderick would be a good hit and run fighter (assuming he could use magic and/or a Charles Atlas Superpower
to enhance his jumping ability and not shatter his wrists with every attack) who would strike fear into his enemies. In extended combat, he would almost certainly be joined by other warriors who would have more conventional weaponry.
Raine's magic shackle is killing Natani
When Raine's Magic suppressing shackle was placed on Zen
, Natani immediately collapsed. Natani relies on her magic link with her brother in order to fill in the damaged parts of her soul and keep her alive. When the shackle was placed on Zen, their link was broken, leaving Natani with only her own broken soul and in serious danger of dying unless the link is reestablished.
- Assuming, of course, that her soul has not healed over the years.