The Annihilator is . . .
- A Well-Intentioned Extremist
- A Fallen Hero
- A Noble Demon
- A Punch Clock Villain
- A Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds
- A Manipulative Bastard / Romantic False Lead: Worth considering. He hasn't done anything evil yet, but given the brevity of their romance, a few of his and the Platinum Priestess' expressions and lines and the assassination theory below... it's possible.
- As of Chapter 2, the Manipulative Bastard angle is indeed confirmed. Whether or not it actually meant anything to Ani whatsoever remains to be seen...
There's going to be a Discriminate and Switch...
- ... When the team finds out about Kyle and Anni.
Teammate: You can't have a thing for him! It's just wrong!Kyle: Why? Because we're both men?!Teammate: What? No! Because he's a villain.
Kyle's closet is pretty transparent to at least some of his teammates.
- Probably Commander, considering her powers.
Commander: Yeah, about that; I know.Kyle: How?Commander: Sweetie, what part of telepathy do you not understand?
- (Kyle had just come out:)
The assassination attempt on the Annihilator was a set-up by the Annihilator himself
- The Annihilator has already admitted that he is not above doing unscrupulous things to get what he wants, including putting other people's lives in danger, and that assassination attempt on him in Hong Kong seemed timed way too well to be random. How could Hunter and Killer possibly know Annihilator was going to be there? And even if Kyle was invisible, what were the chances as vigilantes they wouldn't have any heat-seeking visors for locating stealthy opponents? And Annihilator really had invisibility magic on-hand on the off-chance he'd need to hide Kyle? My guess is, Annihilator hired Hunter and Killer himself to make himself look good for Kyle, would also explain why he saved the one from the explosion, it wasn't because Kyle made him want to be a better person, it was because he had hired them and letting them die on the job would be bad business.
The Annihilator's is a Power Parasite Power Theft...
- ...that does so using sex. The Annihilator is the most feared supervillain the world has ever seen, with the Superpower Lottery. Except not really. He's actually a superpower Incubus who's stolen every power he's got from some unsuspecting schmuck (or schmuckette) through his rugged good looks. At the moment, he's using Kyle's repressed sexuality as a chance to add some more power to his collection and get some cheap thrills along the way. He also may be a Life Drinker out to steal Kyle's youth. There is, however, some doubt about whether Kyle's power comes with strings attached, given how its somehow different from other types.
Somehow, this is a trickBeing a villain is one thing, but plotting to sacrifice the vast majority of Earth's population to be ruled/eaten by the Devil? That's a Moral Event Horizon if I ever saw one (and hence make it completely unacceptable for Kyle to date him). The second Laampros goes through to Earth, he'll find himself in some sort of magic binding or something. That or, you know, he's a Romantic False Lead, as suggested above.
Paul/Fluke is gayAs of Chapter 3 he *has* been dropping some hints that he's interested in Kyle in a romantic way.
- Zigzagged? Not Paul but Flyboy said he, himself, was. Though as of yet no confirmation on romantic interest.
The Platinum Priestess' power comes from some other source that isn't hellSo far, it's confirmed that two conventional magic users are waddling around, and Spooky draws his powers from Hell. However, Sircea's magic has a different colour and effect, almost resembling holy magic. She's clearly very old and mysterious as well. Given her own time as being worshipped as a goddess, her powers are probably pagan in nature, from the old gods predating the abrahamic religions, and thus hell and heaven.
Sircea is Circe herselfBesides the name, she is also an old semi-divine being with light-based powers, so...
Kyle has a crush on Spooky.This page is pretty suggestive and Kyle's even blushing.