Animals don't just rule the island; they are almost the planet's entire population.That's why Billy wasn't all that surprised when his driver was a sentient frog. Everyone in the world is a sentient animal. It's almost like it's...a WILD WORLD!!!!
The island is an extension of Silent Hill
- Aside from the usual Yahtzee take, when Tom sends up the flare a siren goes off and everything gets red. Before coming into Camp,the Cap'n's car is enveloped in thick fog. We've been in the Fog World all this time, which is why none of the residents seem particularly monstrous, aside from being animals. Afterward, however...
- Therefore the Gyroids are artifacts from Silent Hill, whether they be placed there by The Order's God or were dumped there because they were too potent even for multi-versal demon worshipers.
Billy didn't cross because his favorite animal is man.
- Humans are animals, too. And he says he's "not the same Billy".
- Wait... Are you suggesting that humans can cross into humans? That'd be awfully redundant...
- Jossed by the anti-box ending, in which Billy turns into a rabbit.
Animals turn into more gyroids.
Animals turn into humans.