WMG: The Final Sacrifice
The grandmother/aunt/old lady was part of the cult or was disposed of by the cult.The cult happens to show up after she discovers the boy had found the map, and is never seen again. Maybe she told the cult. Maybe the cult got her by telling her she had to work the night shift.
The whole movie is a stealth homage/parody of the first Star Wars movie.Consider the following:
- Troy: whiny orphan raised by overbearing relative who doesn't want to talk about the past (Luke Skywalker).
- Zapp: Gruff, cynical, pragmatic former bad guy with a temperamental old vehicle, allegedly cooler than Troy (Han Solo).
- Mike Pipper: Grizzled old hermit who was a friend of Troy's father, knows ancient mystical secrets, and occasionally smokes a pipe (Obi-Wan Kenobi).
- Satoris: Dresses in black, speaks with an unnaturally deep voice, possesses vaguely-defined magical powers, leads an army of faceless ineffectual mooks (Darth Vader).
Rowsdower is actually related to Ricky from Trailer Park Boys.
- He lives in his truck.
- He seems to do nothing but drink and pass out for a living.
- He bears a physical resemblance to Ricky
- Ricky's last name is never used in the entire course of the series or the movies.
- Ricky Rowsdower.