Sofia is King Roland's bastard daughter
- To put it simply, Sofia's mother, Miranda, had an affair with King Roland, producing Sofia, years ago when his wife was still alive, and waited for her (his queen) to die so he can make Miranda his queen. Seriously, Sofia looks more like him than the other two kids.
- Fanon truth perhaps, but somehow I doubt it would be revealed on the show.
- In terms of Fanon this kind of falls under one of those "logical answer but not stated in the show" scenarios. Yes, Sofia is much closer in appearance to the King than the others, and yes it makes sense that he wouldn't just scoop up a random peasant and put her in the line of royal succession (albeit nobody seemed to mind). But, of course, Disney isn't going to "go there"...or maybe they will, who knows. It wouldn't require them to throw around terms like "bastard" or make it seem so "adult"...though the idea that Sofia the First is akin to Disney's John Snow in the Princess Mythos is hilarious.
- Based on that, the whole "love at first sight" thing when the King summoned Miranda to the palace was something staged he and Miranda planned from the very beginning to avoid admitting the affair.
- Perhaps he resents James and Amber (albeit trying to hide it since he somewhat knows it's not their fault) for being fruit of a marriage he didn't want and favors Sofia as a result.
- This would also explain why he gave Sofia her amulet, when you would think he would have already given such an important heirloom to Amber, his daughter he's known since birth, years ago. It's almost as if he knew he about Sofia for years...
- Although, given how little was required for Sofia to trigger the "curse" part of the amulet, Amber would probably bring the Ten Plagues of Egypt down on herself within a day or so if she wore it.
- "The Curse of Princess Ivy" is enough proof of that. Amber goes as far as to actually steal the amulet in this special. As a result, Princess Ivy comes as punishment.
- A later episode showed why King Roland chose to give Sofia the amulet. In short, he was going to give her a different gift, but the amulet "chose" her.
- Roland and Miranda also had to wait for Birk Balthazar's death.
- This could also explain Baileywick's comment to King Roland in "The Buttercups" that Sofia specifically reminded him of Roland. Baileywick might not know/suspect anything (although he probably would since he seems to know everything), but it could be further evidence that Sofia has inherited more than just Roland's looks in having similar personality traits.
The series takes place in one of Phineas and Ferb's many parallel universes
- Hence the Tri-Kingdom area instead of the Tri-State area. Specifically a fairy-tale universe, obviously. Is Cedric possibly connected to Doofenshmirtz? Maybe.
- Similar level of competence perhaps…..
- Actually the episode "Excaliferb" had a Tri-Kingdom Area. As it was a medieval fairy tale/fantasy setting. And Doofensmirtz was "Malefi-Smirtz" (Even dressing the same) though to be fair, it had more "Dungeons & Dragons, Lord of the Rings, and King Arthur" references than Disney Fairy-Tale references.
- And there's a song Once per Episode.
King Magnus is an expy of King Robert Baratheon
Based on the above, it's the same universe of the Tri-Province Area and Princess Isabella will attend Royal Prep
- Doofus Khan was the reason it wasn't safe for Princess Isabella to venture outdoors with other kids. Once he's defeated, Regent Monogram will enroll her at Royal Prep.
A future episode will have Sofia's amulet summon Princess Leia.
- Since Star Wars is now owned by Disney, Leia is a now Disney princess. And since Sofia's amulet can summon ANY Disney Princess, she will be able to summon Leia.
- What about Honey Lemon? She's close enough to a modern princess. And the episode she could appear in will teach little girls that science is cool.
- Nowhere in the movie, states or even implies she's a Princess aside from WMGs that she's descended from Rapunzel. Even then that's fanon.
- What about Honey Lemon? She's close enough to a modern princess. And the episode she could appear in will teach little girls that science is cool.
Wormwood will become the real big bad of the series
- In the final few episodes of the series (or even more likely the series finally), Sofia will give Cedric the amulet to prove that she believes in him and is the final act to cause Cedric to have that heel face turn we all know is coming. Wormwood takes the chance to steal the amulet and uses it to reveal that he was an evil sorcerer cursed into a raven's body.
- Well, it wouldn't be different from what Lanny's pet fish Yamakoshi turned out to be in Pair of Kings
- Why "Cursed into a Raven's body?" He can probably change his form at will, with Cedric none the wiser.
- It was recently implied, however, that Cedric actually created Wormwood from a rock, making it unlikely he shares any ties to previous villains. He still may well end up the Big Bad, however. Ignoring all other evidence to the point, the name Wormwood may come from its usage in the Biblical book of Revelations, wherein Wormwood is a 'star' that will descend in the end times, poisoning much of Earth's water and causing great destruction. Basically, they named a creature already associated with omens of misfortune after a harbinger of the apocalypse. ...Yeah, it's fairly safe to assume he'll get more evil spotlight at some point.
- A kicker to that? There are several theories on what the Biblical Wormwood actually is. Some think an angel, some think a metaphor. Some think a comet which could literally impact the planet. Which is to say, that Wormwood could be a sort of rock.
The King's first marriage was arranged.
- Roland II loved a peasant (Miranda) but his father arranged somebody else.
- Actually even if the movie takes place in the future where we somehow went back to wearing gowns and stuff- No matter what time period-past present or the future Heirs to the throne have to ask their monarch's permission to get married or risk being drawn out of the sucession. Look at what happened with Prince Charles when he couldn't marry his first choice, Lady Camilla. Prince William also had to ask Queen Elizabeth to marry his wife.
- Roland's first wish mentioned in "When You Wish Upon a Well" as probably to be allowed to marry Miranda in spite of her being a peasant. But as we see in the episode, you have to be careful with how you say the wish. So his wording was probably something like "I wish I could marry my true love". Or worst, his first wish may have led to his first wife's death.
Wormwood is Maleficent.
- That theory has been expressed by someone who posted the pilot at YouTube.
Royal Prep was created as a substitute to Arranged Marriages
- With one Rebellious Princess after another, several Kings and Queens decided to send their children there so they'd get along and minimize the chances they'd fall in love with people "not good enough".
It's set in the 1790s, 1780s or the Regency era, but in an Alternate Universe that has magic!Well, there's a court sorcerer, (but there's no mention of the French Revolution, so perhaps it's an alternate universe which also does not have said event. And the fashions... does this seem familiar to you?◊or this?◊ But Sofia's dress looks like it might belong from the 1850s.◊
- It's clearly not in our universe. There's mention of "the 17 seas" and the solar system they make for science class has 7 planets and a sun
- That would be consistent with a setting on Earth in the late 18th century. Neptune had not yet been discovered. Nor had Ceres, which is a large asteroid between Mars and Jupiter, thought to be a planet during much of the 19th century. A system with the sun surrounded by 7 planets would be a common representation of our solar system during this time period.
- It's clearly not in our universe. There's mention of "the 17 seas" and the solar system they make for science class has 7 planets and a sun
Sofia's classmates are the descendants of other Disney PrincessesI think Prince Zandar is related to Aladdin and Jasmine Prince Desmond and his sister Princess Mae are Descended from Beauty and the Beast.
- Look at a picture of Beauty and The human Beast, you can kind of see the resemblance
- Also, Desmond is very smart and good with flowers
- But why does Cinderella not appear with her kids?
- Descendant could imply more than one generation; it could be centuries in the future.
King Roland only pretended to be a lousy dancer so Sofia wouldn't feel bad about not having much time to practice before her debut ballThink about how he let one of his friends win some games during that Tri-Kingdom picnic.
Enchancia and Arendelle are neighbour kingdoms.The prove? The trolls! It may not be a coincidence that both kings and queens from different kingdoms have trolls as friends. Alternatively...
- Except the trolls are nothing alike. Unless there are different types of trolls in different lands, who are actually far cousins. Even then, just stating "They both have trolls" to proof continuity, is a massive stretch. Middle-Earth and Tamriel have trolls. Do they exist at the borders as well?
- Possibly confirmed, or both kingdoms have some form of relationship, as the next episode will feature Sofia meeting Olaf.
- Wrong. That meeting was a result of Miss Nettle's crazy crystals tampering with the Amulet of Avalor so it brought Olaf instead of Princess Anna or Queen Elsa.
Roland, the former king of Arendelle, and the queen of Corona are all siblings.
- Jossed. That would mean Amber is Rapunzel's cousin and this kinship would have been brought up in "Curse of Princess Ivy".
In the future, if Sofia has a daughter, she'll be named Sofia the Second.
- That goes without saying. Not really a "guess" because that's how royalty actually works. (Granted she names her daughter Sofia)
- If that were true, Sofia would have a stepbrother named Roland the Third.
- Might I point out because Sofia doesn't really understand how monarch works. She doesn't understand that you don't get to be (number X) until you're on the throne-(or after your off on the situation). For all we know one of Prince James' many names might be Roland. So when (presumably) he becomes King he might choose one of his other names. George VI was known as "Bertie" for most of his life until he become King when his brother Edward VIII abdicated the throne. Number don't apply to Princess (or Princes) but because Sofia doesn't really understand that being too young.
- By that logic, it's still a guess since Sofia will have to become a ruling monarch on her own right instead of being a Queen Consort like her mother and give her name to a daughter who'll also become a ruling monarch and use "Sofia" as a regnal name.
Aunt Tilly abdicated the throneIt's stated she's King Roland's older sister. Given that male supremacy to the throne in royal heirs isn't something Disney has ever really brought up, she was probably slated to be Queen but gave up the throne so she'd be free to have adventures.
- Alternatively, each monarch is entitled to pick any of his/her children to become the next one and Roland the First chose his son.
King Roland married Miranda so Sofia could inherit the throne.Or, at the very least, so she could help shape up his children so they could be decent royals one day. My theory is that James and Amber's mother spoiled them constantly. Obviously, Amber handled it worse, with her selfish short-sightedness, but James' still has a tendency towards boorishness and bad temper. Any efforts Roland made to try and discipline them was contradicted by his wife, to whom his marriage was probably arranged, as above theories speculate. When his wife died, he tried to undo the damage done to his children, but either realized they were beyond help, or realized he needed help. He found his solution when he met Miranda, realizing she had a humble, sweet, well-mannered daughter. This is probably why Roland gave Sofia the amulet instead of, say, his own children, because he never plans on letting them inherit the throne. When he dies, she really is going to become Sofia the First. Or, as stated, he wants Sofia to help him help his children become better people so they can inherit the throne one day.
- First off, Monarchy doesn't work that way. The firstborn will always be King or Queen unless they die or willingly pass it up. Also, How can Sofia help her siblings inherit the throne, if she's already Queen?
- Monarchy in fiction works the way the writers want it to.
- Now that Sofia is going to be inheriting Aunt Tilly's role, her also inheriting the throne is probably Jossed, as it'd be way too hard for one person to do both.
The Amulet of Avalor doesn't actually summon princesses through time; it creates simulacrums of the princesses specifically designed to guide the wearer into doing what's right.Admittedly this is a pretty crazy guess, but that's why we have Wild Mass Guesses. This could explain any minor inconsistencies noted by Sofia the First fans, such as Cinderella portraying her conflict with her siblings as just a spat that could have been resolved by talking. The Amulet of Avalor seems like an artifact specifically designed to guide princesses along the correct ethical path; it's possible that instead of actually summoning Disney Princesses, it summons a reasonable facsimile of the needed Princess but "writes the script", so to speak, as to what the princess needs to say to coax Sofia into taking the correct course of action.
The Amulet of Avalor does summon "real" princesses- but the official Disney Princess Lineup is, in this universe, actually a pantheon of DEITIES.Similar to the above theory, this would speculate that the "truest" of princesses ascend to goddess-hood, with their domains associated with the stories they were best known for in life. This would explain Ariel's being a mermaid even with all her knowledge as well as Rapunzel's golden hair. It also explains why everyone recognizes them. Perhaps in this world, the goddesses are known to help mortals, but only rarely. Everyone has heard of them, and everyone knows what they look like, but their intervention is still rare enough to explain the surprise when people see them. Additionally, it explains their uncanny knowledge of the problems at hand upon their arrival, with rarely a hint of explanation needed. Tiana does say "if what Mama Odie told me was true", but this could be an exceptional case given Tiana is the most modern-day official princess, or she could be referring to an explanation she received of what her role as a deity would be.(I believe Tiana is also the only princess to introduce herself, perhaps because she is the newest goddess; or perhaps because as a goddess she is timeless, but from mortal perspective she hasn’t been born yet. :V) Finally, it works well with the case of Princess Ivy. While other princesses appear to faintly glow at times, Ivy does not. While other princesses show up with a "Hello Sofia" and immediate advice, Ivy shows up with "Where am I?" Unlike the others, she is not a classic princess, and not part of the Princess Pantheon; she is a living princess who was summoned only through space, not realms. (It does still connect ‘all the princesses who ever were’.) Which means that while the amulet offers divine protection, it only offers physical retribution, which goes in line with Roland's knowledge of it. While it is a dual-edged sword, it is primarily a Good artifact, after all.
If Cedric ever gets his hands on the Amulet, he'll end up summoning King Candy.It would give himself a good look at his own egotism and selfishness - and through Turbo, a look at where such things can lead.
- So the amulet can also summon villains depending on who's holding it? Also keep in mind that Cedric was never that evil to begin with, and in fact has been becoming a better person as the series' progresses. He doesn't need a villain to "show him the error of his ways"
- The amulet apparently can summon villains - Promos for the upcoming "Curse of Princess Ivy" say that Amber gets her hands on the amulet and summons the evil Princess Ivy,
- Maybe he'll summon Queen Elsa. She's not a villain, but I imagine she could talk to him about how it was only with sisterly love that she found happiness, and have it parallel his friendship with Sofia.
There will be an episode where Megara will help her(She's not a Princess, but then again neither is Mulan so....) She will sing to help Sofia learn that you shouldn't be ashamed of asking for help. But she can't sing the song on her own, so she has the Muses help her, to further structure the lesson.
James will marry Sofia and they'll become King and Queen of EnchanciaThey're Not Blood Siblings after all.
Miranda will outlive Roland and become the next ruler's Royal Advisor
Birk Balthazar isn't realFollowing that theory about Sofia being Roland's bastard daughter, Roland and Miranda made up Birk Balthazar to cover up.
The Series Finale will reveal something important about Sofia's birth father and/or James and Amber's birth mother
Anna and Elsa's appearance is being saved for the Series Finale.Although they are very popular nowadays, it wouldn't make sense to have them appear ASAP. Maybe they are being saved for a big event in the series like the Series Finale.
- I don't know if they'd wait that long, but they might be saving them for a movie special at least like Rapunzel in "Ivy"? Olaf at least is going to appear in a regular episode.
Being a princess bride is enough for the Amulet of Avalor even if she doesn't marry the Prince she's engaged toThat's the reason the amulet works on Mulan and viewers can expect it to work on Giselle. Princess Anna will join them and Amber will be wondering things like "Is that a real Princess?" or "Are you sure Queen Elsa is the only one with magical powers in Arendelle's Royal Family?"
The 2014 Maleficent film will be referenced.
- Sofia and her step siblings will hear two versions of Aurora's story - one closer to Sleeping Beauty and one closer to Maleficent, and will ask Aurora what version of the story is the true version. We won't find out her answer.
- Jossed. Aurora only mentions her forest friends in her cameo.
Disney will make a live-action movie focused on Roland and MirandaIt'll be their story but Sofia will be the official protagonist. It'll be focused on their feeling for each other from the very moment they first met until the moment they become a married couple. It'll feature antagonists trying to prevent the marriage and one of them will be a widow from "good family" with two daughters of their own. Obvious reference but not everyone will put it past Disney. Cedric won't be an antagonist because the story takes place before he learns the Amulet of Avalor. The amulet will only make a cameo in a scene with Roland deciding what he'll give Sofia as a welcoming gift.
The amulet will summon Candace's royal look-alikeThat Princess from Drusselstein is a Disney character after all. In fact, Candace herself might be an option after her brief time as Queen of Mars.
Valeria Richards or Valeria Von Doom will appear in one episodeEither as Doom's daughter or goddaughter, she's a Latverian "Princess" and the Marvelverse belongs to Disney. Practically everyone in the castle will be on their tiptoes around her out of fear of wronging someone under Doom's protection. Doom being from the "future" doesn't make this impossible because he's no stranger to Time Travel and must not be underestimated.
The Amulet of Avalor will summon Princess Calla of Dunwyn.Sofia the First takes place where creatures like the gummi bears can be real even if most humans don't believe they exist.
Cedric's older sister is Mary Poppins.They're both tall, dark, slender, and British. They also share quaint old-fashioned names, magical powers and a preference for long robes or coats. More importantly, they have an appeal for small children (though this is rather accidental on Cedric's part). Mary would have been a much better Royal Sorcerer of course, but she had other ambitions.
- More likely that Cedric is related to Bert, given that both of them have "English" accents that are quite atrocious.
- Or Doctor Doofenshmirtz.
- Jossed. Cedric's sister is Cordelia the Conjurer.
- If anyone in this show is or is going to be related to Mary Poppins, it would be Aunt Tilly. Mary could easily be her descendant.
- Or Aunt Tilly was trained in the same place Mary does.
The show takes place in the present day, only magic is used instead of tech.Two words: fist bump.
Wormwood is Maleficent's raven from the original movieMagically immune to aging, biding his time, waiting to get the amulet for himself to use it to resurrect Maleficent. Which will be the series' finale. Maybe Sofia will use the power of friendship in which her entire family, friends, Cedric and the Princesses of the past will be summoned into a final confrontation though being a Disney Junior show, there is no actual fighting, but instead Sofia uses the Amulet (Which she gets back at some point) to project the love of all her friends, family and princess mentors to defeat Maleficent
Roland was once female, but changed by the wishing well
- As a child, Roland was a girl who wished on the well to have been born able to rule Enchancia some day. The only problem was the law states unless there's a male heir, the oldest sibling gets to take over the kingdom and Tilly was first in line. So the well changed the younger princess into a boy and made it so that she had been born that way, meaning nobody knew he had once been a she and there was nobody she felt who would believe her and help her change back. So only Roland remembers and has had to deal with the confusion since.
- That would mean Roland was either too afraid of making things worse by trying to undo the wish or decided being the ruler was more important.
- By extension, the reason why Roland knows that the amulet protects princesses is because the former queen had hoped to pass it along to one of her daughters if/when they were ready for it and so told them both about it.
The kingdom operates on male preference succession
- This has been brought up, but really we have no proof against it and plenty of proof for it. Tilly is older than Roland, and Amber is older than James (by a few minutes) but Roland still constantly reminds James that he will be king someday and changes the subject when Amber demands it. This will get a episode dedicated to it at some point.
- The episode dedicated to it will make reference to England and the recent changes made to succession rules there and will first be aired the same say Queen Elizabeth II will break Queen Victoria's record as England's longest reigning monarch or, if not ready in time for this, will first air the day "Queen Diana" would visit Washington, D.C. if the 2015 described in that film became real.
- He is 20 years older than Sofia
- JOSSED Wordof God said that he and King Rolland are on their late 30's
Cedric will end up marrying Sofia
- Sofia will give up her title for this
One of the characters has a tatto
- Just because...
Princess Ivy lives at the Isle of the Lost.
- Her dress was Cruella's design and she has a crush on Carlos.
The Prince who joined Amber's Adventure Club is Cinderella's son.
- His name is Chad. In the movie Descendants, Cinderella has a son named Chad. He had a lot of negative Character Development from the small child he's portrayed as in "Sofia the First" to the jerkass he is in "Descendants". I don't think so because of the fact Sofia's Kingdom is very different then United States of Aurodon. For one thing there's magic in Enchia and there isn't in Aurdon (magic is OUTLAWED) according to the youtube specials made for the movie prior to the movie
- If those specials were canon, Princess Audrey would have reported Mal for using magic on people's hairs. Prince Ben might have refused to do anything about it but she could have reported it to King Beast and Queen Belle. They were quite reluctant about having Maleficent's daughter in Auradon.
- As for Enchancia being different from the United States of Auradon, maybe not all Kingdoms agreed to join and King Beast decided it'd be conter-productive to force those that didn't.
Roland is responsible for Tilly's unusual behavior.Back when they were kids, King Roland I, unlike previous Kings of Enchancia, didn't care if the next ruler was male or female and would pick Princess Matilda as Enchancia's next ruler. Prince Roland was upset but couldn't do anything about it until he found a wish-granting water feature and wished to be chosen instead of his sister. The water feature granted the wish by making Tilly behave in a way King Roland I deemed unfit for a ruling monarch. Prince Roland wouldn't try to undo the wish because he was afraid he'd mess up again, a fear that would later be proven reasonable when Princess Amber wished Princess Sofia would no longer be a purple cat.
The events of "The Secret Library" will result in a diplomatic incident.Prince Roderick will go to Enchancia to complain about "stolen" horses and a pair of invaders who claimed to be Princess Sofia of Enchancia and her Aunt Tilly.
Prince Roderick has a twin brother named Daniel.Daniel will be a Shout-Out to a franchise now owned by Disney that features a set of twins named Roderick and Daniel.note
The other four rules are those mentioned in Aladdin.During the "Genie Rules" song, Sergeant Fizz says he'll make Kazeem follow all 200 rules but later admits that, technically, there are 204 rules. The other four are rules restricting what genies are allowed to do regardless of being wished to: don't kill; don't make anyone fall in love; don't resurrect; and none of the three wishes can be used to wish for more wishes.
- That, and also "No substitutions, exchanges, or refunds."
The series takes place in Etheria.It's a distant future where technology has been long destroyed because the Etherians from the old days associated it to the Horde and the Whispering Woods became a part of the Kingdom of Enchancia, which had been founded some time between She-Ra's series and Sofia's. King Roland II and his subordinates were able to go ahead with the building of that road and almost took down that tree without magical interference from the Whispering Woods because they had no evil intentions about that.
King Roland II will cast a spell.Like everyone else who attended Royal Prep, the King was taught sorcery. No matter how much he forgot for not doing magic regularly, there's still something he remembers and he might have to use it for some kind of emergency.
How they're going to excuse Olaf's appearance in the show.Since he's certainly not a princess:
- The Amulet was going to send Elsa or Anna but they were both busy so Elsa got it to send Olaf instead.
- Olaf wasn't summoned by the Amulet, he was just in the neighborhood wandering around for some reason.
- Sofia runs into him in the enchanted library since it seems to be some kind of hub world for all the princesses' stories.
- Sofia goes to him when the library shows he's being threatened by Miss Nettle.
- All jossed but the first and fourth theories came close to the truth because it involved the Amulet and Miss Nettle. Miss Nettle's crazy crystals tampered with the Amulet, making it bring Olaf instead of a princess.
The formation of the United States of Auradon worried Enchancia and other nearby Kingdoms.Out of fear Beast would conquer them to expand Auradon's territory, Enchancia and several other Kingdoms signed a mutual defense treaty but, unlike the Kingdoms that became Auradon, they retained their autonomy.
Pocahontas will be featured in Journey To AvalorWhile she lacks the star power Cinderella, Ariel, and Rapunzel had, she's the only Princess that has yet to be shown, and each movie as featured a Disney Princess.
Princess Amber had her turn as "Queen for a Day" during the events of "Stormy Lani".There must be a reason Amber and James were absent from that episode.
Kronk will teach Sofia how to speak squirrel.The reason Sofia and her animal friends can't understand Whatnaught is that squirrels speak a language of their own so they need to be taught.
The Amulet of Avalor is subtly reforming Cedric to be the perfect Royal Sorcerer for Sofia's reign.The Amulet has a will of its own, meting out rewards and punishments as necessary. The Amulet knows that Cedric wouldn't stoop to harming Sofia to take possession of it, so when it does punish him for bad behavior, it doesn't do anything too horrible to him. However, it has also manipulated events so that he has been in the position of protecting Sofia and her family and friends. This is also why Sofia never suspects Cedric's intentions to steal the amulet. The Amulet itself is keeping her blind to his scheming so that she'll be able to trust him without hesitation once he's fully reformed.