Sofia is King Roland's bastard daughter
- To put it simply, Sofia's mother, Miranda, had an affair with King Roland, producing Sofia, years ago when his wife was still alive, and waited for her (his queen) to die so he can make Miranda his queen. Seriously, Sofia looks more like him than the other two kids.
- Fanon truth perhaps, but somehow I doubt it would be revealed on the show.
- In terms of Fanon this kind of falls under one of those "logical answer but not stated in the show" scenarios. Yes, Sofia is much closer in appearance to the King than the others, and yes it makes sense that he wouldn't just scoop up a random peasant and put her in the line of royal succession (albeit nobody seemed to mind). But, of course, Disney isn't going to "go there"...or maybe they will, who knows. It wouldn't require them to throw around terms like "bastard" or make it seem so "adult"...though the idea that Sofia the First is akin to Disney's John Snow in the Princess Mythos is hilarious.
- Based on that, the whole "love at first sight" thing when the King summoned Miranda to the palace was something staged he and Miranda planned from the very beginning to avoid admitting the affair.
- Perhaps he resents James and Amber (albeit trying to hide it since he somewhat knows it's not their fault) for being fruit of a marriage he didn't want and favors Sofia as a result.
- This would also explain why he gave Sofia her amulet, when you would think he would have already given such an important heirloom to Amber, his daughter he's known since birth, years ago. It's almost as if he knew he about Sofia for years...
- Although, given how little was required for Sofia to trigger the "curse" part of the amulet, Amber would probably bring the Ten Plagues of Egypt down on herself within a day or so if she wore it.
- Roland and Miranda also had to wait for Birk Balthazar's death.
- This could also explain Baileywick's comment to King Roland in "The Buttercups" that Sofia specifically reminded him of Roland. Baileywick might not know/suspect anything (although he probably would since he seems to know everything), but it could be further evidence that Sofia has inherited more than just Roland's looks in having similar personality traits.
The series takes place in one of Phineas and Ferb's many parallel universes
- Hence the Tri-Kingdom area instead of the Tri-State area. Specifically a fairy-tale universe, obviously. Is Cedric possibly connected to Doofenshmirtz? Maybe.
- Similar level of competence perhaps.....
Based on the above, it's the same universe of the Tri-Province Area and Princess Isabella will attend Royal Prep
- Doofus Khan was the reason it wasn't safe for Princess Isabella to venture outdoors with other kids. Once he's defeated, Regent Monogram will enroll her at Royal Prep.
Everyone immediately thought about Phineas and Ferb
upon the first mention of "Tri-Kingdom Area"
Wormwood will become the real big bad of the series
- In the final few episodes of the series (or even more likely the series finally), Sofia will give Cedric the amulet to prove that she believes in him and is the final act to cause Cedric to have that heel face turn we all know is coming. Wormwood takes the chance to steal the amulet and uses it to reveal that he was an evil sorcerer cursed into a raven's body.
- Well, it wouldn't be different from what Lanny's pet fish Yamakoshi turned out to be in Pair Of Kings
- Roland II loved a peasant (Miranda) but his father arranged somebody else.
- That theory has been expressed by someone who posted the pilot at YouTube.
- With one Rebellious Princess after another, several Kings and Queens decided to send their children there so they'd get along and minimize the chances they'd fall in love with people "not good enough".
It's set in the 1790s, 1780s or the Regency era, but in an Alternate Universe
that has magic!
Well, there's a court sorcerer, (but there's no mention of the French Revolution
, so perhaps it's an alternate universe which also
does not have said event. And the fashions... does this seem familiar to you?◊or this?◊
But Sofia's dress looks like it might belong from the 1850s.◊
But it's OK... it's the WMG anyway!
Sofia's classmates are the descendants of other Disney Princesses
I think Prince Zandar is related to Aladdin and Jasmine
Prince Desmond and his sister Princess Mae are Descended from Beauty and the Beast.
- Look at a picture of Beauty and The human Beast, you can kind of see the resemblance
- Also, Desmond is very smart and good with flowers
- But why does Cinderella not appear with her kids?
- Descendant could imply more than one generation; it could be centuries in the future.
King Roland only pretended to be a lousy dancer so Sofia wouldn't feel bad about not having much time to practice before her debut ball
Think about how he let one of his friends win some games during that Tri-Kingdom picnic.
Enchancia and Arendelle are neighbour kingdoms
The prove? The trolls! It may not be a coincidence that both kings and queens from different kingdoms have trolls as friends.
In the future, if Sofia has a daughter, she'll be named Sofia the Second.
Aunt Tilly abdicated the throne
It's stated she's King Roland's older sister. Given that male supremacy to the throne in royal heirs isn't something Disney has ever really brought up, she was probably slated to be Queen but gave up the throne so she'd be free to have adventures.