WMG: Shokugeki no Soma
The Jewel Generation will have more than 1% alumniThe 92nd generation seems to have more talented cooks than other generations, considering that Senzaemon Nakiri names it like that. The 43rd Autumn Election is a perfect example for it. 16 students have more than 80 points and the top 8 are exceptionally talented chefs.
- Also reinforced by Isshiki's introduction, where he has the feeling that Soma will finally bring change to Tootsuki and make the hidden talent students bloom. And granted, by far there has been revealed that nearly 20 of the 1st years are exceptionally talented from all the other remaining 600.
Souma and Erina are going to be paired together for one of future school events.One of future school events will require students to work together in randomly selected two man teams to check their ability to work with others. Per Rule of Drama Souma and Erina get stuck on the same team. From this point there are two possible routes: either Hilarity Ensues as they try to pull through despite their differences, or alternatively it turns out that they work amazingly well together, a fact that will greatly disturb Erina.
- Close. It's actually Hisako who gets paired with Soma at the "Stagiarie Week" by working together at the same restaurant.
- Another close one: Megumi is the one paired with Erina.
The middle-schooler introduced in chapter 81, Mitsuru Soutsuda, will turn out to be a member of the Elite CouncilIt will be one of those cases where Mitsuru will be all friendly and gullible at first towards Soma in order to get a closer look at his hobbies and skills before The Reveal.
Soma and Kurokiba are somehow related.Maybe they're brothers or something, but it can't be coincidence that both have bandana's while cooking. Maybe Kurokiba met Souichiro when he was traveling? Or they're blood-related but not siblings?
Soma and Erina are related.There have been hints that Erina had Jouichirou in very high regards (it's unclear if Jouichirou was one of the Nakiri's cook or for another reason), but also we don't know anything about Soma's mom.
- Either Soma's mom is a long lost relative of the Nakiris or Jouichirou is part of a secondary branch of the Nakiri family, or Jouichirou was going to be engaged to the Nakiri's somehow before meeting Soma's mom.
- Probably not Erina's mother. Jouichirou took the family name of his wife. And Erina would probably know the maiden name of her mother.
Megumi's mother was part of the Legendary Ten.Just like Jouichirou, maybe Megumi's mom sent her to Tootsuki knowing her true potential and Megumi doesn't know because his mom could have changed her last name after marriage.
Soma's specialty is "Evolution".While this is already made somewhat obvious by the various things in Soma's character page entry, might as well get a compilation to explain why this is being written down. Many of the characters have an area of cooking expertise. Megumi's is Hospitality, Shun's is Smoke, Ikumi's is Meat, Alice's is Molecular Gastronomy, Ryou's is Seafood, Akira's is Spices/Aromas, Hisako's is Medicine, and so on. There hasn't been a phrase or a title to label Soma's yet, but 'Evolution' makes a reasonable threefold choice for him. 1) He learns very well from failures and experimentation, using what has and hasn't worked out in the past to improve on future dishes. He's also very good at crossover-dishes, using principles from an almost completely unrelated dish to augment the one he is working on in unexpected ways. 2) He has a tendency to take what he's learned from other people's cooking and put it to use further down the road. This basically results in him snowballing techniques and specialties as he meets more and more people, expanding his repertoire exponentially. He doesn't really need a specialty of his own because he's able to wield everyone else's, and do so in intermingling ways that wouldn't otherwise be possible for those people themselves. 3) His penchant for dishes with multiple stages to them where you add something new and the dish completely changes, even dubbed in-universe as 'evolving' dishes. He's done this at least three times so far. Just a thought.
Jossed and/or Confirmed Guesses
Soma's final opponent in the Autumn Election main tournament will be...
- Hisato Arato. She's Erina's aide and one of her from her fraction. Arato's loss would have an immense impact on Erina.
- Jossed in Chapter 75.
- Ryou Kurokiba. He defeated Megumi Tadokoro in the tournament, meaning that Soma has some business with him. He also has pending business regarding Alice losing against Soma. Confirmed. Actually both Hayama and Kurokiba are going against Soma.
- Takumi Aldini. Soma's self-claimed rival.
- Jossed in Chapter 79.
- Subaru Mimasaka. He's apparently Eizan's aide, and Eizan has business with Soma.
- Jossed, he's Soma's semi-final opponent.
- Akira Hayama. The will decide their match from the preliminary in the final. Confirmed. Actually both Hayama and Kurokiba are going against Soma.
The binding-theme of the Autumn Election are "Popular food between the every-day people"Since Marui started to think about it, the themes of all the challenges are very popular and common foods outside of the "gourmet world". Curry for the preliminaries (which nowdays is mass-produced as packaged dinner), obento (or "lunchbox" that can be bought at a conveinence store), ramen (commonly found even in carts on the street), and hamburger. Maybe the school wants to teach the student body about not forgeting that the chef needs to know how to serve to people from all the classes without forgetting the essentials.
- Now that the Autumn Election is pretty much over at this point, this was pretty much confirmed.
The jury for the final match of the Autumn Election are going to be the Elite TenThe Elite Ten organized the festival, so they will decide who is worthy enough to take a seat of theirs.
- Jossed. The three judges assigned are Chef Doujima, Senzaemon Nakiri and Leonora Nakiri, Alice's mom. Also Satoshi Isshiki is the Finale's Host and Erina is still working as staff.
Erina will be the sole judge of the Autumn Election finalsSince it's a 3-way duel, it would be fairly difficult to avoid a tie if they used more than one judge. Additionally, Erina's sense of taste might have a better chance of deciding which dish is better. This will also make things epicly difficult for Soma, who has to compete against two nearly equal opponents while dealing with a judge who dislikes him.
- Jossed, there are three judges instead, despite the potential for a tie.