- After Rare will outlive their usefulness to Microsoft, Microsoft will sell them back to Nintendo and try to buy Retro.
- Considering they're first party now, not second party like Rare were, that would be an impressive feat.
- If Microsoft somehow buys Retro Studios, and sells Rare back to Nintendo, that would be pretty sad and some sort of deja vu. Even looking at the success Retro had with Nintendo's games. But this is very unlikely. Still.
Retro's next game is a Pokémon
I'm crazy enough to guess it, and you know
it would be awesome.
- It's a franchise that hasn't been out for a while, and it could utilize the online capabilities more.
- Considering Retro's other big projects, Metroid Prime and DKCR, were revivals of series that had a lapse in release time, this isn't too crazy of a guess.
- Jossed: see above.
- But the game they make AFTER it could be an F-Zero game!
- However, instead of being another Metroid Prime, it will be in the style of Super Metroid. This is one of the reasons they worked on the Donkey Kong Country games for a while, in order to get more experience in developing a 2D game.