- Babette might have originally been intended to represent Lust (just look at the her depiction in the pirate ship scene near the end, and listen to the song again).
- The "Babette" part of the theory doesn't work because she inspires lust; she is not herself lustful.
- Perhaps the pirates would be lust?
- Still, it's easy to see why some would think they were going that way. King Koo-Koo could be said to represent pride.
- The sea monster, Gadzooks, could conceivable represent sloth. He's first seen napping in the ocean, he tells King Koo-Koo he's bored and his overall demeanor is slow, laid back and just going with the flow.
- You could even say it's a "idle hands are the devil's playthings" theme, since the bored monster is easily swayed by King Koo-Koo into tickle torturing a bunch of random people/toys just for something to do.
This is all just a drug trip hallucinated by a disgruntled animator.It explains everything. The last thing the animator saw was a Raggedy Ann doll.
The middle act is all just the dolls and the Camel playing Pretend.The end reveals that the ocean the pirate ship was sailing on was nothing but a small pond in neighbor's backyard. The Greedy and Looney Land may have been the toys playing 'Pretend'. The Looney Knight, King Koo Koo, the Looney citizens and the pirate crew were never toys, or indeed, never actually existed. Although, King Koo Koo may have simply been a discarded bag of bubblegum.
The Camel with the Wrinkled Knees is suicidal, and his hallucinations are visions of a happy, shiny afterlife beckoning him to join them.Makes sense considering the Camel's default demeanor and disregard for his own well-being whilst chasing the imaginary camels in the sky.
The Greedy is actually another escaped subject of the same tests Tetsuo was subjected to.A taffy monster? That's just his cover story.
The movie is just Marcella playing with her toys.The whole thing is just the fantasy of an imaginative seven-year-old girl.
The Greedy was an earlier form of Charlotte from the anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica.He (actually she) even wants to eat Ann's candy heart the way Witches devour Soul Gems. (Wouldn't be surprised if Charlotte was in fact somewhat inspired by the Greedy; Studio Shaft and Akiyuki Shinbo are pretty artsy, and Richard Williams is well-known to animation buffs.)
The entire movie of All Just a Dream
- It would definitely explain the weird and trippy images.