WMG: Pitch Perfect
In the sequel, Bumper and Fat Amy will hook up.There was some hinted chemistry in the movie that never really went anywhere that could be made up for in the sequel.
Aubrey: ...Fat Amy, why do you have Bumper's number?
- Likely, considering that it was all but outright stated that they were, in fact, having sex:
- Confirmed. They are an official couple, with a potential engagement left open.
Also in the sequel, the Bellas and Treblemakers will have to team up for some reason.Perhaps for a competition or deciding to end their rivalry.
- Jossed. The two groups do seem to be on much better terms, however.
Bumper is not really gonna be a back-up dancer for John Mayer.It was something set up by Benji so that he could get rid of him and join the Trebles.
- Jossed. He was apparently close enough to Mayer to learn details of his personal life, not that anyone believed him.
Beca and Chloe will at least kiss in the sequelThe writers will at least acknowledge the Fan-Preferred Couple even if they don't end up together
- Jossed. Chloe does offer in the tent, but Beca shoots her down.
The part of John, the commentator, was written for Fred Willard, but they couldn't get himReally, compare this performance with Willard in Best in Show, and you'll see what I mean.
- But did you see John Michael Higgins in Fired Up? The role must've been written for him.
The sequel will have...
- ...Bumper as the main antagonist. He is back after being kicked from John Mayer's team, then returning to the university, but the Treblemakers doesn't accepts him back so he creates another team, with some rejected people from the 2013 auditions and Justin, which is surprisingly better than both Treblemakers and the Bellas.
- Jossed. He's working for campus security and has joined up with the Tone Hangers, the group of older men he mocked in the first movie. The actual antagonists are Das Sound Machine, a German group that has taken over the Bellas' tour in light of Fat Amy's wardrobe malfunction.
- ...Kori and Mary Elise back to the Bellas.
- Probably Jossed, but not directly addressed. While they could have tried out for the group again, they're nowhere to be seen by the time the sequel rolls around.
- ...Aubrey being Unicycle's girlfriend, since the original movie was going to feature it, but it was deleted.
- Never addressed. While Aubrey shows up, we don't get any details of her personal life outside of her new career. Unicycle doesn't show up at all.
- ...A bigger focus on the minor characters, especially the Treblemakers team (aside from Benji and Jesse) and some of the Bellas, like Denise, Jessica and Ashley.
- Jossed. Beca is still the main character, Benji has a bigger role in this movie than the first, Jesse is Demoted to Extra, and Jessica and Ashley are quite literally interchangeable. Denise doesn't show up at all.
- ...The Treblemakers and the Bellas teaming up or turning into one team.
- Jossed, though they seem to be on good terms.
- ...More relationships, like Lily with Donald, Staci with Cynthia Rose (or with Chloe).
- Jossed, though there's plenty of Les Yay teased between Cynthia Rose and Staci
- ...The Footnotes returning to the Acapella tournament.
- Never addressed, since the Bellas are banned from competing this time around.
- ...Lily will do something crazy and shock all her friends
- Confirmed, more or less. It's hard to say whether the Bellas are used to it by now.
- ...John and Gail will get in on the a capella action
- Jossed. They're still just commentators, although apparently they've started a podcast on a capella.
- They do sing the Universal theme for the introduction.
Hailee Steinfeld plays Beca's younger sister
- With Katey Segal playing their mom.
- Jossed. No members of Beca's family show up.
- Katey Segal is Hailee's character's mom.
As the sequel is set in a global acapella competition...... the inevitable Threequel will up the stakes and be set in a galactic acapella competition. The Bellas will be abducted from Earth (including Chloe and Aubrey, for a fun cast reunion) and brought before the Galactic Council to represent humanity in a musical competition. Come on, sequels always up the stakes!
- May turn into a crossover with Guardians of the Galaxy.
- After where the sequel ended, seems unlikely.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.