The reason "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is unintelligible is that Kurt Cobain meant for the listener to interpret their own lyrics.You have to admit, there's nothing to contradict it.
Kurt Cobain is still aliveHe faked his death because he didn't like being famous anymore.
- He couldn't stand being with Courtney anymore, either.
- He's living in Ireland as "Kirk O'Bain." Clap if you believe!
- He's on an island with Jim Morrison.
- Or Mr. Sin put them there.
He was murderedHe was dosed up on heroin (which probably would have killed him anyway) and in the process of divorcing Courtney Love. Courtney, who knew about his history of suicide attempts, killed (or possibly hired someone to kill) him and have it look like a suicide.
- This troper agrees, especially when you read more into it and find out the cops didn't secure the crime scene or that a former member of Hole was also found dead in her bathtub in the middle of wanting to leave the group. Sounds a little more than shady. Also, if i remember correctly, the police really didn't do much investigating before closing the case altogether. They knew he was depressed and had (allegedly) attempted suicide before and just went with that. As for his suicide note, I've read that the handwriting isn't consistent. And even if it was his handwriting, someone once pointed out that it didn't necessarily mean it was a suicide note. Lastly, I've read some reports that stated he was too high on heroin to be able to hold a SHOTGUN to his own head. The whole "suicide" thing really just doesn't make sense if anyone actually read more into it.