Wild Mass Guessing for My Little Pony
Guesses for other generation or series:
G3 takes place after an apocalypse.
As some have noticed, the ponies are segregated by race and seem not to have heard of each other before meeting. Then little things start popping up.
- No one ever considers leaving their respective cities unless forced on an adventure.
- There's a suspicious lack of ponies outside the settlements.
With all this taken into account, we can presume the cities are the last remaining vestiges of each race and fled there after the war to protect themselves. This continued on for so long that everyone forgot there was a war and stayed there out of tradition and cultural habit.
However, two know about their history. Spike says upon meeting Rarity that she was far from home and it's interesting that he should know what a unicorn is when no one else did. However, it makes sense considering his sleep lasted a thousand years, so a time before the war.
The other is Kimono. As the resident wisest pony, it would make sense for her to have tales and legends about her history passed down over the generations. Not to mention that her toy mentions knowing of tales when unicorns roamed the forests of Ponyland, which is the name given to the ponies' home in G1.
Humans are the source of all evil!
Or, more specifically, humans are the source of the "villainous" entities in the Ponyverse. The Talesverse lacks both humans and the frequent assaults of said villainous entities. As both continuities are set in an explicitly magical universe, it could be argued that humans somehow subconsciously generate the evils when in an area with magic. In fact, one could conceivably do some Arc Welding
and say that at some point between the two series, humans were barred from Ponyland specifically because of this trait....
- Actually, compound that: Some humans (mostly female) did not want to leave. So, they consented to being turned into ponies themselves! Morphic Resonance allowed them to manipulate objects with their forehoofs...
- That's plausible, after all, Ponyville was founded by Earth Ponies, and everypony in My Little Pony Tales is an Earth Pony.
- Though Unicorns appeared in "Up, Up, and Away". And in the slumber party episode, they tell a story which is not only implied to be true all along, but seems to take place during the G1 cartoon.
Generation 3 ended when the ponies fell under a reverse-aging spell they couldn't cure.
The first sign was Rainbow Dash's voice getting higher. Then every pony got smaller. Then they were babies. Sure, the ponies may claim they were "remembering" what they did at that age, but why is the same gang of seven all together in the baby series when that group of friends didn't form until the later G3 videos? They're really just describing the deja vu they experience as they try to deny the fact that they're about to shrink away to nothing.
G3.5 is AU or non-canon from G3
There are far too many continuity errors.
- Sure. Everything has changed, all with the Core 7 and generation 3.5 semi-reboots. (Oh, should we count New Born Cuties?)
The toys have magnetic hooves so why not? For the things they hold that aren't magnetic.. Then maybe it's magic, or everything is magnetic in the Ponyverse?
Pretty self-explanatory. In fact, I'm sure this definitely will
happen to some extent.
Glory and Moondancer are married
They did have a porcelain called "Wedding Prance"
where they appeared to be getting married.
Reeka and Draggle's father is the Moochic
The Moochic and Hydia are on the same vague power level, and are about the same size. And it's not as thought there are many humanoids around Dream Valley.
- Why would the Moochick let his own children be abused? Wouldn't he show complicated emotion when told about the witches and the Smooze, if the witches were his ex and daughters? He is absent-minded, but he's not stupid or evil. Precisely because he isn't evil, Hydia would not have mated with him. The only way he could be the father is if he were to have switched sides, which would explain the daughters not moving in with him - as they would probably have been told he was dead if he did so, but it's still a stretch. And because the Moochick and Hydia are the same size, the daughters are too tall to have much genetic possibility of being both of their daughters, especially Draggle. Even with recessive genes and mutations, Megan's size would be about as tall as Draggle could be. Besides which, there are other humanoids around Dream Valley, and there is nothing indicating Reeka and Draggle's father is still nearby or even alive.
In one of the G3.5 specials one of the ponies quite literally says that Sweetie doesn't belong
in Ponyville, she belongs in Unicornia. Pegasus and Earth Ponies haven't interacted in so long that the latter forgot the former existed. Earth Ponies are afraid of Unicorns powers, Unicorns traditionally think they're better than other types.
The human involved would either be Megan from the G1 cartoons or an Expy
- Hasbro plans to release a MLP movie in 2017. It has yet to be revealed whether or not a human character would be featured.
- If a human character does show up, I hope it's Megan.
G1 ponies have ridiculously short life spans (by human standards)
That's why we rarely see background ponies more than once.
Winking isn't so much teleportation as it is the unicorn equivalent of a Flash Step
Think about it. One of the downsides of winking is that a unicorn can't wink through walls or through nets, when theoretically they should be able to. One can conclude, then, that when a unicorn winks in or out, she's really just using her magic to give her an extra boost of speed. Since a unicorn can't walk through a wall at her normal speed, it makes sense that she wouldn't be able to wink through one, either.
G3.5 is a prequel to G3
- Isn't it canonically set when the Core 7 ponies were foals? At least the toys were supposed to. That doesn't explain the lack of adults, why everyone looks like a foal, or why there's a mayor so young.