WMG: Mega Man Legends
Mega Man Legends who wanted to live closer to earth instead of the Elysium satellite but eventually started rejoining with the "carbons". This still makes the statement that no true humans are left true as, save for the ones in Mega Man Legends 2, they mixed with the Carbons. There are a lot of similarities between both:
- Shiny crystals that can make things fly - check
- Strange flying machines that could double as ships - check
- Character designs - check (OK both are Anime, they're still similar enough to count)
- The designs of the "ruins" in Mega Man Legends and Laputa in Castle in the Sky - check
- A "ascended" kind of humans that vanished - check
- Lost technology - check
- Ancient weapons that can wipe out whole civilizations - check
- A artificial weather anomaly that can hide a entire island - check
Dr.Wily is the Bonne family's ancestorIt would explain the Skull symbol.
- Biggest problem with this: Nobody in the MML world is actually human any more, so he can't be their biological ancestor.
- Depends how we view this though. Wily considers Zero(His final creation) his son for example.
- Given that there's a boat owner named Wily, Wily is a surname, and that the owner in question looks just like ol' Albert, its pretty damn clear that even if his genes aren't around anymore, somebody made sure something of Dr. Albert Wily would exist in the Carbon genepool. Or whatever they have instead of genes to pass on traits. One of the initial Carbons was probably modeled after Wily as closely as possible, most likely because the designer thought it'd be a good design for robotics assistants.
Volnutt was "Joe"'s last name.Both Roll and Barrel have the surname Casket, but it's established that Barrel is Roll's grandfather on her mom's side. Sometimes in families where the mother still uses her maiden name, that name will be inherited by her daughters while sons get the father's name. Since Megaman was raised as Roll's brother, he was given her father's surname.
The last human DNASo it's established at the end of Legends 1 that Megaman Trigger contains the last remaining human DNA. In a hypothetical third game (sixth, if you want to get technical) it's entirely possible that the main quest results in the replication of this DNA. As Megaman, Roll and Barrel gather round what looks like a Doctor Light capsule, the door slowly hisses open and out steps... Wily. Cue 8-bit flashback cutscene of Wily replacing Light's DNA sample with his own. The newly reborn Wily creates chaos, and Megaman is forced to decide... destroy the last traces of humanity to preserve civilization as he knows it... or allow humanity to be reborn, with Wily as its blueprint?
The vault Mega Man Juno was hibernating in is a robot construction chamberHow else was his backup data going to 1. get a new body, and 2. get back in the Main Gate? Okay, there's Eden, but then he'd have to take the long route.
There will be a level in the third game where you (playing as Mega Man Volnutt-Trigger) carry out the mission to destroy elysium
Mega Man Legends 3 WILL be uncancelled......only for it to be released as a crappy game with all fan-made characters acting like total idiots, due to the fans' outrage.
- Followed by Capcom giving the fanbase a long The Reason You Suck speech during the credits.
If it's ever released, in Mega Man Legends 3 Mega Man Trigger will find a Dr. Light capsuleIt will know of his existence.
Fisherman/Marina Wily really is Dr. WilyCome on, he was a bit too interested in the knowledge that the Bonnes built a robot out of the wreckage of his ships. Evil chin rub of doom and everything!
The Reaverbots in Legends are the descendants of the cyborgs from ZX.In ZX, people begin replacing their bodies with mechanical parts. Eventually they give up on human forms alltogether & even stop communicating in ways that the new cloned race of humans, or "Carbons", can understand. They Carbons believe that the Reavers are mindless drones left to guard the treasures of a lost civilization who are too primitive to realize that they no longer have a purpose & see nothing wrong with destroying them. What they're really doing is killing people who are just trying to defend their own homes & property.
The Reaverbots are the decendants of the technology of humanity that fled underground during the Mega Man X gamesMentioned in X6 and never mentioned again; Neo-Arcadia takes all the glory in ZX. The actual human colony died out, but their technology survived in the dark for a long time. We see this in the "ruins" at the Forest of Dysis in Zero 2. The entire system ran on auto-pilot until something provided it with Ciel's power crystal technology and it adapted it into Refractors and started growing beneath the Earth. The Human/Reploid hybrids cannabalizing their refractor shards slowed it down a little, but not by much.
The Elder System from Legends is a lot older than most people think.It wasn't created by Albert, Ceil, Weil, X, or even Wily. It was created by the ancient, possibly alien civilization that made the Stardroids from MMV for Gameboy. At some point between ZX & Legends, more of their technology was unearthed & reprogrammed to suit the needs of the current civilization.
The Legends world is connected to the world of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.This is why the King of Red Lions stops you from leaving the map. Rupees even look like Refractor Shards!
Wily is in charge of Capcom.And he hates all the Mega Men that have emerged over the millennia, which is why he killed Legends 3.
Megaman X (and classic) are games within Legends series.There's a poster, and it was mentioned the name megaman (and maybe roll) is taken from games. The Wily wars did happened, and so the maverick wars centuries ago. However games are rarely accurate to the real history, thus explained the plotholes
If Megaman Legends 3 gets uncancelled...
- Unlike the previous troper stated the game will actually not suck and will again take fan input by Capcom.
- Or better yet: Capcom will sell/give the rights back to the rightful owner