Ruby is a narcissist who is wildly, madly in love with the sound of her own voice
- She has to be, given that she is constantly giving direction to Max even though it usually goes in one ear and out the other (and he often knows better anyway), and she is often heard chattering away to herself even when she's alone.
- To be fair, I'm not sure that's really Ruby's fault. She is a character in a cartoon aimed towards children three and up, after all. It's almost a contractual obligation for characters to talk when they're alone.
Ruby has OCD and Max has autism.I've always thought Max was autistic, he barely talks and doesn't understand other's emotions well; he doesn't understand why certain things are so important to Ruby or the other bunnies, such as rules and why it upsets them when he spoils their games. As for Ruby, she's very obsessed with everything going a certain way, even if she has to control others.
- Max having Autism makes sense, but also keep in mind part of the reason why he understand is that he is just a four year old, also Ruby doesn't seem to show OCD signs, other then going a certain way and the control thing.
- Ruby just likes to have things be orderly and under control, and that's completely understandable with a rowdy toddler-aged bunny that likes to create mischief. That's not the same as having OCD.
Max is an adopted Pokémon being tracked down under Max and Ruby’s government, who is being taught English by his big sister, Ruby......And the “parents are out shopping” excuse is to keep him calm in worry of an outbreak.
Max and Ruby's parents are deadYeah, yeah, everyone and their grandmother has guessed this one, but let's expand on it a little: This is the real reason Ruby seems to feel the need to act so adult. She's the older sibling, so in her parents' absence, she feels the need to act grown up so that she can be a good surrogate parent to her brother.
- Jossed. Word of God states that they do have parents and they also have made appearances in the new episodes that aired.
Max grows up to be Max.After growing up, Max loses some weight, sharpens his teeth and moves to New York City where he meets Sam the Dog. They develop a close friendship and go into business together as Freelance Police, and the rest is history.
The show is set in an alternate history where rabbits evolved to intelligence instead of humansFor some reason, rabbits evolve to be a much larger size, become bipedal, and gain intelligence. They go on to make a society that mimics humans in almost every way. Either humans never evolved past their primal stage, went extinct in a human-rabbit conflict for survival (similar to Neanderthals), or are segregated. Ruby is shown to have human dolls - in this Verse, it could be the equivalent of a human having rabbit dolls.
inbtween the new episodes and old, someone called Child SetvicesMax and Ruby are now in a loving home with parents that take interest and help them regularly. Max can even now speak full sentences and Ruby is less of a brat from their old situation.