WMG: Living Dead Series
Night of the Living Dead
The remake of Dawn of the Dead is in the same continuity as the remake of Night of the Living Dead.At the end of Night of the Living Dead, Barbara is alive, aware of the shortcomings of the zombies that just attacked, and obviously disgusted by humanity. Clearly, sometime between the two films she discovered how the original reanimation occurred and tweaked (or perhaps helped tweak) it to produce far more vicious and versatile undead.
The remake of Night of the Living Dead is in the same continuity as Diary of the Dead and Survival of the Dead.There's nothing in the Night of the Living Dead remake that excludes it from a modern day setting, lots of people drive older cars. The Diary of the Dead takes place during the initial outbreak, hence it could easily be taking place during the remake of the initial film.
Land of the Dead is in-continuity with Diary and Survival rather than with the original trilogy.For once, a group of Dead films are made so close together that the styles of the first are not outdated by the time the last comes out. Coincidence?
The Living Dead franchise is so twisted it has formed a Multiversal Cluster.
- We have the "Pure" Continuity: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, and Land of the Dead.
- We have the Parody Continuity: Night of the Living Dead (As an actual film), Return of the Living Dead, Return of the Living Dead Part II, Return of the Living Dead 3, Necropolis, and Rave to the Grave
- We have the Modern Continuity: Diary of the Dead and Survival of the Dead
- We have the remakes, each supposedly in their own continuity: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), and Day of the Dead
- We have the Italian Continuity, which are each set in their own continuity: Dawn of the Dead AKA Zombi, Zombi 2, and Zombi 3D
- We have the "Extended" Italian Continuity, which we don't want to talk about...
- We have the Night of the Living Dead 30th Anniversary Edition recut, and its sequel Children Of The Living Dead
Zombies slowly change color as time goes by.Notice how some are green, while others are white, and some are even blue. And then there are some that are still human skin colored. Perhaps they gradually change color, depending on how long they have been living".
The Jerkass officer at the dock in Dawn is Captain Rhodes.I know this has been said before, but they really are just like each other, and both are played by Joe Pilato.