There was an intended meaning to Stairway To Heaven
"And if you listen very hard
The truth will come to you at last."
Stairway To Heaven is about...
The following people connected to Jimmy Page all died in their 30s.
- Keith Relf, lead singer of the Yardbirds- dead at 33
- Keith Moon, The Who drummer and the one who (allegedly) inspired the name "Led Zeppelin- dead at 32
- John Bonham, drummer for Led Zeppelin- dead at 32
- Sandy Denny, guest vocalist on "The Battle of Evermore"
Can this be a coincidence? Obviously not.
- And, yet, Robert Plant is still alive at the age of 64.
- Maybe because of the next theory:
Look at the lyrics to Kashmir. Clearly, The Doctor (a traveler of both time and space) needed Robert to help a peaceful race of aliens stranded on Earth (To sit with the elders of the gentle race, this world has seldom seen). These aliens have prophetic powers ( They talk of days for which they sit and wait and all will be revealed ). The aliens explain their predicament ( Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, whose sounds caress my ear/ But not a word I heard could I relate, the story was quite clear) Of course, Robert goes for a flight in the TARDIS (Oh, I've been flying) and ends up lost in an apocalyptic world ( All I see turns to brown, as the sun burns the ground/ And my eyes fill with sand, as I scan this wasted land/ Trying to find, trying to find where I've been.) The rest of song details the rest of the adventure involving the Pilot of the Storm, Shangri-La and the Father of the Four Winds. The title for the story? Doctor Who
and the Hammer of the Gods.
And for the record, I wasn't entirely sober when I had this idea
- Maybe the "peaceful race" is the Ood?