Time travel is possible and has happened countless times.Wait. Okay. So...if time is relative, and everything that happens is only happening now, that would mean if time travel were possible and you were a time traveler, you would have all ready gone back in time and accomplished or failed your task, essentially creating an automatic Stable Time Loop, which means that the act of traveling through time is a pointless venture that will always lead you back to where you started.
- On a similar note, things have been changed many times, but since they were actually changed, nobody remembers anything different because nothing different ever did happen in any extant time-line.
The Axis are supposed to win WWIIHave you noticed that any attempt to change the past lets Germany win? It's because the time stream is trying to snap back to its proper shape. Someone managed to use a time machine to let the Allies win in our past.
- Funny, actually, in the Vaporware videogame Wasteland: Meantime, this was parodied/subverted backwards to the future (???), when you're supposed to make a group of heroes composed from various famous historical figures from all the history of humanity via a time machine. The party would attempt to repair damage caused by a similar party of villains while traveling in time to stop the events which leaded to WWIII chasing this guys who changed the normal history creating an alternative timeline (as you may guess) via previously time-traveling , preventing the whole ruined future from the Wasteland/Fallout sagas...surprisingly, during the previous events of the big f*cking Grand Finale, it's revealed that the true "bastards" behind the scenes was none other than the jews...who travelled back in time for preventing their extinction in the middle of the 21th century (in 1998 in Wasteland, and 2053 in Fallout when Tel Aviv was obliterated via a nuclear terrorist attack, although is unknown in which year, previously or latter, Israel was destroyed in both sagas in the original timeline, which caused the time-traveling plot, anyways, they couldn't change the history and ends worsening things causing a global destruction instead) after the "obvious" Armageddon final war against them when they're finally revealed as the true final enemy/cancer of the humanity in their own timeline (no surprise also why the game never get published/revived, it was planned in 1989, a time in which the sionist media wasn't still interested in obsessively observing the PC entertainment side... Oh, and if you don't like this statement, the story, or you detect some "false racism" in this...go complain the developers of the game, the whole twisted plot was their idea...)
- Adding to the ways to explore incorrect political ways in videogames back in the '80 like the example above, in Starflight, the human scientists discovers near the end of the game they are actually killing a suppossed old and superior extinguished race called the "Ancients", but they are actually still alive living in a some sorta of slow higher plane, and the humanity is using their live force as a fuel, killing slowly them. They retaliate, since although a pacific and spiritual superior race they can't just let them "pumped" via an inferior and expansionist/egomaniac race...the only solution for winning the games put you into a situation in where you're obliged to proceed with a massive genocide of this race, and latter awarded with the highest medal and honors from the human society as fully recognition for your "bravery"...but letting you thinking what you just had done for "winning"
- Well, Hitler also ate sugar too after all...
Hitler's Time Travel Exemption Act really existsIn the future working time travel does exist. As strange as it seems to us right now this is the best timeline available. For the better future, and maybe present, all the bad events such as WWII as we know it, 9-11, Cher have to had occured.
- Alternatively, the people that go back in Time, are given very strict orders not to change anything.
Nobody can kill Hitler because time travel doesn't affect death.I other words, it is physically impossible to go back in time and kill somebody - not just Hitler, anybody.
- So the real solution is to ensure that he is accepted into art school.
- And it also resolves the Grandfather Paradox!
Someone DID travel back in time, and ensured that World War II ended (in Europe) as early as May 8th, 1945.In the original timeline, the war lasted much, much longer. And ours is not the original timeline.
WWII happend to show that Nazizm is not coolThe WWII was needed to show that nazizm is not cool, which was one of thought before WWII. Even during war some antisemits had Heel–Face Turn and save jews risking and giving live in process. Germany was at this point rather weak country so it allowed to discredit the idea on "small" and temporary scale. Otherwise the countries would divide on 2 totallitarian camps instead of on state-liberal-democracy and state-communists. In such way the time travelers ensured that nazizm will not become problem ever again (they did even supply Hitler at the beginning with inteligent data and materials at the beginning).
Hitler is a fixed point in time.This is why he can never be removed from history. Whenever someone tries, they either get eaten by an Eldritch Abomination or the cosmos retgones the time travel attempt. Probably because Hitler is related to the Time Lords
- Fixed point in the timeline? Yes. Related to the Time Lords? no. Think about the developments that happened as a result of that war, and you'd agree he's gotta be such a point.
Hitler was placed in his position by Time Travelers.Any other human would make the Nazis win.
There would have been someone worse.1. He was one of many disillusioned war-torn veterans of Europe looking for a scapegoat, as noted in how quickly nearly all of Germany followed him. It wouldn't have been much harder to find someone worse. 2. He was a military moron. If there were someone in charge during his time who knew effective military tactics, he would've done much more damage to Europe than Hitler ever did. 3. Josef Stalin. Seriously, this guy was pretty horrible (or worse) in his own little ways. Sure, Hitler was a monster, but he was a monster who gave certain groups special privileges, retained private enterprise in many areas of industry (he was a socialist in name only) and did save Germany from becoming Europe's Zimbabwe, turning the country into an economic powerhouse fortress that can challenge the Soviet Union's Zerg Rush (And despite losing the war, Germany did give us one hell of a fight, and it still had enough value and infrastructure for the Allies to use as an economic powerhouse and wall against the Communists). On the other hand Communism did away with that by abolishing all the nobility, bourgeois, private enterprise and any incentives to make high-quality products. Under Hitler, Germans lived a life of high standards Bread and Circuses (no rationing in Nazi Germany until Stalingrad) while everyone else suffered. Under Stalin, all men are equal in suffering, no exceptions (except Stalin only, of course). During The Great Depression Communism was getting popular throughout the entire world, and if it weren't for a war with Germany weakening the nation, I'm sure that while America is distracted by issues with Japan, Stalin would've taken much more than just half of Europe, maybe getting his hands on the Atomic Bomb first, or turning Eurasia and even the entire world into Real-Life Nineteen Eighty-Four that is such much of a Fate Worse Than Death it will make a Nazi-ruled future look like a fun utopian liberal paradise in comparison. Now with more famines for everyone under Comrade Stalin! Yes, I know where I got this one. 4. Too damn lucky. Have you seen how many times this guy's been on a group's hit list? He's been the target of tons of assassination plots and has escaped every one, to my knowledge, without a scratch. Besides, there's the whole, being a runner in WWI thing. 5. It would've just made everything worse. It took WWII to motivate the US out of a state of depression lasting 15 years, Hitler (completely unintentionally) got the US to give more racial equality, and Europe and Japan wouldn't have the technology they have now, since most of their factories were destroyed and they wouldn't have been crazy enough to try new things (neither happened to the US, which is why its cars suck).
- 1. If you look at the history of the Nazi party, it is pretty clear that few if any of them had the popularity of Hitler, or were seen to be as useful to a number of powerful factions. The party probably would not have taken off without him and even if it had, the initiative for the Holocaust came from Hitler and even Himmler, the guy who actually orchestrated it, seemed to think this was a bit extreme (obviously not to the point of stopping it). Even if you could find people worse, that doesn't mean that those people would have come to power.
- 2. World War Two came about because Hitler wanted a war, more than even most Nazi's who despite all their ideology and rhetoric tended to be a bit more realistic. He wasn't a military moron but a "gifted amateur" who let his pride and his greed get the better of him and started surrounding himself with "yes men" instead of Germany's best magnificent bastards, but not all of his decisions were terrible and his intiative is what led to a lot of German victories early in the war (I stress his initiative; back then the tactics of the war came from more experienced military officers he still listened to). Without him there either would have been no war, or it wouldn't have been fought on such a scale.
- 3. Stalin's Russia was a military joke- Stalin thought calvary was still relevant on the battlefield, and his Commisar for Artillery once mocked the idea that they would ever need artillery. Their air force was almost non-existent, and Stalin had regularly purged his officer corps which even Hitler thought was insane and left their military crippled. Stalin preferred politics, subterfuge and Manipulative Bastardry to get what he wanted and only resorted to military options when he was forced to or was assured of victory (or thought he was assured of victory). Both Germany and Russia invaded Poland in 1939, but Germany had a much easier time of it despite invading first, and Soviet Russia had a very poor track record when it came to winning wars. Stalin didn't want to start a war; he wanted the rest of Europe to fight each other for him, which is why he wanted Hitler in power in the first place- though Nazi Germany proved to be far more dangerous than he imagined and nearly cost him everything. And Soviet Russia did make high quality products although defeating Nazi Germany (and the USA later in the Cold War) was its incentive: see also efficient Soviet weapons like the T-34.
- 4. Most of those hits failed because they were called off or the assassins felt they couldn't go through with it; thats the main reason they failed. As for being a runner, there were Battlion runners and Regiment runners in World War 1- Hitler was a Regimental runner, and is just mistaken for a Battalion runner by many people. Regimental runners had a far less dangerous time as they carried orders from the back lines to the front and vice-versa, and thus were harder to be targeted; Battalion runners ran from one part of the frot line to the other and were targeted all the time, and Hitler's rep for being a runner rests on the misconception that he was a Battalion runner, who had a high mortality rate. None of the Regimental runners in Hitler's regiment were killed in World War 1, and he spent much of his time safe in regimental headquarters, sitting around reading or drawing / painting, sometimes for days on end awaiting orders. It was still dangerous, but much less so than most other jobs he could have got.
- 5. Most of those things would still have happened or were already starting to happen; at best, World War Two accelerated the process. The Depression had already started to end by the time Hitler came to power nevermind by the time he started waging global war, and neither it nor the other developments really compare to the damage caused by the most brutal war in world history or the most notorious genocide. There were several factors involved in racial equality or the emergence of new factories, and neither of those things really took off until 15-20 years after the war ended. Black soldiers being treated like human beings in Europe encouraged them in the long run, but that doesn't mean the Civil Rights movement depended on something like that or wouldn't have happened otherwise- it has much deeper roots than that.
Hitler is a Time Lord.This is why time travelling can never kill him-because he knows all the tricks, and sure as hell ain't letting anyone kill him. It would also explain why the Doctor has never gotten around to killing him. Who his previous regenerations were, I've got no idea.
- Probably he is an evil pre-incarnation of The Doctor Himself (the "zero" Doctor), maybe he was evil in the beginning, who knows...
- Or maybe he's the Valeyard.
Hitler is Haruhi SuzumiyaYeah, someone had to say this... XD
Time travel will never be possible.Or if it will become possible to travel back in time, it will necessarily involve divergent time lines. Because otherwise that comic would have happened. Some time travellers would have tried to kill Hitler, that's to be assumed.
Hitler does get killed frequently, but due to alternate timelines that eventually cease to exist, the change is never permanent.Think about it.
Whenever somebody who goes back in time enters the period in which Hitler is alive (either through time travel or going even further in the past and waiting), they automatically take Hitler's place and become him at the age he is supposed to be at that time.Because of this, time travellers are discouraged from travelling to this time period or an earlier one if Hitler will be born soon afterwards. This is because Hitler is not a person, but a temporal curse. Anybody born at the time Hitler was born becomes evil. And when you time travel, it is as if you are born into that time period, even if you travelled to an earlier time.
Hitler possessed a charm that made him practically immortal.The charm possessing a swastika. Before Those Wacky Nazis ruined swastikas for everyone, they were usually a symbol of tranquility and good luck. Hitler chose the Swastika as the Nazi symbol because he wanted the luck, and has a charm built with it. This charm weaponized the mystical qualities to grant him insanely good luck-hence why he survived so many absurdly close calls. However, the luck fell apart and turned on him due to its symbol being corrupted. Hitler continued to survive because The Powers That Be were angry at this. Had Hilter not taken himself out, the charm would milk his Villainous Breakdown for all it's worth. Such as being lucky enough to be captured alive by Stalin.....
- Actually, the charm really existed, and it was no other than the Longinus lance/Spear of Destiny...
- The Spear of Destiny was a Jewish tool, used to kill a Jewish man. Of course it would screw him over.
No-one is allowed to kill Hitler because too many people want to.Hitler is such a notorious figure that, by the time we invent time travel, millions of people from millions of time periods will be trying to kill him. No-one is allowed to go back because, if everyone who ever possessed a time machine decided to kill Hitler, the early 20th century would be overflowing with time travellers to the point of Temporal Paradox. Germany 1888-1945 is officially time locked due to the critically massive Reality-Breaking Paradox that would ensue.
Hitler's life is a grand time-space battlefield.This somewhat follows the last two WMGs. Think about how many people want to go back in time to kill Hitler, and in turn how many people want to go back in time to prevent the Kennedy Assassination, and that both of these are decidedly stuck in the land of the Time Travel Exemption Act. Hitler had a LOT of weird, bizzare coincidences that left him totally unscathed. Who's to say that there's not an equal amount of time travellers working to SAVE Hitler in history, leaving the whole result as an unusually coincidental zero-sum game? Maybe there is somebody worse behind him, and the people trying to save him are taking the lesser of two evils? There's no way to prevent the war as a whole, after all, short of completely obliterating all of Europe plus China, Japan, and the USA.
- Well, if we convince Prussia not to demand reparations from France during the Franco-Prussian War, then that could prevent the chain of events that lead to Germany being so bad in the 30's. And I recall something about a power struggle between the traditional Hirohito and someone with a more modernist view. We could help out the other guy. If we're talking about time travel nothing is to small.
The above troper isn't going higher enough: the entire 19th-20th century is under a grand Temporal War.Remember: the last 200 years have been some of the most diverse. The war is centred around this time because it was the last 200 years that brought forth this current age in technology and social life-style. It's full of various parties: average joes wanting to Set Right What Once Went Wrong(in their eyes), Neo-Nazis trying to cause Britain to fall and help their führer, people loyal to the Soviet Union trying to use Stalin to ensure it remains, the Time Police trying to defeat these people, and assholes trying to help the world's terrible tyrants because evil helps evil ensure the victory of evil and destruction of good! And of course Tesla, can't forget Tesla. All these parties are, ironically, always trying to stop the other changing history in their favour, prevent too much change. Who knows, given time travel, if the sheer chaos of this war attributed to the factors that led up to World War I and II in the first place?
ALL OF EXISTENCE is a gigantic temporal war centered on Hitler.Hitler is/was the fixed point of it, cause, end, and every major event centered around him... and everyone was trying to kill him. However, smart people bothered to look into every single available timeline and noticed that "Oh crap, if we kill him, we die horribly from Eldritch Abomination!". Everyone is fighting everyone and the laws of physics are horribly screwed in every universe except this one due to the massive restrictions and immediate armistices to prevent anybody from touching his timeline and destroying all of existence. Time travel not being developed in this continuity will be the only timetravel zone allowed at all, as it has relatively few casualties.
- So, is Hitler, being the centre of all existence, our Real Life equivalent of Haruhi Suzumiya?
- No wonder Hitler was consumed by pride-he really is that important!
The reason for Hitler's central Temporal and Existential influence can be explained by Puella Magi Madoka Magica.Repeated Endless Recursions of Time will create innumerable multiple alternate universes for each and every alteration of time (e.g. the infinite Many-Worlds theory of quantum mechanics). If these Endless Recursions of Time were concentrated and dedicated for a single person (e.g. Madoka), then the alternate multiverses will connect and combine with said central entity as their centre, resulting in accumulating energy potential to critical mass that may even create a Reality Warper singularity, aka God. Resulting in a thermodynamics-defying Eldritch Abomination once the recursion-powered Puella Magi mutates into a Witch due to the absolute despair caused by the collective emotional misery that come from the multiverse. Homura created a "Groundhog Day" Loop in a desperate attempt to save Madoka from dying or witch mutation during Walpurgisnacht, but it went From Bad to Worse because Homura's time repeats had linked multiple parallel universes together with Madoka's fate as their centre. With every reset, Homura would force yet another parallel universe to be centered around Madoka. The accumulated karma is the reason why Madoka's potential power is so great, her energy is multiple universes' worth, resulting in her amplified potential to mutate into either a God or an Eldritch Abomination. Now, take that scenario, turn it up to eleventy billion with the endless list of Time Lords in infinite numbers of alternate timelines waiting to kill Hitler, and apply how it relates to the purpose of Hitler's Time Travel Exemption Act. And this is what will happen if all these Time Lords were ever allowed to converge into a grand temporal war for Hitler's life until his fated death during April 30, known to Nazi occultists as the "Walpurgisnacht". Hitler, as fuelled by the infinite combined power of all these infinite causalities of all the infinite numbers of universes, will turn into The Omnipotent Reality Warper Eldritch Abomination that would scare the goddess of hope into crying into Infinite Despair Event Singularity. Hitler has more Time Lords to power him forever than Madokami has Homura resets. And Hitler is angsty and emo enough to be able to do it without needing female puberty, fancy magical girl costumes and an Incubator. Also, his Witch Form, named after his fated death on Walpurgisnacht (and to keep with the Gratuitous German Theme Naming of the Witches), will be Walpurgisnacht with the Eldritch abilities turned Up to Eleven. The Incubators feared contracting him, because even Kyubey had standards, and Witch!Hitler is almost certainly an Omnicidal Maniac who will trigger an Apocalyptic destruction of all and every single thing that ever existed and will exist..
Just one simple question: why do so many tropers consider Stalin a bloodthirsty monster willing to conquer the world instead of Hitler?Command & Conquer: Red Alert plot with Stalin taking over the world? Someone's got to visit their school few more times. By the year 1941 Soviet Union just was not capable of winning a world war. Remember back: in 1918 WWI ends, Russia gets nothing yet loses soldiers, money and all that stuff. In 1917-1922 a civil war arises, ruining economics, destroying science, killing a whole bunch of people. Don't forget about foreign intervention during that time. The Soviet Union was only able to afford industry because of the Lend-Lease Act from the Allies, started by World War II. Now, less than twenty years after, do you really think USSR would start another war?
- To answer your last question, He did. To answer your first question, Holodomor, among other events. While the "A Million Is a Statistic" line is a Beam Me Up, Scotty!, he has this sort of reputation of not being nice to minority groups...
The Nazis themselves are responsible for this trope.Originally, World War I did not result in the Treaty of Versailles(or plain didn't happen), and the Nazi party was just some fringe political party. Decades, centuries even millennia pass until time travel is invented, and the Nazi party is still completely obscure. They then use time travel to find a way of letting them rise to political power; first by changing the results(or causing) World War I so that Germany ends up paying big. Next, get someone as a figurehead-the ranting, embittered Austrian veteran should work. The reason why they didn't just use their super-advanced technology to ensure victory was that the Time Police got to them, destroyed their technology and the survivors were stuck there. Any attempt to assassinate Hitler(or any other major Nazi official) between 1923 and 1945 fails because the time-travelling Nazis are Genre Savvy to counter this-shooting anyone who manages to be too good at getting close to Hitler(as they're probably time travellers). The attempts between 1889 and 1923 fail because of the Temporal War, moral complications, butterfly effect and being plain difficult to find Hitler before then.
The universe hates the human species.And Hitler's Time Travel Exemption Act is its Sadistic Choice-hence why everything seems to go bad when you try to kill Hitler. I'm assuming its because of all the time travel we do
As an alternative to an above WMG, instead of being necessary to make Nazism specifically look bad, Hitler is necessary to make anti-Semitism in general look bad.Adolf Hitler, after all, did not create the idea that the Jews were responsible for everything wrong with the human race. He had unique reasons for believing such (he thought they had created the "lie" of the brotherhood of men, that they had created peace and love, etc.). But Europeans had been believing Jews were evil for over a thousand years. Heck, they used to take it for granted that "the Jews killed Jesus Christ." Even in Grimm's Fairy Tales the Jews are portrayed as cheats and liars. Shakespeare's sympathetic Jew Shylock is portrayed as something of a jerk who suffers a Humiliation Conga and Shylock is still one of the most sympathetic Jewish portrayals of that era. And of course, there were lots of "pogroms" out there specifically to either kill Jews or at least exile them, such as in Russia and Hungary for example. What is all this adding up to, you ask? Basically, Adolf Hitler showed the world where anti-Semitism would really lead. Hitler's idea to exterminate the Jews, after all, was the logical outcome of a belief system portraying Jews as eternal traitors to Christ. Hitler exists to be a "wake-up call", and that is why attempting to kill him would mess up the timeline: if you succeeded, Hitler doesn't exterminate the Jews in a central program...instead, the millions and millions of Christian civilians eventually try to kill the Jews instead. Why? Because they never had Hitler's "negative example" to learn from and thus never learned the real consequences of scapegoating a whole race. Hitler needs to exist in history as the "inevitable outcome" of scapegoating, attempted genocide, in order to make anti-Semitism "uncool" and "no longer acceptable".
Because Hitler is exempt from time travel shenanigans, this ensures that all time travel prior to WW2 does not affect the timeline.The whole 'genocide and war' thing was just an unfortunate coincidence.