open/close all folders
The entire reason why Ddraig and Albion started a huge fight was to figure out if breasts or butts were better.
- Brought up by the fanbase thanks to Vali revealing his fetish for butts and the soul of one of the White Dragon Emperor users who thinks butts are wonderful too. And this is his Famous Last Words to Issei before committing a Heroic Sacrifice
At some point in the near future, Issei will be on the ropes and about to die, when Rias will save him with her 'new' total obliteration move.
- Mentioning it and not using it is bad, and she really deserves a 'Save Issei' moment other than acting as a battery.
- She apparently one-shotted Grendel. Who still is alive after having everything but half of his head blown away.
Issei's final and most powerful attack will be like the 00-Raiser Sword.
- He'll have both Great Red and Ophis' eye colors on him, fire off that Dragon Blast so huge that he can use to slash an opponent. I'm only thinking of this because Ishibumi is One of Us; a huge mecha and tokusatsu fan.
- Nope. It'll be in the author-discussed possible Shiva the Destroyer arc. He'll have all of the girls (not just Rias) fire boob lasers into his hands, charging up two gigantic breast-shaped Spirit Bombs. The biggest charge will surprisingly come from Parvati because, according to Hindu Mythology, Shiva had blown off Ganesh's head when the latter, being Parvati's bodyguard, wouldn't let Shiva enter the bath with her (Shiva replaced it with an elephant's head). This could be extended into Shiva constantly bullying Ganesh, and Parvati will punish him by helping Issei. Shiva will be known to come back to life later because he's part of the Hindu trinity with Brahma the Creator and Vishnu the Preserver, but he'll be expected to learn his lesson in the meantime. One of the last scenes of the battle between full-power Cardinal Crimson Queen Issei vs. Shiva the Destroyer will be of Shiva standing with his arms spread to catch Issei's Spirit Boobs like the famous Asura vs Wyzen scene from Asura's Wrath, just before he gets squished between the boobs and blows up in a World-Wrecking Wave of breast power. Remember how the author said in the afterword of one of the volumes that he had to control himself when writing the fight scenes or they would have ended up "like the battle in Dragon Ball?"
Chichigami-sama (the Breast God) is represented by none other than Paio II, the trope pantheon's goddess of boobies.
- Considering Issei's love for boobies, it will not be surprising if he gets elected as her high priest.
- Speaking of which, why do we not have a pantheon for Issei yet?
- Already done. Check the House of Combat for the God of Clothing Damage.
- Speaking of which, why do we not have a pantheon for Issei yet?
The next time Issei obtains a power up from Rias' breasts, it will cause Ryuuteimaru (Issei's familiar which is a living ship) to evolve. Why, it might have a nude Rias as the figurehead at the prow
- If the ship really does react to Issei's aura, this could be a likely result.
Issei's new Dragon body will be the key to the defeat of Rizevim.
- Two reasons for this
- 1: Sacred Gears do not work on Rizevim.
- 2: There is way way the creator would give Ise this whole new body makeup and not do anything with it.
- Confirmed as a key factor. The real winner is the Hyoudou family (including Asia). The final transformation is still not quite powerful enough against Rizevim, but everytime Ise is beaten down, Asia would heal him and his parents would keep cheering for him, allowing him to keep going. Doubles as Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
- Fafnir is the one who finishes off Rizevim, though.
Michael is far stronger than it seems, and a super-angelIn the The Book of Revelation', from were (in)famous Great Red originates, Archangel Michael actually defeats the Great Red, in what could be described a fairly Curb-Stomp Battle. So this may be a clue Michael has powers rivaling, or at least approaching that of even the strongest characters, like Shiva, Great Red or fully powered Ophis, but like Sirzechs, Michael keeps his true power sealed and hidden.
God died on purpose to help create peace between the Three Factions.After God sealed Albion and Ddraig into sacred gears and then used nearly all of his power to seal Trihexa, he had to have known he was in a state where he was truly weak enough to be killed. Likely realizing that the Great War served a similar threat to Trihexa if left to continue, he continued fighting in this state and eventually was killed. His and the Four Great Satans' deaths ended the war and put the three factions into a ceasefire which eventually lead to the summit that lead to peace between the three factions. This seems to be exemplified by how Azazel says the world is still going without God after the magicians' terrorist attack.
All of Issei's harem have breasts as large as Rias & Akeno by the time of EX, and Issei is the reason for this.
- During High School DxD EX, there's a point where Issei and his son with Rias, Ex, are talking with each other and Ex mentions in the future that all of his harem have become Buxom Is Better, including Koneko, Le Fay, and even Asia to the point all his children thought at first that women should have large chests. The actual size of all Issei's girls isn't ever elaborated on, but since the one who mentions this is Ex and Rias is his biological mother, this likely means they've grown to be as large as Rias and Akeno's size range (which is 99-102 cm/39-40 in) or more. Ex then even complains Issei only married girls like this, which may mean he learned Issei purposely made his wives this way, perhaps by mastering the Boosted Girl enough that his original thought on boosting Rias' boobs and that they could get bigger became a reality and he gave his girls Breast Expansion to these sizes.
- Ex is actually talking to Azazel.
The first episode of the anime's fourth season will have a Bedmate Reveal scene.In the first season, Issei woke up to find Rias in his bed at the end of the first episode. In the second season, he woke up to find Rias sleeping with him again. In the third season, he woke up with Rias and Asia sleeping in his bed, only to be joined by Akeno shortly after. In the fourth season...
- According to the first trailer, Issei wakes up to find Akeno, Koneko, and Asia on his bed as in volume 9. Then, Rias joins them.
What will be done about Issei having sex with his haremNow that the series is in its final arc, Ishibumi will have to figure out a way to work in Issei having sex with his harem, given that it's a Foregone Conclusion. Maybe he will have sex with Rias and Akeno first off?
Animation studio for the fourth seasonAccording to this report, Passione will animate the season in TNK's stead. Given that, it's probable that they will:
- Keep most of the original main staff and cast such as Tetsuya Yanagisawa.
- Create censored and uncensored versions of episodes (obviously the AT-X airing will be uncensored).
- It's now been confirmed that Passione will animate the series. However, it's jossed with the main staff since it'll be a totally new production team right from the get-go.
The "final" battle will be the battle to end all battles.Given the Serial Escalation regarding the battles in major arcs. One can possibly imagine that the battle will maybe decide the definite order of devils, fallen angels, angels, mythologies, dragons, and humanity. And every side will bring their most powerful arsenals we can't possibly imagine.
Rias and Sona will become the new heirs of their respective clansGiven how Sirzechs and Serafall sealed themselves during their battle with Trihexa. Rias and Sona are constantly described as the heiresses to their clans. Plus it will be a nice send-off to their siblings in taking over their roles.
- Rias and Sona were already the next in line to be the heads of their respective clans. That's why they are called "heiresses" ("princesses" in the original Japanese). Satans/Devil-Kings are not allowed to lead individual clans, and according to EX, Rias steps down as soon as Millicas comes of age and hands the Gremory clan over to him, and then she splits her time between competing in Rating Games and essentially becoming Issei's harem's investment manager).
Kuoh Academy will be the final location visited in the seriesIn the case that after the series' Final Battle takes place, Issei may end up graduating from Kuoh Academy and become a famous hero by the school, even for the girls and his harem. Not only that, but it'll possibly be in a Book-Ends sort of way.
Fanservice in HeroNow that Hero has been announced for a 2018 release, Passione will have to figure out what to do with the fanservice (i.e. nudity, bath sequences) for this season without turning it into Rail Wars! 2.0. Seeing as the previous seasons contain a decent amount of fanservice, Passione would most likely retain it for Hero.
Most of the faction leaders who sealed themselves will survive until the finaleTrue, all of the faction leaders sealed themselves to contain Trihexa, but they might return after the battle is over. It seems likely that if or when they die, it will be during the Final Battle of the series, in an either of the Passing the Torch variety or as a Sacrificial Lion to note that the cast is on their own.
Xenovia Quarta's possible replacement actressGiven that Risa Taneda is slowly getting back into work on her voice acting after recovering from an unfortunate throat illness, there's some chance Taneda would possibly be recast if she doesn't reprise her role. Despite how iconic characters like James Bond, Indiana Jones, Saint Seiya, Astro Boy, Doraemon, Lupin III and Cutey Honey are, there have been multiple actors to play them.
What will be done for the simulcast of HeroNow that Funimation is streaming all of the subtitle streams for the first three seasons to Crunchyroll, they will have to figure out a way to simulcast the subs and the dubs should they license Hero. Maybe Funimation would keep the censored versions for a bit until the release date of the first home video versions, in which the streams will be uncensored, like they've done in the past?
Gasper is the fifth illegitimate son of Dio BrandoWell, think about it, the power to stop time doesn't just drop out of the sky every day unless there was something special about your heritage. Stands in the universe of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure are hereditary powers that are passed from father/mother to child to future descendants, and the identical power of Dio's "The World" stand manifests in his most recent "descendant" Kujo Jotaro. In Gasper's case, he has internalized the power of his Stand rather than physically manifest it. Hence while the poor boy IS still a half-vampire, his father simply isn't who he thought it was. The double stigma of being an illegitimate child on top of being an impure half human was what probably made the bullying suffered in childhood all the worse in the undead aristocracy. This would also explain his androgynously beautiful blonde appearance (which he got from Dio) and his sweet kind and Adorkable personality (which he got from Jonathan, whose body Dio stole).
The old man Issei met and changed his life to love anything breast related was an incarnation of Norio Wakamoto
- The only reason would be this video.
Someone before the start of the series, sects of the Church were involved in a civil war
- Specifically, The Troubles. Once you go far enough down the chain of command, Heaven being a place people can actually visit becomes classified information and sub-factions start to develop - Protestants and Catholics being two of them. What was known as "The Troubles" to the general human population was the symptom of equally vicious infighting within the ranks of church assassins and exorcists, itself possibly caused by rumors of a future alliance between themselves and "unholy" groups. This sort of in-house chaos would also explain why there are so many off-the-leash priests and ethically dubious experiments going on without much oversight.
During the likely conflict against enemy vampires...
- Gasper will bite Issei's neck to suck his blood and gain a powerful power-up, thus bringing Ho Yay to a whole new "dangerous" level as a result. Kiba and even the girls might actually feel envious of Gasper. Also, expect Gasper to act as though he had his "first time" with Issei.
- Gasper will be suffering from the cruelty of the enemy or even ally vampires. Expect Issei to inspire him to fight on and remind him that he is the "Danball Vampire God" with insane yet awesome Danball Vampire action as a result.
- Should Issei or any of his allies bring some garlic, expect him to use gift on the said garlic to combat enemy vampires.
- All got jossed. Gasper just decided to murder the man responsible for changing his best friend and that Rizevim drops by to personally wipe out the vampires.
The anime's fourth season is going to adapt EX and completely Retcon the BorN Alternate Timeline out of existence in favor of continuing the anime from where it last left off.
- The curse inflicted on Rias and Issei by Loki, the battle with Rias and Issei's clone in the Dimensional Gap, they're going bye-bye.
- While it would be nice to see a more faithful adaptation of Volumes 5-7, and adapting EX could pave the way for that, it's not very likely, if only because Issei and co. are not EX's main characters. It's far more likely that Season 4 will adapt Volumes 9 and 10 (Volume 8 being a collection of short stories, some of which have already been adapted as filler), with a couple of Discontinuity Nods and some Broad Strokes treatment thrown in.
- There are also rumors going around about the season's plotline about time travel. Given this, it's possible that they'll either:
- Have Issei go on a time-travel adventure and stop Loki from causing chaos in the anime's timeline.
- Have Issei's 20 children go back to the past to confront Loki.
- Leaving aside the fact that those are only rumors, and completely unsubstantiated, it seems counter-intuitive to "correct" something that was disliked because it was anime-only by creating more anime-only content, and besides, BorN already has a built-in Reset Button in that Issei and Rias both suffer memory loss upon returning to the human world. In short, they don't need to do anything to put the anime back in line with the novels except never mention the changes or the anime-original content again.
- The official trailer has generic cut-out animations of the main characters interspersed with illustrations from the light novels. Those illustrations are from, in order: Volume 19 (one of its covers), Volume 17 ( Issei making a Declaration of Protection to Rossweisse after she asks him to kill her if it looks like she's being controlled), Volume 7 ( Rias comforting Issei before the second battle with Loki; the two battles were combined and heavily modified to make one battle in the anime), Volume 11 ( a "press extra" of Koneko going into heat and propositioning Issei), Volume 10 ( Sairaorg Bael in his equivalent of a Balance Breaker), Volume 4 (Issei and Vali's first fight), Volume 20 ( a glamour shot of Diehauser Belial), and DX1 (short story collection) ( a glamour shot of Rossweisse and Ophis). Make of that what you will.
- The Gremory vs. Sitri Rating Game will also be added (maybe) for the fourth season, given that it was an essential element featured at the end of Volume 5.
- Incorporating the Gremory-Sitri Rating Game into Season 4 would require massive modification to the storyline, since most of its important parts ( Koneko and Akeno using their nekomata and fallen angel powers, respectively, for the first time, with Issei's support; Tsubaki revealing her Sacred Gear Mirror Alice and what it does; Issei's unveiling of Pailingual) were moved to other battles in Season 3. They would also have to add in Rossweisse somehow. However, something worth noting is that there are no illustrations from Volume 9 in the trailer. Volume 9 is one of only a handful of novels that Rias is barely in, as it involves the second-year students (including Issei, Asia, Kiba, Xenovia, Irina, Kiryuu, Matsuda and Motohoma) and some faculty advisers (which include Azazel and Rossweisse) taking a class trip to Kyoto; Rias has a handful of scenes at the beginning, one very brief (and weird) scene in the middle, and one scene at the end. Some (but not all) of Volume 9's important moments could be reworked into a Rating Game if the studio wants to give Rias more screentime - but then again, Volume 10 also involves a Rating Game (and a much more important one), and the studio may not want to do two in one season.
- Jossed now that it's been confirmed that New will cover volume 9 and 10.
Issei will stay dead for real; however, Ophis will replace him as the new Issei.
Fourth season title guesses