Several characters in Bleach
had different names when they were alive:
Ryuk's world, then, is Hueco Mundo and he and his friends are arrancar. Their referring to themselves as "shinigami" is a half-truth born of jealousy, and perhaps a justification for their murderous actions.
- Notably, this means the arrencar have an ability that most shinigami do not - the ability to give living humans additional lifespan (albeit at the rather nasty cost of that being half their lifespan, and they have to die in the process) - which in turn could make them living Holy Grails, like the one that made Indiana Jones have such an extended lifespan!
Orange-ish hair, adept at creating magical helpers, and take a look at Orihime's powers:
- The ability to deny events and return anything to a previous state-in other words, Endless Magic.
- Shielding. Beatrice is the only magical being shown to have level of skill required to block (and return!) bullets from higly anti-magical guns. She is also pretty good at breaking shields, which probably requires similar knowledge.
- Tsubaki. The Stakes are pretty clearly a more sofisticated version of this ability.
Haruhi is enthusiastic, is so obsessed with the Awesome
that she ignores the normal), has made mass from nothing, and puts the Rule of Cool
before the Laws of Physics, like Spiral Energy does. Haruhi, therefore, is the equivalent of the world of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Orihime is emotionally fragile, holds the Powers of God in her hands but acts weak, is only useful when there are others around, and generates what look like AT Fields. Orihime is the equivalent of the world of Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Orihime isn't Shinji. Her cooking is proof.
- Haruhi's powers are like Spiral Energy — offensive, limitless, and running off enthusiasm. Orihime's powers are like AT Fields — defensive, shield-like, and usually limited to the person's reach. Haruhi's powers are from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann; Orihime's powers are from Neon Genesis Evangelion.