The Duke is Cyrus.Escape From New York is an alternate reality if he had never been assassinated, and his plan to unite the gangs of New York had succeeded.
The Duke is Masai, Cyrus' second-in-command.Escape From New York is what happens after Masai takes over the Gramercy Riffs and fulfills Cyrus' dream of uniting all the gangs in the city.
The remake will have Snake as a woman, played by Michelle RodriguezOkay, this is more wishful thinking, but anyone who's seen Machete knows what I'm talking about.
- Funnily enough, the main character in Doomsday was imagined as Snake as a woman.
Snake Plissken is Ajax from The WarriorsAfter he was arrested, they gave him a choice: the army, or jail. He chose the army, participated in Special Ops, flew the gulffire over Leningrad, ended up becoming a criminal again...you get the idea.
- It's somehow doubtful that someone with a criminal record could become an officer, as Snake did.
- There was a war on. A wartime expansion of forces, combined with battlefield losses, would create a heavy enough demand for officers that exceptions could be made in order to get enough men to fill the Order of Battle.
- Men, yes. Officers, no. Unless Snake got a Field Promotion.
Snake Plissken is Swan from The WarriorsHe and Mercy leave New York, but eventually part ways. As above, he joins the army and the rest is history.
Escape From New York is set in the Fallout universeSnake's oversized watch is an early Pipboy prototype.
Escape From New York is set in the Judge Dredd universeThe USPF is a precursor to the judges. Their uniforms with riot helmets even look very similar to the Judges' uniforms in the Origins flashbacks. New York is part of the undercity in the Dredd verse, so it's possible that the city was just built over with the prisoners still there (it's not as if they gave a shit about them to begin with) to create the foundations for Mega City One and the prisoners' descendants later devolved into Troggies, the undercity dwellers seen in some stories.
Why everyone thought Snake was deadIt's a coverup for him trying to rob the Federal Reserve. Instead of telling the public that a decorated war hero turned traitor, they said he was KIA.
- Everybody in New York knows who Snake is already. It's doubtful they know about the Federal Reserve. It's more likely that Kansas City is why everyone thinks Snake is dead.
The explosive pellets that were going to blow open Snake's cartoid arteries?Lie. They didn't need to be real: after 24 hours neither Snake nor the President mattered. Snake only needed to believe they were real so that he was motivated.
- Considering that the same thing happened in Escape from L.A., this is very plausible.
- According to some sources, the explosive pellets were going to be revealed to be a lie with Snake handing over the tape and the countdown timer running out, showing that he was never really in any danger (Carpenter cut this and played it straight in this film, and recycled the whole thing being a lie in the second film).
Snake Plissken is a decendant of The Man With No Name.Why else would Lee Van Cleef be in the movie with him.