open/close all folders
Future MS/MA units predictions
The next title (i.e. DWG4) will start drawing from the various side materials, (potentially lesser-known) OVAs, video games, and manga adaptations included.Let's be honest here: Gundam is such an all-encompassing, tremendously gigantic franchise that, if sales kept the series afloat, the DW:G series could keep going for at least another 3-4 games on the basis of adding 20-30 new Mobile Suits per title. Story isn't much trouble to deal with, since the series runs on Excuse Plots revolving around non-SD SD Gundam Gundams. The only problem is that most of the series represented are coming close to exhausting the "main" lineup of characters and their Mobile Suits. Yes, titles like G Gundam, Gundam X, ∀, SEED Destiny, and 00 (among others) haven't really had their surfaces scratched either and other entries such as The 08th MS Team and War in the Pocket have yet to be touched at all, but why stop there? I managed to devise a "wish list" of sorts that spans close to (if not more than) 90 Mobile Suits and Mobile Armors, with a good number of them hailing from side-stories. (And that was back in 2013, for the record.) Therefore, I say bring on the Blue Destiny 1 note , Le Cygne, S Gundam, the Crossbone Gundam X-1, Gundam Griepe, Hydra Gundam, Mercurius Suivant and Vayeate Suivant note , Wing Gundam Seraphim note , Gundam Belphagor note , the various Astray Frames, Stargazer Gundam and Strike Noir, Gundam Astraea note , and more. Even use OG MS like Phoenix Gundam note and Extreme Gundam note if need be. As far as Gundam is concerned, diversity is hardly a bad thing.
- Johnny Ridden was in the second game, so the MSV and spin-off games are at least on the radar.
- The bulk of new additions (excluding Promoted to Playable Mobile Armors) stem from SEED and SEED Destiny, plus a few from Unicorn, though some additions like Bearguy and Wing Zero Custom will be DLC.
The next game will feature...Extreme Gundam. Why? because he's a unit made for video games that could easily act as the fourth of the Dynasty Gundams.
Suits for the next game list.A Gundam wish list:
- Gundam Sandrock
- Gundam Altron
- Gundam Wing
- Rose Gundam
- Bolt Gundam
- Dragon Gundam
- Maxter Gundam
- Nobel Gundam
- Rising Gundam
- Shining Gundam
- Spiegel Gundam
- Dark/Devil Gundam
- Savior Gundam
- GP00 "Blossom"
- GP04 "Gerbera"
- Gundam Virsago Chest Break
Possible story scenarios (the plot in general, character team-ups, rivalries, etc.)
We'll get teams in a future game based on being similar characters.Such as a team out of the mentally troubled girls that have a connection to the protagonist, like Four, Rosamia, and the Purus. Another team will be the junk collectors, like Judau, Garrod, Dou, and Louwe Geue. And of course a team consisting of nothing but Char and his clones.
- Why can't we go back to the teams from the first DW:G? Zechs, Domon, and Puru was probably the most awesome thing about that game.
The main antagonist(s) of 4 will be the G-Saviour and all assorted elements of G-Saviour.Why not poke some fun at the one entry no one wants to acknowledge as part of the Gundam franchise by having it attempt to reassert itself into canon via time-space continuum shenanigans? You could perhaps even bring in another SD Gundam (Command Gundam, Ryubi Gundam, etc.) to serve as The Corrupter/Treacherous Advisor/The Man Behind the Man.
Dynasty Warriors characters will actually be in one of the future games.Because goddammit, why not? Think of Lu Bu and Zhao Yun in actual Gundams. THINK!
- They could bring this series full circle and add BB Senshi Sangokuden mobile suits. For added points, they could tie the actual Dynasty Warriors characters to their respective Gundams. And if they really wanna milk this, there's also a Sengoku line of BB Senshi, which they can tie with Samurai Warriors.
The next game will feature new modes.What it says on the tin. What kind of new modes? Well these are my guesses:
- Altered History Mode: Mostly just Original Mode, but you can take the story off the rails. Don't want that one character to die? With enough skill you can stop it from happening. With special cutscenes at the end of each scenario with three general outcomes: Normal (as per canon) Perfect (better than canon) and Bad (worse than canon).
- Developer Mode: A series of missions that let you upgrade a Mobile Suit's weapons and stats. Rewards are handed out based on how well you perform in each mission. Gone are the plans; now your Suit just fails to improve unless you complete missions.
- Customize Mode: This one is just wishful thinking, really. In this mode, you'd be able to turn any unit into an Ace Custom. Each unit would have a load out limit and its stats would change as you moved further away from the default. (A GM using the Double X's satellite cannon has a higher shot stat but is slowed down as an example.)
- Scenario Mode: Partly inspired by Hyrule Warriors and partly by the main series' gameplay in the Empires installments. In this mode you have assorted maps with at least two factions. The goal is to have whichever faction you are playing as take control of the map. Maps have their own stories to them, such as a map where ZAFT and Zeon square off over who is the superior space race. Alternatively you can have maps where the Titans faction exist with the heroes of the One Year War being a second faction and then all four versions of Neo-Zeon (Haman's, Glemy's, Char's, and Frontal's) are also present) use money earned in battle to buy new weapons, armor, equipment and even lower level suits.
The next Dynasty Warriors: Gundam's plot.Extreme Gundam, acting as the fourth Dynasty Warrior, will unleash havoc by saying only the worthy can claim him. In reality, though, it's a scheme to draw out the Musha, Musha MKII, and Knight Gundams so that he can prove himself the ultimate Gundam Dynasty Warrior. In the end all the pilots team up to take him down.