The Agency is The Organization in the 20th century.both are nameless groups, that Donald/PK's had some dealings with.
The Organization in this series, and the PKNA one are one and the same.Name's The Same, and it would provide Arc Welding for both series. True or not, it's my new Head Canon! though whether the 23rd century traveled back, and became the 20th century version, or the 20th century version eventually becomes the the 23rd century, or both is best left unanswered.
- If the 20th century version is the ancestor of the 23rd century one, would provide an amusing scene if Donald meets an Organization agent calling himself The Raider...
- We may know soon: one of the PKNE stories of 2016 is going to be a crossover with Double Duck, and Lyla appears.
- Jossed by "Pk vs Double Duck: Time Crime": the 23rd century Organization is a different syndicate, created by Axel Alpha and rogue Time Cop John Konnery when they escaped in the early 23rd century and named after the 20th century version by Axel as a show of gratitude for turning him to evil.
The Time Police is a branch of the 23rd Century version of the Agency.
- Jossed in "Reboot": the Agency was officially disbanded and forced to operate under complete cover in the 21st century.
S.H.U.S.H. and F.O.W.L. are branches of the Agency and the Organization.
Double Duck initial mission was one of the triggers of Donald becoming PaperinikIn Paperinik's first story Donald was even easier to anger than usual and rather prone to react harshly to anything smelling of underestimating him (like Scrooge offering him a job as night-time fanner and saying he wouldn't be able to steal a nut from a blind squirrel), with his reaction to finding Fantomius' journal and gadgets being becoming a Phantom Thief to get revenge on anyone who dared laughing at him. And having a sub-conscious knowledge of being actually able at the job of friggin' secret agent while still being treated as practically useless would have been quite the frustrating thing...
- Jossed by "Pk vs Double Duck: Time Crime": Gizmo is already the main scientist of the Agency when Donald has his first mission, but we're shown he had been hired only recently on the day Donald discovers Fantomius' journal.
The identity of Hook is GladstoneIn his first mission, Double Duck took the place of Hook, a legendary invincible gambler whose real identity was unknown to all. And who's better for the role than the luckiest duck on Earth?
Theories on John Konnery's relationship to Kay"Pk vs Double Duck: Time Crime" reveals that rogue Time Cop John Konnery is a 23rd century descendant of Abel Konnery, Kay's father, but John's relationship with Kay isn't stated (she assumes he's her descendant, but he never says anything and didn't know she lived in Abel's old Duckburg home). Here we make guesses on their actual relationship:
- Kay is a direct ancestor, and Donald is the father of her son in a one-night stand.
- Kay is a direct ancestor, but her son's father is Axel Alpha. This of course begs the question of where the son is, given that Axel left for the 23rd century and decided to stay there, meaning he can't father her son after this...
- John is actually the descendant of another child of Abel Konnery.
- Kay will adopt a child in the future, and John descends from this child.
- Kay has a child from a member of Actinia.
The mystery backerStarting with "Reboot", the Agency depends from an unknown backer for funding. Who's the backer?
- Scrooge McDuck: as of "Time Crime" the PIA stories are part of the Double Duck continuity, meaning that Scrooge isn't a stranger to the counter-espionage business.
- The Ducklair Foundation
- The Agency's Big Boss. His whereabouts are currently unknown, and considering he's an AI...
Daisy will join the AgencyWhile overshadowed by the PKNA connection, "Time Crime" also established a connection to the PIA stories, where Donald worked as a secret agent for Scrooge... And "Mission: Bob Fingher", the very first story, shows that Daisy was working for Scrooge as a secret agent from before Donald was contacted. And with Kay going back to crime...