WMG: Digimon Savers
This section covers Digimon Savers, or Digimon Data Squad in the US. For WMG regarding the entire franchise, go here. For WMGs specific to another work, go to the following: Anime
- Digimon Adventure
- Digimon Adventure 02
- Digimon Tamers
- Digimon Frontier
- Digimon Savers (Digimon Data Squad)
- Digimon Xros Wars (Digimon Fusion)
- Digimon Xros Wars: The Young Hunters Leaping Through Time
- Digimon Adventure 2015
Belphemon is a corrupted MetalgarurumonPsychemon, a recolor of Gabumon, becomes Astamon. Astamon canonically evolves to Belphemon. It is said that Lillithmon is a fallen Ophanimon. Daemon is a fallen Seraphimon.
- Except not. A the time, his rookie form was Phascomon, a demonic koala. He did digivolve from Astamon even then, but below that were Porcupamon and Phascomon while Psychemon became Gururumon adn then Weregarurumon.
- Cross Wars is not a good source of evolutionary lines, to be honest. Belphemon is the final form of the Phascomon line, as they were introduced that way.
- If it was Izzy's computer the whole world could be Izzy's attempt to simulate a more orderly world, hence the deeper understanding of human digimon relation. Hypnos explains why Yggdrasil tries so hard to keep humans and digimon separate.
Nanami is Alice's reincarnation
Digisoul is Spiral Energy.When you look at it, they are too similar. 1) It is produced by intense feelings and will to live 2) It induces evolution 3) It manifests as a colored energy 4) It can break the laws of how things should work. Furthering this WMG, Digimon Savers is actually an alternate reality version of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Masaru is a combined counterpart to both Simon and Kamina (Hot-Blooded like Kamina, saves the universe like Simon), Yoshino is Yoko and the partner Digimon are Gunmen (Agumon, for example, is Lagann), with the Burst Modes being counterparts to the Tengen Toppa mechs from the Lagann Hen movie. Some, like Tohma, Ikuto and Kurata are unique to the Savers universe (unless you see Tohma as a counterpart to Rossiu). On the villainous side, Mercuremon is Lordgenome's counterpart and Yggdrasil the Anti-Spiral's.
Yggdrasil and the Royal Knights did not get involved sooner because they were killing X-Digimon.The climax wasn't the first time Yggdrasil got fed up with the world and started over. It had been done before but the X-Digimon, who had developed an immunity to Yggdrasil, escaped from the old world into the new one. The Royal Knights were busy hunting them down. The only X Digimon we see(Metalphantomon) is hiding in a fissure. He was hiding from the Royal Knights.
- Adding to this, Yggdrasil's horrible actions are what allowed the Seven Great Demon Lords to rebel, not because they were good or anything but because enough Digimon were willing to help them destroy Yggdrasil's new Digital World.
The Series was partially funded by the Yakuza and contains Yakuza propaganda.Some fans theorize that the Yakuza may have had a hand in the series creation, mainly due to the frequent use of terms such as "Aniki", the overtop incompetence and corruption present in the series authority figures and the framing of delinquent characters (Masaru and Bancholeomon) as heroic figures. Since Yakuza like to use Manga and Anime as recruitment tools, some fans think that this may have been an attempt to make anti-authority organizations and individuals (and thus the Yakuza) seem more sympathetic to children in comparison to law enforcement agencies framed as corrupt.
- However, its worth mentioning that Sampson, Yoshi, Miki, and Megumi all became Police Officers in the Epilogue. Thus while it may be critical of authority figures to an extent (e.g. Hashima giving so much power to Kurata to pursue his goals), it doesn't dismiss the possibility that it can be reformed. On top of that, Kouki, in contrast to Marcus's sympathetic example of a delinquent, is portrayed to be an asshole thug who was willing to put innocent bystander's lives at risk to have a battle against Marcus and Agumon. And most importantly of all, why would Namco-Bandai need money from the Yakuza anyway? It's not like they didn't have the financial resources after Bandai and Namco's merger. The claims of Yakuza having a part in Digimon Savers creation sound about as credible as Conspiracy Theories about Obama's Birth Certificate.
Ultimate Power! Activate Burst Mode will be dubbed and aired on Nickelodean prior to the American English Premiere of Digimon Fusion.In addition, this troper also predicts that select other Digimon movies (Hopefully including a more faithful redubbing of Our War Game) for prior seasons will also be aired. Saban and Nickelodean might do this for the sake of introducing to potential new viewers characters who will eventually appear during the Crisis Crossover.
- Our War Game needs no redubbing, Digimon The Movie just needs Hurricane Touchdown removed.
Many years after the ending, Masaru learned to merge with Agumon and became that universe's Gankoomon.The season features the Royal Knights and the concept of human-digimon hybrids so it's not out of place for that to happen, Gankoomon has a Coat Cape like the Banchos, the most human head of all Royal Knights, and his Animal Battle Aura could pass for some distant Greymon relative. In terms of attitude, being part of the highest security organization but the only member wandering the Digital World actively fighting chaos seems like a fitting destiny for him.
Burst Mode & Super Ultimate are the same thing.The reason that they are named differently is the extreme rarity of the Super Ultimate level, across dimensions/continuities.