Pinkie Pie wrote this while insane at some point.
- Because that would be quite scary.
In the Cupcakes-verse, Windigos
corrupted Pinkie and caused her to become a cannibal and start the whole cupcakes thing.
Apparently, the Windigos were named after evil spirits that possessed people and turned them into cannibals. Perhaps the Windigos possessed Pinkie into doing it and they
are the ones who make the rules?
- Great, now I have this mental image of Pinkie Pie as a servant of Ithaqua, seeking to restore the Great Old Ones to mastery over Equestria. Ia, ia, Discord fthagn...
Pinkie Pie is the grim reaper for ponies
Well, this world runs on having ponies doing work that our planet comes naturally to us. So, why wouldn't there be a pony running the life cycles of each pony town/species.
Apple Bloom? well, eventually, the reaper's time will come too. Apple bloom is somepony she saw as a successor to her work.
The story was actually written by Discord
simply to Troll
Why? Because being locked in stone is boring
. And besides, that's just how he rolls
This was an actual episode.
Kind of. They did animate it, get it into full color, and get all the voice recordings. It wasn't meant to be released, for obvious reasons
, it was just to have fun. However, one day, in some foreign country were the show is popular
, it accidentally got broadcasted once. They stopped it from happening again, but not before scarring a lot of children. Someone in the US found out, and proceeded to write a story about it and publish it to the Internet.
- There is actually some truth to this one, though in a different way. Mister Davie, the creator of one of the animated adaptations, does claim to be an animator on the show... and the quality of his art style lends credence to this claim.
- Alternatively, Cupcakes is a MLP episode from a parallel universe where the series was created by the Tsalal.
If Rainbow Dash hadn't shown up when she did in Party of One, this fic would have happened.
You can't tell me that if it took them 5 minutes to convince her to never invite the other ponies to a party again, that given more time the Companion Cube
squad wouldn't have convinced her of this. What makes this truly frightening? Cupcakes was written before Party of One aired.
- Except in the fanfic she'd already killed Gilda after the episode she appeared in. So if we're applying the show's canon, she's been killing long before Party of One (unless you believe in the theory that the episodes are out of chronological order).
Pinkie Pie is related to BEN
Think about; both of them take captive of an innocent bystander for absolutely NO reason and proceed to torture them, both are childish, and both are working for someone they know/are related to.
Pinkie: Apple Bloom
Both of whom are trying to kill everyone they can. Thoughts?
This Pinkie Pie is a Changeling
Or otherwise not actually real Pinkie.
- Apple Bloom can also apply.
- Alternately, this Pinkie Pie is the real Pinkie and Rainbow is the fake. If the fanon that the changelings share a hive mind is true, Pinkie's a magnificent bitch going after evil changelings while posing as a serial killer so she doesn't tip them off. Although she may be Becoming the Mask.
Cupcakes happened because of Rainbow Factory
(i.e. they're in the same universe)
- Rainbow Dash's number wasn't originally that low, either Scootaloo or Orion was. However, after the events of Rainbow Factory, Pinkie didn't know who to kill because Dash screwed up the list, so she settled with killing Dash.
- All of the horrifying and OOC actions taken by the main characters are a sort of Gambit Pileup: For example, maybe Fluttershy babified Dash because she saw that as the only way to redeem Dash from her Rainbow Factory self, and Pinkie Pie, not knowing about the Rainbow Factory, faked the torture cellar, and tried to traumatize Dash's real personality into returning (upon which she'd wipe Dash's memory of the whole thing), but ended up having to kill dash to save her from being a baby for the rest of her life. Twilight broke free of the madness and is trying to release her friends from their suffering, but is hampered by the fact that she was still driven nuts, but in a different way. Cheerilee was trying to keep the kids from going to Fluttershy/Twilight/Pinkie, and again, it went a bit gory, because she, too, had been driven insane, and Fluttershy's original motivation for brainwashing everyone was that she wanted to give everyone a childhood free of Cheerilee's insanity, and the Rainbow Factory was also created as a way to get kids away from ponyville, but something evil got into it, and it was mutated into being just as bad as everyone else. And as for how this all fits together, two words: Time Lords.
Two completely crazy cannibals, who both happen to be connected to cupcakes in some way. This cannot be an accident.
"Do you believe in parties?
Cupcakes is a horror movie that Pinkie and Rainbow made.
Cupcakes was written by a changeling who intended to feed on hate rather than love.
The massive binge that followed resulted in health problems that followed it for the rest of its life, but on the plus side it never had to work for food again.
Cupcakes was written by Celestia
- She either meant for Rainbow Dash to find it and see if she would stay loyal to Pinkie after reading such a horrific story or to troll. You be the judge.
- Damn, I was checking if this guess already existed...
Both are Ax-Crazy
, bear almost no resemblance to their canon counterparts
, and are terrifying.
- And in Sonic's verse Amy Rose is the replacement for Pinke for Cupcakes. (See here)
Either that, or Cupcakes!Pinkie is
Conchita. Both are psychotic cannibals, love parties, and are (slightly in the case of the latter) memetic among the fandom
The whole story and the details of Pinkie Pie's "chamber" are extremely similar to the Sonozaki torture chamber in Watanagashi-hen and Meakashi-hen. The nail torture is similar in nature to the one Shion
was going to do to Keiichi. Rainbow Dash also suffers a Watanagashi (disembowelment) style fate. The fact that Cup Cakes manages to be EVEN WORSE than the worst bits of Meakashi-hen (which is widely considered the darkest, nasitest arc in the ENTIRE When They Cry
franchise) is truly saying something.
Somepony on Just Dance 4
's development team knew about this.
Disturbia's dance coach looks a lot like Pinkamena, and for Wii U users, there's Puppet Master Mode, where one person picks moves off the Game Pad
to change choreography in real-time. Disturbia has one, and near the end, one of your options is a move called “Party Wings.” Hilariously, the move is also in Maneater's Puppet Master Mode, as well as that for Super Bass. It appears to have been taken out of 2014
, perhaps because the rest of the Just Dance team found out.