Every Challenge is actually a highly advanced Virtual Reality programMeaning the Challengers don't actually travel to the 'verses, they just meet NPCs based on what the real versions look and act like.
The Champions are all Dark SignersWhy? 1) Most of them are Back from the Dead and 2) The Nomads (according to Lamdba) have Tron Lines much like Earthbound Immortals.
The Champions are actually visiting real universesThough they may not know it, their actions may be making a significant impact on the different universes they travel to, for better or worse. This goes for universes the champions are native to. If they are ever able to return home after completing a challenge in a home universe, they may find that its history has been changed.
The Champions' changes splits off into a parallel universeGiving them a false illusion of hope.
The Magical Girl challenge is taking place in an illusory universe.It consists of what every Challengers "knows" about Japan ,and so is filled to the brink with stereotypes. Once they leave the challenge, it continues to exist, eventually becoming a Promised Land for weeaboos around the planet.
- Seemingly Confirmed as Xi points out how they broke a cycle of death.
- Jossed, as the magical girls in it function in a completely different manner and fight completely different enemies.
Robot Unicorns are secretly controlling everythingThe song keeps recurring in various forms... it must have a more sinister purpose...
The challenges are a series of Eigen Plots for the ChampionsThere is a very simple solution for each challenge, regarding one or perhaps two of the Champions, and the Nomads are wagering on them coming up with the solution. The challenges will be over whenever the Champions are able to solve one of the challenges in the "correct" manner.
Eddie Riggs is the original Champion.The game, Brütal Legend, where he was snatched from his original home and dropped into another, was the very first challenge, which he won. taking down a witch or an eldritch abomination. This makes the Pevensies and those related the original champions.
Susan Pevensie will be chosen as a championIf the above WMG is true, she will be the only original Champion that's available for picking due to the other proto-champion's statuses.
Christopher Robin was a NomadIn the infamous Pooh's Adventures genre, most of the time, Christopher Robin put his toys in "plays", which are a fancy term for movies with them inserted into it. Most of the challenges in AGOG and TOTG are events with the Champions inserted into them. Hm...
One of the Champions is a Nomad in disguise.Most likely candidates (though it could be anyone):
- Eddie Riggs, since he has traveled dimensions before and may know more about how to go about it.
- Gordon Freeman, since the man is involved with Black Mesa.
- Kirby, since no one would suspect the pink puffball of being anything more than being Team Pet.
- Rey Mysterio, since he's the most ordinary Champion, which would be an interesting handicap for a God/Goddess to give themself to play in a game of their own design.
- Blink, who everyone is still trying to figure out.
- Natsu, who seems to share a lot of character traits with his Nomad, Eta... including eating powers.
- A future Champion who has yet to appear.
Lambda's champion is Gordon Freeman.Lambda and Black Mesa use the same symbol (λ), and since Gordon Freeman works for Black Mesa...
The Collector is a daemon of NurgleRead the description, it fits.
Mr. Tetsukamu will be traveling worlds soon.Phi had possessed his rival, and the creator confirmed that he will stick to Sanichigo. Maybe some Deal with the Devil will provide him the power to enter challenges as well.
- This looks like it will happen, but not through a Deal with the Devil. Rather, Dr. Sterling is currently figuring out how the portals work, and has invited Tetsukamu to join her.
- Jossed, they haven't popped up at any point during Season 1.
Vanished champions are a result of their particular Nomads changing their minds about who they want to play with.The Nomads are obviously a fickle bunch. The fact that some champions appear and disappear quickly, or vanish after certain challenges, is because the Nomad who chose that character grows bored with them or is dissatisfied with their performance, and toss them back to wherever they had retrieved them from and select someone else.
- Jossed. They are used to power Omega's Weapon.
Mr. Tetsukamu, who is confirmed to be a former Challenger and from a different world, came originally from Warhammer 40,000.You mean this isn't Canon?
- Indeed not.
The Challenge Chamber is The End Of Time.The portals resemble Gates, though they connect to different worlds instead of times. This End Of Time is in fact the end of ALL time, and all worlds.
If a Champion dies in the Common Room, they will stay dead permanently.Thus far we have only seen the Champions die during the various Challenges, in which case they are whisked back to the Common Room no worse for the wear. Furthermore, the Nomads have always interceded before any battles the Champions might wage in the Common Room turn lethal. It stands to reason, then, that the Nomads are trying to prevent their Champions from being seriously injured or killed while in the Common Room because they, by nature of how the space operates, cannot be revived should they expire.
- Seems to be jossed as Omega is taking that role.
Echidna is actually DKN117Think about it: it's an unknown, mysterious presence that nevertheless influences the plot in small ways without interfering directly.
- Why am I a WMG? I'm a dude, and Echidna is... was not.
- I think it's a jab at your metagaming tendencies.
Rey Mysterio's only purpose in the challenges is to be bait for EchidnaFollowing up on the above WMG, Rey is easily the weakest and least capable Champion in the group, with no natural powers or weapons, only just capable enough to keep himself alive, certainly not able to play the game very well. At the same time, DKN117 seems to have a soft spot for Rey. The Nomads know this, and have put Rey out there to draw out Echidna, who is actually DKN117, in hopes of recapturing her.
- Hmph: DKN117 here - I'll have you know that Jorge, not Rey, is my favorite Challenger. I just felt Rey was getting kind of a raw deal earlier. Also, I'M A DUDE. And my personal WMG is that Echidna
The Common Room is built on EchidnaShe's in the walls...
Eddie Riggs is the "Eddie" referred to by Gordon in Freeman's Mind.In Freeman's Mind, Gordon twice refers to someone named Eddie who can hook him up with things (human skulls and a fake ID, to be exact). Those requests would be rather simple for The World's Greatest Roadie to acquire and provide for him.
Lambda is Shinji IkariOr rather was, long, long ago. Third Impact led to him transcending into godhood, but a combination of his experiences - both as a mortal and as a god - , the passage of time, and the corrupting influence of absolute power turned him into the ruthless, vicious bastard that is Lambda.
- Slightly Confirmed. He's a variant of Shinji, called Shin Ikari.
Echidna is ReiMuch like the case with Lambda, she too ascended into godhood. However, she Came Back Wrong, and now had become a monster. Lambda notices this and tries to take care of Echidna. This might also explain why Lambda is hinted at loving Echidna.
- Jossed, she's Asuka, or a variant of her.
Echidna is a TimelordBecause no WMG is complete without at least one of these.
We are the Nomads.We're plucking them from their homeworlds, we're throwing them into challenges. It makes sense.
Xi is AlyxReading this post I could come to the conclusion that Xi is Alyx. She rigged the challenge to reunite herself with Gordan.
- Jossed. She's Blink.
Gordan's initial meeting with Mami will be awkwardGiven how his first encounter with Magical Girls went...
- Jossed; Mami's player dropped out shortly after joining, before Gordon & co. returned from their Challenge
The Nomads are trying to stave off entropy/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
The Nomads are writing Fix Fics by using Champions/Overlords to do their biddingMost of the challenges are "aim for happy ending" if it's reenacting the plot and we see in the Dog Soldiers challenge that failure leads to Mind Rape.
Dis Baba is still aliveBeing an insectoid lifeform, he's entered a cocoon and will emerge bearing no resemblence to his old self.
The statue in the crossover Challenge is Yiaxatar
The ending will be All Just a Dream.Or Was It a Dream??
- Specifically, a Dying Dream of Shinji Ikari, imagining himself as a supremely powerful entity recruiting powerful people (from across the universes he knows) with a single goal in mind. Lambda's determination to save his wife from imprisonment is Shinji desperately trying to bring Asuka Back from the Dead. When the Game ends, all the Champions will return, Lambda reunited with his love... and then Shinji wakes up.
The Nomads will either die off or return to their own worlds by the end of Season 1Eternal Champions, people were snatched from time just before their deaths to compete for the right to survive. The Eternal Champion swore the battle would never end...eventually the games will become a free-for-all with the champions having to defeat each other to earn the right to return home.
A Game Of Gods will get Cho Den-O Syndrome.In which the RPG will be overfilled with the Nomads and that quality will suffer.
After Jorge disappeared, he was sent back to the Challenger-changed HaloverseWhile the other Champions were off dealing with further Challenges and the Nomads, he was likely helping Carter, Jun, Six, and the Chief fight across Halo and such.
- This Troper supports it. He dissappeared around Reach, so he possibly chose to stay.
Sifuri is the Elements Of Harmony or something the Elements were based onWeapon of Mass Destruction? Check. In pieces? Check. This is just a crack thoery.
A piece of Sifuri is in the Real WorldAnd it's in Iraq's hands. Hence why we have the war. It's a WMD after all...
Blink and Neon Tiger are related somehowBoth are thieves.
- Jossed by Word of God, even though Neon Tiger turned out to be a young girl.
Sifuri is The Reality Bomb, which hid it's sentience from the Daleks.