For the Marvel
series' guessing, click here
. For the Tatsunoko
series' guessing, click here
and for Tekken X Street Fighter, click here
Who will Capcom cross over with next?
I think it might be Konami.
- This troper would kill for Namco vs. Capcom. Yeah, I know about the strategy game, but I think a fighting game could work out pretty well.
- Three words: Saban. Versus. Capcom.
- What about Capcom vs. Toei?
- Nintendo Vs. Capcom.
- And before that, some Capcom characters would appear in a Super Smash Bros.. game.
- Screw it, why not make the crossover game itself Smash Bros #4? Super Smash Bros Nintendo Vs Capcom... I like the ring of it. Build it on the Brawl engine, it would take next to no actual work. Wii exclusive, naturally.
- Or they could do what they're doing with Namco right now: Make two games, each with a different playstyle. Capcom's can be in the Vs. series style and Nintendo can make it a Smash Bros. game.
- Actually, Capcom characters are being considered for SSB 4.
- It's funny you should mention that...
- How about just Mario vs. Capcom. The Mushroomverse has Loads and Loads of Characters who can fight. Or Capcom vs. Pokemon (Pikachu vs. Mega Man!)
- Obviously the only answer left is Capcom Vs. Capcom.
- I don't think the fans would like to see another Capcom Fighting Evolution.
- I, on the other hand, think that CFE was a very good idea wasted. Maybe if they make all the gauge systems character-independant, like in Capcom vs. SNK 2, (with the C, A, P, S, N and K grooves) and added a new section from other series. Maybe the VS series, I'm thinking on the 3-level gauge bar from Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes plus four of the following characters: Mega Man, Morrigan, Strider Hiryu, Jin, Tron Bonne, Captain Commando, Amingo, Ruby Heart or Hayato. And, of course, everyone and everything with new sprites "done by UDON". Oh, and they can even give a letter to all the systems: C (SF2) A (SFA) P (SF3) C' (DS) O (RE) and M (MvC) plus the E for Ingrid's CFE gauge.
- I'm won't disagree with you there. CFE definitely had potential, but a lot of it was squandered by turning it into Street Fighter vs. Some Dudes. Even the scrapped Capcom Fighting All-Stars seemed more promising (even if it suffered Porting Disaster) simply because there was variety (Strider Hiryu, Charlie, Alex, Haggar and Poision). It's a good idea on paper, but a second attempt at CFE would require a diversified cast and character balancing (the characters of Red Earth and SFIII had huge advantages over the others; let's not even start on Shin Akuma...).
- At least, Shin Akuma has a reason, if only he would be toned down for his playable appearance.
- Actually, whatever small tournament base CFE had proved that the game was pretty well balanced, even if Jedah and Anakaris were top tier.
- I can't decide between your idea and a Capcom All-Stars Battle Royale styled game.
- Disney vs. Marvel vs. Capcom. The House of Mouse built has a rich history of characters can go toe-to-toe with the character of Street Fighter and such. Or maybe they could be added in the long awaited Marvel vs. Capcom 3, since Disney now owns Marvel.
- Agreed; it would be awesome to see Simba vs Amaterasu, Hercules vs Hercules, Beast vs Beast, Mulan vs Chun-Li, including Joe Quesada and Squirrel Girl for the lulz.
- They already said that no Disney characters would show up(they are keeping their licenses seperate). Besides, WB owns DC, but DC fans don't ask for Bugs Bunny to show up in DC Universe Online, so why do people ask for Disney characters in a Marvel game?
- If this ever happens, Perry the Platypus has to be in it.
- DC vs. Capcom. Nuff said.
- Street Fighter IV producer Ono wants to take it a step further....By adding Marvel into the mix as well.
- Marvel Vs Capcom Vs DC? I'm in.
- The scary thing is, I would expect eventually Square Enix X Capcom (as they're about one of the few companies left they haven't crossed over with yet, and between their relationship with Marvel (owned by Disney, who partners with Square on the Kingdom Hearts franchise), the fact Square done fighting games with its characters, and the fact that in North America both Capcom and Square share distribution rights for the first Breath of Fire I (and there's rumours that they're going to announce Square-distributed remakes of I and Breath of Fire II at E3 in June). They're also one of the few RPG companies they HAVEN'T yet included in a "foo X Capcom" type game a la Namco X Capcom or Cross Edge...
- Square Enix X Capcom X Marvel X Disney. Nuff said.
- Only if they include Eidos/SEUK characters. Rico Rodriguez! Grappling hook, GET OVER HERE! And of course Lara Croft...
- Again, Disney is keep Marvel apart from their other stuff. Besides, Disney also owns ESPN, But doubt the guys from Sport Center would be added to a crossover.
- I'm surprised that nobody mentioned Midway vs. Capcom, considering that there were plans for Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter. Well... at least in the past it could have been interesting, but now... U_U
- I could be good now that Mortal Kombat is going 2D again.
- With Midway now officially gone, that's not going to happen, sadly. WB owns the Mortal Kombat name now, as well as the studio that made it... WAIT A SECOND!
- Warner Bros. VS Capcom. Neo vs Ryu. Oh shit...
- It would never work, but... Capcom vs VALVE. Just to see Tank take on Ryu. Talk about worlds colliding...
- Capcom x Shanghai Alice? Or they could just be honest and call it Capcom x Touhou. Hey, that could actually work...
- Well until they decide to do that, there is M.U.G.E.N.
- Why didn't I think of this before. CAPCOM VERSUS EA!
- Actually, Euro-American crossovers in general hold a LOT of potential. 2K (Rosie, Lilith (or Brick, or both!)), EA (Psycho, Isaac, Faith), Ubisoft (Altair, The Prince), Activision-Blizzard (Alex Mercer, Diablo)! It should be a crime that they haven't done this yet.
- Jump Vs. Capcom. With the success of Jump Super/Ultimate Stars, and with the success of a Vs Capcom game from another, more obscure (to the west) Japanese entertainment business, this could work. Maybe it's just because I want to see a match between Zangief and Suguru Kinnikuman.
- Hasbro Versus Capcom! What about watching Arashikage ninjas versus Gouken's students? Or Mega Man, well, Mega Manning Skywarp's powers? D'Compose vs Anakaris? With Unicron re-making Akuma into a form similar to Cyber-Akuma to act as the game final boss. It could even have a tie-in toyline of 2-packs, just like Marvel vs. Capcom had.
- Whoa, whoa, whoa!!! Did you just say... HASBRO versus Capcom?!? Now THAT is something this troper can get behind, especially considering its major franchises...
- And since this is Hasbro we're talking about, if this happens someone will somehow manage to add in an MLP character (preferably from the fourth generation).
- Koei Vs. Capcom or Better yet, Musou Vs. Basara!!
- Naruto Vs. Street Fighter, if only for the opportunity to give Sasuke a Stun Gun Headbutt.
- Gainax Vs. Capcom. "Ryu! Let's see ya grit those teeeeth!!!"
- DC Vs. Marvel Vs. Capcom.
- SEGA Vs. Capcom. Ryu vs. Ryo! Dr. Eggman vs. Tron Bonne!
- I would love that if only for the opportunity to give Silver a Shinkuu Hadoken, Final Atomic Buster, Shoyreppa, Yoga Inferno, Crazy Buffalo, Ground Shave Rolling, Tiger Genocide Shun Goku Satsu, Tiger Megashot, Psycho Crusher, Haru Ranman, Stun Gun Headbutt, Hoyoku-Sen, X-NDL, Brave Dance Breathless, Soulless, Oil Coaster,, and Darkness Illusion, Pharaoh Magic, Sange Passare, Midnight Bliss all at once. Oh, and throw Namco-Bandai in there to so I can give Silver a good old Brave Tornado, Terra Force, Cocytus Breath, Celestial Arrow, Flower Cannon, Gate Of Destiny, Heaven's Knuckle, Garuru Tomahawk, Positron Lazer, Vee Lazer, Sanctuary Bind, Giga Death, Diamond Storm, Nine Headed Dragon Formation, and Beat Slash.
- Capcom vs. Austrailia. There's a lot of terrible people/places/things in Austrailia to challenge Capcom.
- This fan made box art (created with Photo Shop), puts up the idea of a Kodansha Vs Capcom. Heck, the art already has ideas for possible fights. And, unlike Tatsunoko Production, There are plenty of characters that Westerners can recognize. Personally, This Troper wants to see Morrigan and Sailor Mars duke it out.
- Kamen Rider Vs Capcom. Rider Kick Vs Shin Shoryuken!
- WWE vs Street Fighter. Can the Shoryuken overcome the power of the Attitude Adjustment?
- Capcom vs the Behemoth- since the Behemoth is owned by Tom Fulp of Newgrounds fame, then this could mean Mega man vs Pico... or perhaps... Zangief vs. Dad 'n' me.
- How about...[deep breath] Capcom vs. Disney vs. Marvel vs. Nintendo vs. DC vs. Warner Bros. vs. Cartoon Network vs. Nickelodeon vs. Fox vs. Cinemassacre vs. Channel Awesome vs. Hasbro vs. Kellogg's vs. General Mills vs. Dark Horse Comics vs. Image Comics vs. Shonen Jump vs. Tatsunuko vs. TV Tropes (The Advertisement Server would be SUCH A GAMEBREAKER though) vs. Youtube vs. Newgrounds vs. EA vs. Activision vs. Chuck Norris vs. Namco vs. Past Presidents vs. On-Line Entertainment vs. Dingo Studios vs. 5th Cell vs. Dreamworks vs. Sony vs. Epic Games vs. Oni Press vs. Teletoon vs. WWE vs. TNA vs. ROH vs. HIT Entertainment vs. Sega vs. Midway vs. TBS vs. TNT vs. [adult swim] vs. Paramount vs. Universal vs. BRIANBLESSED vs. Platinum Games vs. YOU, THE PLAYER, AS THE FINAL BOSS [deep breath]
- Congrats, you just described M.U.G.E.N.
- He didn't, not even half of those companies have characters avaliable for the fighting game engine.
- Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha X (or Vs.) Street Fighter, and by extension, Seven Arcs X (or Vs.) Capcom?
- I know what it actaully will be, given Capcom's greed and trolling and Sega's financial woes: Street Fighter X Sonic the Hedgehog with Guest Fighter characters Blocky Original Polygon Akira Yuki and Hideous American Cartoon Morrigan Aensland.
- Dreamworks vs Capcom anyone?
- What about Nippon Ichi vs. Marvel vs. Gust vs. Capcom?
Capcom vs. Arc System Works will happen at some point.
Yes, I know Sammy vs. Capcom
was cancelled once before, but a guy can dream, right? I mean, just imagine the match-ups. Obviously we'd have stuff like Ryu vs. Sol
and Ken vs. Jin
. But we'd also have brilliant possibilities like Zangief vs. Potemkin
, Lilith vs. Noel
, and for god sakes, Phoenix Wright vs. Bang.
In line with the previous troper's commentary above re "Capcom vs. Capcom" being the ultimate extension of Capcom vs. Whatever
as a trope, are there really properties left
at this point Capcom could
do this with (or put in something like a Capcom vs. Arc System Works, etc.)?
- The only franchise of Capcom's that I can think of that is a) well-known and b) hasn't been yet subjected to a Capcom vs. Whatever is the Breath of Fire franchise—the closest it's ever come is with a background screen in Pocket Fighter (in a hidden bonus round, at that, featuring chars from III) and "card cameos" of the respective Ryus and Ninas from IV and Dragon Quarter in the obscure SNK vs Capcom: Card Fighter Clash series (cards of the Ryu and Nina from IV ending up in the Neo Geo Pocket version, cards of the Ryu and Nina from Dragon Quarter in the Nintendo DS version). I'm actually surprised that we didn't have any BoF cameos in Namco X Capcom or X Edge, to be honest.
- Normally this could be explained by the fact that, historically, Breath of Fire has been The Unfavourite in Capcom's family of franchises; however, Capcom been doing a lot with Expanded Universe spinoffs of IV in particular since mid-2007 (leading to Wild Mass Guessing Capcom may be planning a Breath of Fire VI that is a sequel or prequel to Breath of Fire IV).
- Naturally, there's also been a lot of Wild Mass Guessing as to why the Breath of Fire franchise seems to be the odd franchise out as far as Capcom vs. Whatever treatment...
- ...including a line (thanks to a recent announcement of a possible re-release of I and II) that essentially postulates that it's the licensing issues with Breath of Fire in North America that are tying up the works. (Long story short—Square did original translation and distribution of the original Breath of Fire I, meaning technically both companies may have distribution rights.) THIS particular bit of Wild Mass Guessing has likely been pretty much annihilated by the (comparatively speaking from past!) fairly massive Breath of Fire appearances in the "Heroes vs. Heralds" mode of ''Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3", though.
- Breath of Fire actually may have almost gotten the "No Capcom vs. Whatever" curse broken—apparently inclusion of chars were considered for Marvel vs. Capcom 3, then rejected on the basis regarding "foreign appeal" (based on a Japanese Twitter blog from the developers). Apparently there is still interest in getting a char from Breath of Fire in a Capcom vs. Whatever, though—the same Twitter entry notes the developers really wanted to put Fou-lu from Breath of Fire IV in as a playable character.
- And it looks like the "Card Game Cameo Curse" hits Breath of Fire again—no direct cameo in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, but multiple Breath of Fire cameos do show up in "Heroes vs. Heralds mode" (which is pretty much a revival of the "Card Fighter" games—only this time, to unlock special abilities). So far, Ryu (from Breath of Fire I), Nina (from Breath of Fire II), Myria (from Breath of Fire III, Fou-lu (from Breath of Fire IV), and Lin (from Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) are confirmed.
- Of particular note to this—this pretty much proves that any potential distribution issues with Breath of Fire I certainly don't affect crossovers.note
- And even in what is arguably a case of What Could Have Been (the original plan was for full appearances), this is still—by far—probably the most extensive appearance of any Breath of Fire cameo in any Capcom vs. Whatever.
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Not technically their IP, but they made all the games, didn't they? I wanna drop a fucking STEAMROLLER on Morrigan.
- JoJo isn't owned by Capcom, so they can't
- Which also explains why that franchise is the sole one (along with possibly Power Stone) not even to have had "Card Fighter Cameos".
- Power Stone has also been ignored for these crossover fighters.
- Although they tried, Ace Attorney hasn't actually had any playable characters in any Vs. Series.
- Killer 7 is of Grasshopper Maunfacture. Sorry. I can see where you're coming from though. How about Clock Tower?
- Asura's Wrath, but that came out after the last vs game was made.
Just think about it... it could work...
- Thing is, Disney said they wouldn't put Marvel characters with any of their other liscenses.
- I think they'd make an exception for a video game about these two universes fighting.
Who do you what to who facing who?
Same with the Top, But this is to Suspicious Character and why:
Breath of Fire's curse will finally be broken with a Square-Enix vs. Capcom
It would neatly deal with the "Square has US distribution rights for the first game" issue.
Regardless of sales (both in Japan and internationally), Project X Zone
will inevitably pave the way for a Sega vs. Capcom
or a true Namco vs. Capcom
Either that we'll get Square Enix vs. Capcom
or Capcom vs. Konami
down the road. It's going to happen eventually. The catch is that, in the case of SvC
, the events of Project X Zone
(and by proxy, NxC
and Endless Frontier
) will be canon in the context of said crossover (albeit perhaps in Broad Strokes
The Groove system in (the as of now still a pipe dream) Capcom vs. SNK 3 would be modified to reflect SNK and Capcom's additions to their stables.
Assuming a miracle happens and Capcom actively approaches SNK to finally make a new Vs.
title, Street Fighter IV
and The King of Fighters XIII
are shoe-ins for titles SNK and Capcom would want to integrate into the series mold, but it goes without saying that the two are quite different from previous entries. The number of standard Grooves could even be increased from 6 to 8 to incorporate the P from SNK Playmore (as for the fourth Capcom letter, you've got me). If the devs were perceptive, they'd even keep the customizable Grooves from CvS2
but have the hallmarks from any removed/altered Grooves as options. It goes with saying that better attention needs to go towards balancing out the Grooves and keeping them true(r) to the games they're supposed to be representing (so, no giving Capcom Grooves KOF
-style rolling when none of their fighters have that). CvS2
greatly improved on what CvS
started, but it was still flawed; a third go would likely iron out the remaining problems.
And the rivalries could be as follows:
- Filia VS Ryu: Filia is the closest Skull Girls has to a Shoto Clone and a main character.
- Peacock VS Dan: Lethal Joke Characters who are all-around goofy.
- Cerebella VS Rainbow Mika: Female grapple-based characters who have an Ass Kicks You attack.
- Valentine VS Ibuki: Ninja-like characters who are quick.
- Parasoul VS Karin: Both come from wealthy families, and neither are afraid to fight.
- Painwheel VS Juri: Victims of experimentation who were driven insane.
- Ms. Fortune VS Dhalsim: Both are capable of doing things with their bodies that one wouldn't normally be able to (namely detaching/reattaching limbs and stretching limbs longer than normal).
- Double VS Twelve: Neither are exactly human and both like to mimic their opponents.
- Squigly VS Necro: Opera singers (amateur, in the latter's case) who have a close bond with someone (Leviathan for Squigly, Effie for Necro).
- Big Band VS Q: Both are large men who dress similarly, plus, Big Band was stated to be based off of Q.
- Robo-Fortune VS Mech-Zangief: Robot versions of already existing characters.
- Bloody Marie VS Akuma: Both are boss characters who have SNK Boss tendencies.
(Add any alternate rivalries below)
- Feel free to feel no satisfaction in beating him from now on.