The Majority of this Sonic Cartoon is set in an alternate-dimension or alternate-level MobiusGiven that since the first two Sonic games that it has been possible for Sonic and Tails to warp between dimensions using a combination of ring orbs and ring-gateway devices to get all seven Chaos Emeralds, it's plausible to think that the majority of the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episodes take place in a dimension between dimensions where the sky and land are a different colour pallet from their regular dimension in regular Mobius. Either that, or it is actually mostly set in underground Mobius where many different and strange beings have lived and 'evolved' over the future years that Sonic and Co. are said to be set in in most other media.
Sonic SatAM is actually a fanfiction written by Sonic's fangirl Sonette, from Mystery Of The Missing High-TopsShe changed her real name to Sonette, due to being Sonic's biggest fan, so it's possible that she gave her Birth name Sally to her Author Avatar, replaced Tails as Sonic's partner, while said fox cub was written into a role that would have him play the child to their Mommy and Daddy dynamic. Hodge Podge, a rabbit with a southern accent was likely the insparation for Bunny, while his bellboy uniform was the inspiration for Antoine's appearance.
Tails is really RoyaltyIn part two of the Quest for The Chaos Emeralds saga, Merlynx tells Robotnik that in order to use the emerald he must become King. Tails, however, was able to activate it and gain a Heroic Build without getting the crown. The reason? The King's daughter married a vulpine nobleman, with Gender Equals Breed being in effect, making Tails a descendant of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog's King Arfur. His past before meeting Sonic was never fully explored, so it's possible that he's the long lost heir to the throne.
- That could also explain how the 5 Sonics and Tailses defeated the Supreme High Robotnik despite having that Emerald in his possession.
Sonic actually had no idea what he was actually talking about during his Sonic Sez segment on 'Touching'Depending on the show's in-universe rules, It turns out that when Sonic had been called out again to film his next Sonic Sez PSA segment; -in part because he's still around the age of 11- the producers of the segment found that they could get the young Superhero to touch on this sort of subject by flat out lying to Sonic that it was a moral segment on the topic of bullying rather than unwarranted harassment as it turns out to be.
- This piece of WMG could make for some Cringeworthy In Hindsight moments for the present 16-17 year old Sonic if this topic were to be brought up in any piece of Sonic medium or fan work that had any fridge agenda for Sonic and Co., although whether it would be more hilarious or more horrifying is a hanging question.
This series is canon to the gamesThe show takes place between Sonic 4 and Sonic Unleashed. And going by the above...
- Tails' personality in the games appears to be largely based on a less extreme version of his personality here - Exactly what could be expected from growing a few years.
The series takes place after Sonic SatAMWhere the Freedom Fighters have disbanded, and Dr. Robotnik never fully recovered from his Villainous Breakdown at the end of the last episode.
The series takes place before Sonic SatAMDr. Robotnik had a From Nobody to Nightmare moment, and started taking his hatred of Sonic to new levels, taking over the world.
- That moment is when he began to use the Roboticizer. Even Scratch, Grounder, and Coconuts think it's horrible and decides to leave Robotnik's employment. Which is fine with Robotnik since he's grown weary with their constant incompetence.
- Interestingly, AoStH originally was intended to be a prequel.
They aren't really speaking EnglishSee this scene from Tails's Tale. Look at the obvoiusly non-English writing on the monitor.
Grounder is a prototype version of the Bouncer Big Daddy.They both have drill hands. That's about it.
Grounder, Coconuts and Scratch are actually robotic Alternate Universe Versions of Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy respectivelyScratch is the super squad's idealistic high-voiced team leader and lead scam- err... trap artist.
Grounder is the big doofus with a will to work, but whose low intelligence will turn out to be the squad's undoing.
Coconuts is the intelligent but also weakest and most ill-fated of the group who will very often be seen cleaning up the place in the lure of his piers.
- Alternatively, Scratch can be seen as the most intelligent, focused and organised of the group while Coconuts can be seen as the short -and also high voiced- egotistical big planner who will often get the bad end of the stick at the end of another misadventure.
Had the series continued, Scratch, Grounder, and Coconuts would have been shown to be Minions With Fs In Evil (or even more blatantly if they were already) and eventually make Heel-Face Turns.Would it be that surprising?
The Super Genesis Wave has rewritten the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog universe into a world similar to the video games but with some of the cartoon's elements intact.
- Scratch is really Cluck, Grounder is really Snively (they're both pointy), and Caninestein is a mix of Uncle Chuck and Muttski.
Scratch and Grounder Are Incompetent on PurposeIf they ever successfully captured and killed Sonic then their mission would be over and Robotnik would melt them down for parts. They're really just Obfuscating Stupidity because they don't want to die.