Tropers Online: 4,663
[ Login for more options ]
Vitriolic Best Buds: Newspaper Comics
- + Create New
- Krazy Kat and Ignatz Mouse. Despite — or perhaps because of — the fact that Ignatz throws bricks at Krazy's head every day, Krazy is madly in love with Ignatz. For his part, Ignatz is a Friendly Enemy who hangs out with Krazy all the time and displays Jerk with a Heart of Gold tendencies.
- Nate, Teddy, and Francis from the newspaper comic, recently turned into a series of kids' books, Big Nate.
- Calvin and Hobbes: The title protagonists, who even go to the point of violently beating each other up. This seems like a trend in Calvin's relationships, since he also has undeveloped Slap-Slap-Kiss with Susie.
- Peanuts: The entire cast takes part in this to some degree, with Charlie Brown of course receiving the brunt of it, but despite all the fighting between them they are quite a close knit group.
- Pearls Before Swine's Rat and Pig. Rat will abuse Pig to the point of literally throwing him under a bus, but underneath it all he does care for his little buddy, as evidenced by one strip where sat by an unconscious Pig's hospital bed.
- In one Thimble Theater Poopdeck Pappy, the father of Popeye, says that the reason he made his one friend, the diminutive "Pookie" Jones, is because they used to be fierce enemies until one day Pappy suddenly considered Pookie and realized that he simply wasn't worth hating, so he made friends instead. Upon hearing this Pookie flies into a rage. Pappy holds him away At Arm's Length as he punches at him furiously, chuckling, "Ain't he cute?"
- Tiger often shows the title character engaging in schoolboy brawls with his buddy, Hugo.