Visual Novel: Toku Hou
TokuHou: The Truth of the World is an upcoming Visual Novel/Adventure Game for the Play Station Vita, in development by Nippon Ichi with character designs by Kiyohara Hiro.The second Nippon Ichi Anniversary Project, the game revolves around a special television department in Tokyo, Japan, which are made up of four members and their two producers. Entitled the "Special Report Devision", the members of the group go around investigating and reporting unusual and mysterious events for the station's irregular program, which just so happens to cover supernatural and paranormal incidents.The game is told from the perspective of a camera, while the actual gameplay focuses more on puzzle/mystery-solving and researching as opposed to most Visual Novels. You follow each character as they arive at the scene and interview witnesses and gather information, while also find and resolving contradictions throughout the information you obtain. When you obtain enough information, you head back to the station and sort through your information to get your story ready for broadcast. The kicker is that there is now "right" or "wrong" way of getting the truth out; whatever is broadcasted will be percieved as the truth by your audience.
Toku Hou contains examples of:
- A Day in the Limelight: Each character gets their own chapter in the game's Tie-In Manga.
- Alien Abduction: ...and Kaede is the abductee.
- Awesome Art/Scenery Porn
- Bishounen: Ryo and Mamoru.
- Buxom Is Better/Gag Boobs: Chikase, whose bust is as well-known as her reporting skills.
- Dueling Games: With Time Travelers.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: Aya.
- The Men in Black
- Milestone Celebration: One of several games created in honor of Nippon Ichi's 20th Anniversary.
- No Export for You: NISA has made it pretty clear that do not intend to localize this game.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Kaede.
- The Quiet One: Mamoru.
- Real Place Background: One of the bigger points of the game, as Nippon Ichi are teaming up with real broadcasting studios in Japan to make the game feel more realistic.
- The Seven Mysteries: The game is broken up between seven different incidents, which eventually lead to a conclusion.
- Smoking Is Cool: Akio.
- Spontaneous Human Combustion
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Kaede can be considered this.
- Tie-In Novel: ...well, a tie-in manga, courtesy of Flex Comix.
- Tokyo Is the Center of the Universe