Tayutama -Kiss on my Deity-
tells the story of Yuuri Mito, an Ordinary High School Student
with a love of motorbikes and an eccentric father. He's also the descendant of Yachimata, a priest who sealed away spirits called Tayutai many years ago. One day, he rides out with Ameri to find that a relic that houses the Tayutai is going to be destroyed for further city expansion, and as such goes to purify it. Ameri's moped starts up a moment too soon and cracks the rock, freeing all of the Tayutai. Most of them are harmless little spirits, but three of them despise humans and go out into the world. Kikurami, a Tayutai who sealed herself away all those years ago, appears in the form of a young girl who seeks to bridge the gap between humans and Tayutai.
She ends up living at Yuuri's house, ending up married to him after a kiss. Yuuri names her Mashiro
, and so the two begin training to reawaken Yuuri's powers and either defeat or bring around the three great Tayutai. Yuuri, Ameri, Yuuri's stepsister Yumina and Mifuyu, a student from the prestigous Flawless Girls' School, all take part in the story.
Based on the Visual Novel
by Lump of Sugar, adapted into an anime in the spring of 2009. A fandisc, Tayutama -It's happy days-
was released in 2009, and an Updated Rerelease
Tropes in Tayutama
- Abuse Is Okay When Its Female On Male — After Sankuro jokes about Ameri having a crush on Yuri, she punches him in the chest.
- Accidental Marriage — For Yuuri, at least. Mashiro had full intentions of marrying him. Eventually upgrades into a full marriage by the end.
- Action Prologue — The beginning of episode 1 shows Mashiro helping Yuri's ancestors in defeating/sealing the three main demons.
- After the End — The very last scenes in the anime appears to be the sunken ruins of Japan similar to a scene in Evangelion...we don't get to know how it happens, and there wasn't any hint about it ever going to happen at all during the series...and the only purpose of that scene is to show the two main characters reuniting (both appearing to not have aged at all).
- Battle Aura
- Bitter Sweet Ending — While they stop the Big Bad, and seemingly reform him, Mashiro still ends up dying, or at least going into a long sleep. Either way, they don't get to spend time with each other until a Distant Finale where it seems the city he lived in is in ruins.
- Cannot Spit It Out — Part of Ameri's problem with her relationship with Yuri. Mashiro even calls her out on it at the end, asking if Ameri ever told him how she truly felt about him. She then tells Ameri that Yuri wasn't even aware she liked him, and in fact Yuri thought she was mad at him for some reason or wanted to be Just Friends, hence why he never took the initiative.
- Censor Steam — Episode 9 has one during Mashiro's dream sequence.
- Clingy Jealous Girl — Ameri is incredibly jealous of Mashiro's "marriage" to Yuuri. Gets worse as the series goes on, and the Big Bad even utilizes this to his advantage.
- Date Peepers — While not exactly a date, Ameri and Sankurou spy on Yuuri/Mashiro while they're investigating a crime scene in episode 5.
- Defeat Means Friendship — Nue and Houou the Phoenix after being beaten. The lesser spirits seem to fall into this trope as well, and don't seem to cause trouble after Mashiro tells them not to. In the end also including Oryu, the dragon.
- Drop the Hammer — Mashiro's primary weapon, even when she's in her loli form.
- Eyes Always Shut — Sankuro.
- Gender Bender — "Yuuko", Yuuri's female identity when he goes to Flawless to keep an eye on Yumina. Magical crossdressing!
- Green-Eyed Monster — The Dragon Tayutai feeds off Ameri's jealousy of Yuuri being "stolen away" from her by Mashiro.
- Head Pet — The Phoenix Tayutai in both of its forms. It really likes Yumina's head.
- Lawyer-Friendly Cameo — In an episode he guest-directed, Nabeshin makes an appearance as a salesman that Nue scares away.
- Line-of-Sight Name — Yuri gives Mashiro her name after looking at a bag of marshmallows.
- Meaningful Name — Mashiro gets her name after professing delight over a marshmello, and literally translates to "pure white" (which matches her Kurirami outfit).
- Monumental Battle — The final battle takes place at Tokyo Tower.
- Murder the Hypotenuse — As Ameri watches Mashiro, slowly win Yuuri's heart, she decides (with no small amount of influence from the Dragon) that Yuuri shouldn't have to risk his life with all this magical nonsense. She concludes that the only way to keep Yuuri safe is to drive Mashiro away... with a little help from the villain. In case this you didn't realize this a bad call, she gets bat wings, Dull Eyes of Unhappiness, and a dark purple aura.
- Naughty Tentacles — Episode 4's fight with Nue.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero — After Yuri tells Ameri to escape on her bike, she accidentally causes it to crash into the wooden seal, causing it to unleash all the spirits trapped there.
- The Ojou — Mifuyu, an honor student of Flawless.
- Petting Zoo People — Mashiro, who has both the ears and tail of a wolf.
- Power Gives You Wings — The Phoenix grants a pair to Yumina, Ameri gets a pair from the Dragon. Yumina's are golden and angelic, therefore good. Ameri's are black and leathery, therefore not good.
- Sealed Evil in a Can — And Sealed Good in a Can in Mashiro.
- Sleep Mode Size — Both Mashiro and Nue take the form of young girls when their powers are lower than normal.
- Theme Tune Cameo — The Karaoke Box session from episode nine uses this one.
- Token Mini Moe — Nue.
- Tearjerker — The final episode...who could have thought this show contained such tearjerking moments...
- Tsundere — Ameri.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend — Poor Ameri.
- You Are Not Alone — Yuri tells this to Mashiro in episode 3.
- Zettai Ryouiki — Ameri, appears to be a Grade B.