"My heart began thumping furiously in my chest... like an apple core in a moving recycling truck..."“Once upon a time, I met a prince… the Prince of Nigeria. Throughout his lovely poetry and wonderful serenades of emails, I couldn’t help but fall in love with him. Too bad falling in love with a prince isn’t all flowers and bunnies as fairytales claimed – we were playing a dangerous game of passion, wildfire and strife. What awaited us both was a story of heartbreak, of tragedy, of broken romance, and deer droppings…”RE: Prince of Nigeria
is a Comedy Visual Novel
by Soyasushi Productions
. It is a story about a girl who falls in love with the perpetrator of a commonly known Nigerian internet scam
The complete game can be downloaded here
This visual novel provides examples of:
- 419 Scam: The basis of the story.
- Amicable Exes: Horai still gets along with her ex-boyfriend... uh... Zak.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: The real Horai.
- Asian Airhead: Horai. Subverted.
- Awesome McCoolname: Horai Owen. Also, Apara Kachingpopgorn.
- Bland-Name Product: Gmail and Ymail become Hmail and Zmail respectively. Also Zak is a Hamsung brand laptop. Cracked.com becomes Macked.com, and Light Yagami becomes Right Imagay.
- Blond Guys Are Evil: The creator of the Nigerian scambot probably counts...
- Brainy Brunette: The real Horai.
- Caps Lock: The Prince of Nigeria apparently forgot how to turn his off...
- Cargo Ship: In-Universe, Horai x Zak (her laptop).
- Deadpan Snarker: The real Horai.
- Expy: Rich Hastley of Rick Astley, in the epilogue.
- The Faceless: The Prince of Nigeria.
- Idiot Hair: Horai.
- Mailer Daemon: Apara Kachingpopcorn for Horai, Played for Laughs.
- Metaphorgotten: Horai does this very often. Played for laughs.
- Mood Whiplash: The main game and the epilogue.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Horai, in all of her articles.
- Psycho Ex-Girlfriend: Horai in the Bad Ending.
- Rapunzel Hair: Horai's hair reaches her hips.
- Romance Game: Hilariously parodied.
- Shana Clone: The real Horai has some elements of this, but without the violent aspects.
- Shout-Out: One of Horai's articles, "How to Prolong Your Life Against a Goddamn Psycho Girl" features a thumbnail image that looks like Sho Reilen.
- What an Idiot: In-universe - due to the game's comedic nature, it is deliberately made for you to feel this about the protagonist.
- Zettai Ryouiki: A little hard to notice since it only appears once, but Horai's full-body sprite shows that she sports this.