Ace Attorney Investigations meets My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
.My Little Investigations
is a fan game staring the cast of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
with gameplay in the style of the Ace Attorney
spin-off series Ace Attorney Investigations
, which started as a project by the YouTube
user GabuEx, now the leader of the group Equestrian Dreamers
Like the game it's based on, My Little Investigations
is planned to tell a story across four to five chapters with Twilight Sparkle as the main character, following her investigations of a series of crimes that are taking place in Ponyville. While each chapter will mostly be self-contained, there will be a common thread linking the chapters together for the conclusion.
The current version of the demo can be downloaded here
My Little Investigations provides examples of:
- Always Murder: Averted. GabuEx has stated that none of the cases will involve murder.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Apparently, when the CMC tried to get Cutie Marks in interpretive dancing, they set a tiger loose, Rarity's mane was on fire, and Opalescence was stuck in a tree.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: When Pinkie Pie explains the mechanics of the game, she talks about game mechanics that make no sense in-universe and directly addresses (and refers to) the audience.
- Call Back: The balls Pinkie Pie set up around town in case of ball emergencies are brought up. Pinkie Pie's Pinkie Promise is also brought up once more.
- Darker and Edgier: When compared to My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
- Deadpan Snarker: Twilight as usual. Possibly more so than usual.
- First-Person Smartass: Twilight, as is usual for Ace Attorney protagonists.
- Forced Tutorial: Played straight, unlike the other Ace Attorney games.
- Fourth Wall Observer: Pinkie Pie is given this attribute, common to her in fanon, so that she can do the tutorial. She says she has a "walkthrough"; Twilight has no idea what that means.
- Jumped at the Call: Twilight again.
- Lighter and Softer: When compared to the Ace Attorney series due to averting Always Murder.
- Lying to the Perp: A variation. Twilight lies to Rarity by making it seem like she knows more than she really does to get Rarity to stop hiding information.
- Noodle Incident:
- The case the investigative team from Canterlot worked on. Whatever it was, it was enough of a mess that the rest of Ponyville dreads their return.
- The CMC's attempts at getting Cutie Marks in interpretive dancing.
- Oh My Gods!: As is usual for FiM fan works (and the show itself to a degree), anytime the word "god" would show up in a common phrase, it's replaced with "Celestia".
- Shout-Out: If Twilight talks to Apple Bloom about herself, she mentions a scientific paper written by Dr. Gordon Freecolt.
- Taught by Television: Twilight apparently learned all of her investigative skills through mystery novels.