Visual Novel / Koi To Senkyo To Chocolate
The story of a boy yearning for true love and a girl hating chocolate.
Or, in English, Love, Election & Chocolate.
An adult Visual Novel
released in 2010 by the relatively new company Sprite. It features artwork by Akinashi Yuu, music by I've Sound, and an all-star voice cast. An all-ages
PSP version of the game was released in September 2012, as well as an anime adaptation that started airing as a part of the summer season of 2012.
Ohjima Yuuki is a second-year student at the extremely prestigious private high school called Takafuji Gakuen. This school has a student body of about six thousand, and most of its students are on the fast track to good careers. Perhaps because of that, the Absurdly Powerful Student Council
takes a strong role in maintaining and governing the students; kiddy politics though they may be compared to the real world, the student government is also practice for aspiring politicians, and is Serious Business
Of late, the budget for school clubs has become stretched thin. It's almost time for the third-year Student Council President
, Mouri Yakumo, to step down—and because of this, the club budget is an important issue in this year's election. Frontrunner candidate Shinonome Satsuki openly intends to deal with the issue by abolishing all clubs with "no merit"
. This includes the Food Research Club that Yuuki is in, where he and a handful of his friends do nothing but hang out and eat sweets.
When Yuuki and the club go to Mouri for help, he suggests that Yuuki should enter the election himself in order to protect his daily life. And so Yuuki does, quickly getting swept up into the school's political situation.
The heroines you can romance in game are:
- Sumiyoshi Chisato, Yuuki's Patient Childhood Love Interest and the president of the Food Research Club. A second-year student just like Yuuki. A Genki Girl. Because of a mysterious incident in her past, she refuses to eat chocolate. She is the main heroine, and the player must complete her route in order to unlock the four others. Voiced by Nakamura Eriko.
- Kiba Mifuyu, a good friend of Chisato. She's a year older than Chisato and Yuuki, but is an Ill Girl and has been held back to be in the same year as them due to her frequent sicknesses. She is from Hokkaido and knows a lot about its foods. Voiced by Mizuhashi Kaori.
- Aomi Isara, a first-year student. She is very poor and goes to school almost entirely on scholarships, causing her to be the target of bullying, but she is a hardworking Pollyanna who is never discouraged. Has a special talent for finding Four Leaf Clovers and a Signature Laugh. Voiced by Kadowaki Mai.
- Shinonome Satsuki, a second-year student and Yuuki's political rival. She is wise and strong-willed, but because her family runs a wagashinote shop, she has a weakness for the Western sweets she's rarely able to eat. Boobs of Steel. Has a distinctive red-bobbled hair tie. Voiced by Asakawa Yuu.
- Morishita Michiru, a first-year student in Isara's class. The Quiet One. She wandered into the Food Research Club on a whim. Fickle, but apparently likes Yuuki. She's usually seen eating her Trademark Favorite Food, the Yaoi-bounote , and playing her PSP. Considered to be catlike. Voiced by Imai Asami.
- Edagawa Nozomi, a third-year student and former president of the Food Research Club. Affectionately called "Non-chan" by her peers. She used to live overseas, where she skipped a grade. Loves Yuuki's handmade Ohjima Roll sweets. Good friends with Mouri, to the point of calling him "Yakkun". Voiced by Gibu Yuuko. Her route is PSP-exclusive.
The anime adaptation features an original scenario that incorporates content from Satsuki, Michiru, and Chisato's routes.
There are currently two manga adaptations running, one simply titled Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
that focuses on Chisato's storyline and one with the subtitle Stray Little Cat
that focuses on (you guessed it) Michiru.
See also Ima Sugu Oniichan Ni Imouto Da Tte Iitai!
, which is set in the same universe.
This Visual Novel employs the following tropes:
- Absurdly Powerful Student Council: Apparently, the student council controls the budget and policy for the school. The outgoing president also has his own bodyguards, as does Satsuki.
- Abusive Parents: Isara and Michiru both had rather terrible fathers. At least Isara's mother is good though.
- Accidental Pervert: Yuuki accidentally walks in on Mifuyu changing early in her route.
- A-Cup Angst: Nozomi drinks milk constantly for her 'future.' Hazuki wryly notes that while Nozomi wants to look like her, she herself never drank much milk when growing up.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Aomi is bullied because she's a poor scholarship student.
- Ambiguous Gender: Hidaka wears both the male and female student uniform and denies it, so just guess whether they're male or female. Somewhat more likely to be a girl than not, however.
- Animal Motifs: Michiru is designed with cats in mind, something the cast picks up on once or twice. She's a little moody, very quiet and aloof. Cute and wants attention, but won't ask for it.
- Apologizes a Lot: Satsuki begins calling Yuuki weird names like Pekojima because he keeps apologizing and apparently there's a funny sound when he bows.
- Bad Bad Acting: To get the monkeys to come back to the club in Isara's route, she, Yuuki and Nozomi all put on a monotone performance about how they need the pair in a way they're sure to be overheard. Even the monkeys aren't fooled, but they play along in the same flat manner because they just wanted an excuse to return.* Armor-Piercing Slap: Chisato hits Mifuyu across the face when confronting her and Yuuki about their relationship in the latter's route.
- Bedmate Reveal: Midway through the game, Yuuki wakes up to find Oboro in his futon. In the anime, Chisato likes jumping into Yuuki's bed to wake him up.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: In theory, this is how Chisato and Yuuki's relationship works. Mifuyu and Aomi think so anyway.
- Beta Couple: Yakumo and Kana in Michiru's route.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Morishita, when she's trying to find Kana in the hospital.
- Beware of the Nice Ones: President Mouri spends most of the series as a polite and relatively helpful mentor to the Food Research club(though he makes clear his own motives as well). When he finally comes into conflict with Yuuki, he doesn't hesitate to verbally tear down or subdue him with bodyguards.
- But Liquor Is Quicker: Subverted. Hazuki and Satsuki have a drinking game of sorts that is cut short by Yuuki's confession to Satsuki, but she waits to sober up before they do anything together. Though this is mostly because she's also been eating quite a bit and when mixed with the alcohol she feels pretty sick.
- Buxom Is Better: Discussing Satsuki's countless merits in the first episode of the anime eventually devolves to something along the lines of
Character A: "And she's smart!"
Kii and Ai: "And she has huge tits!"
Character B: "And she's diligent!"
Kii and Ai: "She has huge tits!
Character C: "She's hardworking and polite -"
- Camp Gay: Yume is gayer than a barrel of monkeys on helium. The fact that only Yuuki never seems to realize it (which is especially hilarious, as Yume is so obviously fixated on seducing him) is used for many jokes in the anime and especially in the Visual Novel.
- Canon Foreigner: Ohsawa Yuiko was an original character created for the anime. In the game, the Ohsawa Incident is repeatedly mentioned, but Ohsawa never appears onscreen, and their gender and given name are never revealed.
- The Charmer: Yuuki is really good at getting along with people, though he doesn't notice it himself. He's able to completely ad lib excellent speeches, which is basically what keeps the campaign going.
- Chick Magnet: Women slightly older than Yuuki sometimes randomly kiss him without knowing why. This is never mentioned again. It's also noted that Yuuki's campaign lost female voters when he start going out with Satsuki but this too is never addressed again.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Chisato is your basic tsundere childhood friend love interest.
- Childhood Marriage Promise: Yuuki and Chisato were basically asked to make one on behalf of a Mysterious Friend.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Chisato won't make a move herself, but she feels entitled to get angry about Yuuki talking to other girls when she's not around. She gets particularly upset around Isara because she has a lot of chemistry and mutual interests with him.* Crash-Into Hello: Yuuki meets Isara, Satsuki, and Mouri in this manner (just Isara in the anime). He lampshades it as a romantic comedy trope every time.
- Comatose Canary: Kana reacts to the sound of Yuuki playing her song on her harmonica even in her vegetative state because of course she does.
- Common Eye Colors
- Condescending Compassion: At first it looks like Mifuyu is calling Yuuki out on apparently pitying Isara but it actually turns out that she just doesn't want him showing too much interest in her for Chisato's sake.
- Continuity Cameo: Ayumu, Matsuri, Mao, and Kimika in the anime adaptation; all four are heroines from "Ima Sugu Onii-chan ni Imouto da tte Iitai!", an upcoming visual novel set in the same universe. Ayumu and Chisato are cousins, and Yuuki knows the four of them through her.
- Cool Big Sis: Satsuki's sister Hadzuki, who is the Food Research Club's staff adviser.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: Aomi thanks Yuuki with some odd homemade cookies made with pancake batter and salted margarine because she can't afford anything better. Despite that, they're still very good.
- Covert Pervert: Yuuki keeps up a dignified front, but he can actually be pretty shameless. It's pretty low key, though, especially relative to the likes of, say, Majikoi's Yamato.
- Custom Uniform: Michiru wears a cardigan instead of the jacket, and Isara just doesn't wear the jacket.
- Dating Catwoman: Satsuki's route.
- Declaration of Protection: In Michiru's route, Yuuki decides this after Michiru is badly triggered and left emotionally unstable and dependent on him.
- Delayed Reaction: Michiru is always slightly behind everyone else when it comes to reactions, leaving her doing things like cheering after everyone else has already stopped or not immediately reacting to people when they speak to her.
- Double Entendre: Oboro's speech is full of gay innuendo.
- Dragged into Drag: When Chisato, Kii, and Ai cosplay Vocaloid characters, Oboro winds up being dressed up as Luka.
- Drop-In Character: Chisato frequently breaks into Yuuki's room, much to his annoyance.
- Dude Magnet: The most popular girl in the story isn't Chisato or Satsuki, though they have their fans. No, it's tiny team mascot Nozomi.
- Dwindling Party: Yuuki alienates the group one by one in Isara's route until one day he arrives at the club and nobody else is there.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Much to their chagrin, Kii and Ai are called the Monkey Duo, punning on their names (Kii as in monkey, Sarue as in saru meaning monkey).
- The Empath: Michiru can read people's 'colors' and know how they're feeling or if they're dangerous or not.
- Emotionless Girl: Michiru never really shows much emotion. Because that's how she was raised to behave.
- Entitled to Have You: Chisato feels she deserves Yuuki and gets angry if he goes out with Satsuki and especially Isara. Mifuyu also seems to support Chisato's entitlement issues, though that might be tied into a feeling that she's been stepping aside for Chisato, so if Chisato doesn't win that makes her own courtesy pointless as well.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Non-chan suddenly defects to Moheiji's campaign towards the end of the election in her route. She was blackmailed. Everyone except Yume and Isara deserts in Isara's route.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Satsuki's female fans are the most distressed when she starts dating Yuuki.
- Everyone Can See It
- Everyone Has Standards
- Chisato is a jerk, but she dislikes how the poor scholarship students are treated.
- Hidaka may be a bit of a corrupt journalist, but he? is seriously trying to do a good job and is really upset about the direction that ASP takes in Satsuki's route.
- Eyes Always Shut: Yakumo always has his eyes closed. The club decides they can trust him anyway eventually. He's shown opening them briefly when he hears Michiru playing her harmonica, thinking it must be Kana.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Averted. Yuuki seems to be the only person in the food research club that has any interest in cooking, despite it being all girls apart from Oboro.
- Finger-Suck Healing
- First Girl Wins: Chisato isn't the first girl to appear on screen, but she has the first lines.
- First-Name Basis: Chisato doesn't like formality and insists on calling everyone by their given name. Michiru has Yuuki call her by her given name instead of "Morishita-san" when they get togther in her route; ditto Satsuki. Yuuki and Isara start using each other's given names without having to prompt each other in Isara's route.
- Four-Leaf Clover: Isara likes to hunt down four leaved clovers so that she can make wishes on them.
- Freudian Excuse: Chisato hates chocolate and acts like a jerk because her dead little brother liked it. Yep.
- Fun with Acronyms: The BL club is called FNOS, abbreviated from Fu no Su or "The Yaoi Fangirl Nest".
- Gay Option: Oboro gets some Ship Tease with Yuuki, but no route.
- Girlish Pigtails: Chisato, Isara, and Nozomi.
- Hair Decorations: Kii and Ai have cutesy hairpins, Satsuki has her red-bobbled hair tie, and Isara wears light blue hair ribbons.
- Graceful Loser: In Michiru's route, Chisato sadly but quietly gives up on Yuuki and says she'll try to move on. In other routes she, uh, doesn't.
- Hammer Space: Mifuyu keeps her notebook PC in her pocket, which Yuuki repeatedly notes should be too small to hold it.
- Happily Adopted: After a fashion. Hadzuki and Satsuki are full-blooded relatives but both believed they were only half-sisters, with Satsuki's mom marrying their father (after being his mistress) after Hadzuki's mom died. We find out that Hadzuki's mom was actually barren and could not have given birth to Hadzuki and when she found out, she didn't want to just see her birth mother as her actual mother as she felt it would invalidate the existence of the mother that raised and loved her.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: Hazuki gets drunk constantly. It's played for laughs in most routes, but not Satsuki's.
- Hero Antagonist: Satsuki doesn't like that the food research club doesn't research food and instead spends all their club money on snacks. This isn't unusual for the school, but you can hardly blame her for not liking how they waste other people's money and then lie about it when she investigates.
- Hime Cut: Satsuki.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Tatsumi's attempts to undermine Satsuki and Yuuki's campaigns by asking why they were meeting alone ends up backfiring completely when she honestly and bluntly states they were on a date, not collaborating on their campaigns. Satsuki and Yuuki also lose some support, especially Satsuki, but it's nothing like the damage Tatsumi takes for publicly interfering in someone's personal affairs.
- Hopeless Suitor: Yuuki doesn't take Oboro seriously because their orientations don't match and Hazuki because he prefers to believe that she's joking.
- Hot for Student: Hadzuki has, in the past, come on to Yuuki and even stolen his Sacred First Kiss. He turns her down because he doesn't want to have to deal with the awkward aspects of dating a teacher.
- Tatsumi handing out 100 yen vouchers so people will remember him is terrible, but the food research club handing out candy so people will vote for them through a loophole is a-ok!
- During the later parts of Michiru's route he's also inwardly critical of the security department using funds to treat Kana without declaring it on their budget despite him openly taking club funds just to buy snacks to hang out with his friends.
- Ill Girl: Mifuyu gets sick quite frequently. She even had to be held back a year because of it, which made her socially isolated and even less likely to attend until Chisato made friends with her.
- Image Song: Each of the heroines has one, which is used as the ending theme to her route.
- Indirect Kiss: In the anime, Yuuki shares one with Michiru over a harmonica, and only realizes after Mifuyu points it out. In the game, Chisato insists on being the one to test out Hadzuki's harmonica once Yuuki's fixed it in order to avoid this, though it flies over Yuuki's head.
- Insistent Pronunciation: Yuuki is very insistent that people don't call him 'Ooshima' instead of the proper 'Oojima.'
- Irrational Hatred: Hazuki knows her dislike for her household isn't fair, but she holds on to it as a way of cherishing the woman who actually raised her even though Hazuki wasn't her own child.
- Hidaka is rather manipulative with his reports, twisting everything people say and insulting them as much as possible.
- Chisato herself is also kind of terrible, though mostly to Yuuki.
- Jerkass Fašade: Hazuki acts harsh around Satsuki, but she does care. She's actually the one person in her family that she doesn't have any kind of mixed feelings about.
- Jerkass Realization: The monkeys end up crying and apologizing to Isara after what they said to her.
- Lawyer-Friendly Cameo: The Vocaloid costumes used for the booth cosplay are all slightly altered from the actual costumes that the software mascots wear. Too, Garage and Mieru appear to be selling Bakemonogatari figurines and Hetalia doujinshi respectively, but the actual names of the works are not said (the Bakemonogatari girls are called by the animals possessing them—Crab-chan and Snake-chan—whereas the England x US doujinshi is mentioned by the ship's portmanteau name).
- Lethal Chef: Chisato can't cook. She can't even make a riceball into the right shape. It quickly becomes clear that she's incredibly careless.
- Living Emotional Crutch: Chisato relies on Yuuki to compensate for Daiki's death. She gives him chocolate, he eats it and says it's great, they continue on with their lives.
- The Load: The monkeys are generally obnoxious and worthless.
- Loophole Abuse: The club gets around the 'no bribes' rule by handing out items that have Yuuki's image attached. You're allowed to give out things having to do with the campaign such as pamphlets. Just because they have candy attached doesn't invalidate that. They also 'borrow' money from Hazuki since it's not technically receiving contributions from a teacher if they pay it back later.
- Love at First Sight: Michiru responds more to Yuuki than anyone else because she fell for him immediately, though she didn't realize it.
- Love Triangle: The inevitable love triangle comes up, of course, and this time it's with Chisato, Mifuyu and Yuuki. Chisato is the third wheel, but Mifuyu feels it would be a betrayal etc etc.
- Malicious Misnaming: The monkey pair always calls Yuuki 'Ooshima' instead of reading his name properly.
- Matchmaker Crush: Mifuyu has a crush on Yuuki even though she's always pushing him towards Chisato.
- The Millstone
- When gathering support for the preliminaries, Yuuki goes around with a female club member to gather support. Michiru's emotionless attitude and shyness is worse than useless and offends some people they talk to.
- In Isara's route Yuuki does an awesome job of destroying his own campaign from within.
- Moe: In universe, Chisato and Mifuyu feel that the way Michiru behaves around Yuuki is really endearing. Chisato in particular doesn't even get jealous of her or angry at Yuuki about it even though their behavior has all sorts of warning flags.
- Multiple Endings: There are five heroines. You have to get Chisato's ending first.
- Nice Girl: Aomi is very bright and friendly.
- Nonstandard Character Design: Reiji has a constantly shocked expression and weird bulging eyes behind his glasses. His color pallet and shadowing are also completely different. There's also a spinning propeller on top of his head. Except Yuuki might just be delusional.
- Noodle Incident: Something called the Oosawa incident completely discredited Yakumo and by extension the security department, but they don't explain what it was until Michiru's route. Even then, all you learn is that she caused some kind of disturbance and dropped out as a result.
- Official Couple: Chisato is the main heroine. The story isn't too subtle about this.
- Only Friend: Michiru's only friend is Kana, but she disappeared some time ago and Michiru hasn't been able to find her. Eventually she grows attached to Yuuki as well. Literally. She won't let him go for several days until finally she has to go to class.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Isara's little brothers Nii and Chii.
- Operation Jealousy: Yuuki tells Mifuyu that he isn't worried about Chisato talking to other guys because she never displays romantic interest in anyone. So Mifuyu passes along the message and as soon as Chisato gets home she begins talking about how great Yakumo is.
- Panty Shot
- Parental Abandonment: Yuuki's father is dead and his mother is always working, Michiru's parents are gone and Isara's mother is frequently working and her dad left. The rest have normal functioning families with a little bit of drama for Satsuki thrown in for good measure, but they don't appear much either.
- The Pollyanna: Isara keeps a smile at all times no matter the circumstances, even if she has to fake it, though that's fairly rare. However, she reaches her limit after Chisato accidentally gets her shoulder injured by a passing cyclist. If her collarbone is fractured, she can't work. If she can't work, she can't stay in Takafuji or even support the household income.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: Mifuyu in her school uniform.
- Protagonist-Centered Morality: Somehow, Satsuki is wrong for wanting the food research club to stop basically stealing school funds. Everyone happily supports this corruption, including anticipating increasing their budget despite their complete lack of interest in doing anything useful with their club. Also, it's okay when the food research clubs exploits rules loopholes regarding bribes, but not when the general affairs division does it.
- Punny Name
- Ariake Mieru is a homonym for "seeing every possible opening", as in having a sharp eye for Ship Tease moments. She's the president of the Boys Love club. Ariake is also the name of the area in Tokyo where Comiket is held.
- The two monkey girls have appropriate names. One contains 'Saru', which means monkey, and the other's name has Mon and Ki at the beginning of her family and given names.
- The Quiet One: Michiru doesn't speak much. It's rare to get more than a single word out of her, sometimes even a single syllable if she can manage.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Yuuki loves to cook and, as the game's tagline proclaims, wants a fairytale romance.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Yakumo refuses to allow Yuuki to use the Keitoku program as part of his campaign platform because Yuuki has no concrete, effective plan. When Yuuki foolishly goes ahead and makes it part of his platform anyway, he comes within a hair of abandoning him. However, when he comes up with one after the club basically falls apart, he agrees that the plan is a good one and supports it.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: In episode 11 of the anime, When, Yuuki tries asking about Mouri's behavior, he taunts Yuuki about his feelings and guilt towards Chisato.
- Replacement Goldfish: Yuuki doesn't take Chisato's feelings that seriously because she gets him mixed up with her dead little brother in her head. Even if he eventually becomes attracted to her, he refuses to date her unless she proves she sees him as Yuuki and only Yuuki... by eating some chocolate.
- School Idol: Satsuki's campaign uses her popularity without her consent as a basis for their campaign. They take a major hit with their male voters when she begins going out with Yuuki.
- Second Year Protagonist
- Seinfeldian Conversation: In the middle of introductions, everyone gets distracted by the idea of changing one letter in a title and making it sound terrible. Like 'Go Kill A Mockingbird.'
- Selective Obliviousness
- Yuuki does his best to pretend that Oboro doesn't have a thing for him.
- He also notices Chisato's affections, but generally doesn't take them seriously given her mental issues.
- Sensei-chan: Hazuki is the bubbly, flighty adviser for the club.
- Serious Business: Apparently, student council members need bodyguards, spies and large funds for their campaigns. Even murdering hospital patients is fair game, and said person is only in the hospital because Yakumo was trying to clear up the security department's corruption.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Most people seem to assume Yuuki is dating Chisato, much to his annoyance.
- Shipper on Deck: Chisato and Yuuki are frequently physically close to each other, so Mifuyu thinks they make a great couple. Chisato's onesided affection also makes her think that Yuuki should reciprocate and act romantically in return.
- Sibling Triangle: Yuuki gets into one when Hazuki thinks he and Satsuki might like each other. He's not sure if Hazuki is really serious or not, though.
- Soap Opera Disease: Whatever Mifuyu has, it causes her to faint when stressed, excludes her from taking part in hard physical labor, implied to cause her to miss school often (at one point Chisato asks her whether it's okay for her to skip class because she might get into serious trouble if she misses anymore), and was apparently a lot worse until she had her surgery a few years back. Said surgery took her a year to recover from and left a long vertical scar on the right side of her abdomen. What disease it exactly is, nobody tells and nobody can know.
- So Average It's Okay: In-Universe, the movie Michiru and Yuuki watch together is stunningly mediocre. Average dialogue, direction, acting, everything.
- Student Teacher Romance: Hazuki flirts with Yuuki quite frequently and has even kissed him before, but sadly, he won't take her seriously.
- Survivor's Guilt: Chisato blames herself for Daiki's death because she had to share a treat with him earlier that day and it wasn't his favorite chocolate. The horror.
- Sweet Tooth: Satsukis is very passionate when it comes to cakes and confections. She even commands Yuuki to stop talking to her so she can concentrate fully on the experience.
- The Tease: Hazuki likes to flirt with Yuuki. Sadly, she's not a romance option even if her interest is genuine.
- There Are No Therapists: Averted for once; when Michiru breaks down in her route, she's handed over to professional care. She still doesn't manage to recover fully until she and Yuuki get a chance to sit down and talk it out, though.
- Third-Person Person: Nozomi refers to herself as Non-chan. So does almost everyone else.
- Those Two Guys: The monkeys never appear separately and don't even have distinct personalities beyond disliking different foods. They're even exactly the same height with the same measurements.
- Token Mini-Moe: Michiru is your obligatory small girl here. There's also Nozomi, but she's only a heroine in the PSP version.
- Chisato is kind of a jerk. She won't show any affection herself, but punishes Yuuki when he fails to display interest in her.
- In Michiru's route her friend Kana is all tsuntsun towards Yakumo but she does like him. She just doesn't want to admit it.
- Twelve-Episode Anime
- Tyke Bomb: Apparently, the security division needs information about the school so much that they get to brainwash students and have them infiltrate groups for information.
- Unfortunate Names: Everyone in the club eats Yaoi Sticks.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Nobody comments on the candidate wearing a mask or how Reiji has a spinning propeller on his head. Yuuki wonders if maybe he's hallucinating as a result.
- Waif-Fu: Michiru.
- What Is This Feeling?: Both Yuuki and Non-chan in the latter's route.
- When She Smiles
- Aomi is cute, but nothing really special. However, when she smiles Yuuki thinks she's gorgeous.
- Michiru is generally considered unremarkable and has a difficult time emoting, but if you can get a smile out of her it's generally considered very impressive.
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: Technically true for all routes, but especially apparent in Non-chan's.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Satsuki is terrified of earthquakes.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Mieru has her own BL club.
- You Never Asked: Hadzuki is the mysterious non-affiliated ASP candidate from seven years ago. She nearly won her campaign, but was forced to drop out of the running due to threats and harassment from adults working in the school's partnered food chain because she was going to dissolve that partnership. It's implied that she only gave in because she was already stressed out from learning about her parentage at the time. Even when the same thing happens to Yuuki in Chisato's route, Hadzuki never volunteers the information.
- You Wanna Get Sued?: Chisato begins pulling out cookie cutters but when she gets to one that's a certain American mouse Yuuki stops her from putting it on the table where we can see it.